Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any news of fab's leg.....

ReputationRep:
    an interview with cesc
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...roken-leg.html

ReputationRep:
    We didn't get raped by Barca, we got paedophilicly molested. Imagine a 6 year old girl surrounded by 11 huge guys for 30 minutes without stop. Before the match I predicted that Arsenal would somehow control the midfield play and to me that made sense.

----Busquets------Keita----
    ------------Xavi-----------

VS

--------Fabregas----------
    ----Diaby------Song------

But we didn't because of simple things that I didn't expect. Barcelona, as I feared would do, stepped up their game to a whole new level, one which they haven't played at all season. Secondly, I said Diaby would be key for this tie because he would tie up and connect defence with attack but the Diaby of recent times did not show up, he was piss-poor all match and I can't remember him doing a thing right all night. Thirdly, we risked Cesc and he was clearly not fit enough to control play and with Song slotting in to CB at the halfway mark, things only looked like getting worse.

At least there are some positives, Denilson played well, Nasri was our only player who actually played in the first half and Theo has increased his reputation in Catalunya where for some reason he was already regarded a player to fear. Almunia showed his two sides and with watching both Lloris and Akinfeev in action this week (watch their games), we seriously need to buy a Goalie.

What will happen at Camp Nou? Lets first see what we have left from our team, they seemed to be falling everywhere but Theo should still play the role of super-sub.

----Rosicky---Diaby---Nasri---Song---Eboue----

Is what I'll like to see even if Arshavin is fit, he loses the ball to quickly and we definitely don't need that in the first half. I hope Diaby steps up this time round, he's defo my favourite player and this is his chance to show what he's made of.

ReputationRep:
    That's a strong midfield.

Would go for:

---Bendtner---

---Rosicky---Diaby---Song---Nasri---Eboue---

----Clichy---Vermaelen---Campbell---Sagna----

---Almunia---

Walcott to come on ASAP if needed.

ReputationRep:
    I havnt read all the posts but what a night. I stood up and sang all 90 minutes (even when the rest of the crowd went quiet at 2-0 down).
    Yes we were outplayed for the hour but at the end of the day we have done amazingly to come back and we now have a real chance at Nou Camp.
    Btw does anyone know the name of the bluey/greeny pub on the corner of the 2nd ramp entrance (coming from the station)?? It was packed with Barca fans before the game.

Possibly one of the bests games in terms of atmosphere I have been to (that includes over 10 years of going to Arsenal)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Barca will be able to replicate some of the beautiful football in the first half; it was almost perfect tbh. But to win at Barcelona without Cesc would have to be your best result ever, at least in my lifetime. I hope you guys do it, saw a different Arsenal yesterday. At 2-0 down, I did fear the worst for you.

ReputationRep:
    Gallas out for the season.
    Fabregas possibly out for the season.
    Arshavin out for 3 weeks.

Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think Barcelona played particulary well last night, they didn't move the ball around as quickly as they usually do, the off the ball running was slightly laboured compared to their best, the dribbling was non-existant and yet they still cut Arsenal open with ease :dontknow:

So whilst it was magnificent for Arsenal to pull back from two goals down, I still think Barcelona have too much for Arsenal, especially in the second leg.

ReputationRep:
    Epic review of the Barca game is up: http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    I bet you end up losing to Spurs :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Nice review :yep: I disagree in some parts but I can see why you would make the points :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for you??
    Rather have cesc out for the season and draw the first leg 2-2??
    Or
    Have cesc and loose the first leg 2-1?

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd's home advantage has been wiped out with Rooney's absence and their midweek exertions. Mark Lawrenson is going to be right for once with his 1-1 draw prediction for the big game. Provided we hammer away Wolves, we'll be back to square one in the league - point behind Chelsea, two behind Man Utd.

Oh, Arshavin out for 2-3 weeks. Big. Blow. Time for Denilson, Diaby and Nasri to really up their creative game.

http://www.arshavin.eu/news.php?id=526

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Or
    1-2 gives us no chance. 2-2 gives us very small chance. I'll have Cesc for the season, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Gallas out for the season.
    Fabregas possibly out for the season.
    Arshavin out for 3 weeks.

Ouch.
    Seriously? I'm actually happy Gallas and Arshavin are out, would've liked them on the bench just in case though. Nasri can definitely do the job and has been in better form than Fabregas recently imo.

---Rosicky--Diaby--Nasri--Song--Eboue---

That is defo a better midfield than the one we fielded last night if you look at the overall midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Good review.

On a side note, i thought arshavin was beyond lazy yesterday. It seems in games when we are in our ascendency, he delivers, but when we are struggling he doesnt seem bothered, thus Eboue should have started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Or
    have cesc and loose first leg 2-1, cos we still have vital premership games left, and he could have produced magic in the nou camp :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Vermaelen really had a bad game, he did some excellent defending that kept us in it just as surely as Almunia's saves. The goals? Imho, due to the fact that Gallas came off and Song didn't know that Vermaelen was going to be pushing up on Messi all the time (which he needed to do). They obviously didn't talk about it, and with Song not used to playing at CB, he just didn't cover Ibra. For the first, Almunia was perhaps overconfident and thought he could make it after playing well in the first, the second, he was too scared to come out because of what happened in the first and Ibra struck it very well.

I was also very relieved when Sagna came off instead of Nasri, although Walcott was devastating it would have been a big mistake for Nasri to come off tbh, he was consistently the best player when we had the ball.

Bendnter did pretty well too imo, he certainly has potential. Looks like he puts in a better shift in big matches like these ones.

ReputationRep:
    I think in the second leg a lot will come down to Nasri's performance in the middle, I hope he has a stormer like he did against Porto.

Also, if Walcott starts can he keep up that kind of pace for 60-90 mins? We'll need him to tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Bendnter did pretty well too imo, he certainly has potential. Looks like he puts in a better shift in big matches like these ones.
    Pretty impressed with him last night under the circumstances. He seemed like the only one who didn't lose the ball under pressure when he was in our half. The header should've been a goal though and he should've got it on target when he hit the post event though it was offside.

first half was painful

^ just learned how to do that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.