Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Is this for the game against Wolves or Barca?

For Wolves I'd rest a few players and go with:

Almunia

Eboue
    Campbell
    Vermaelen
    Traore

Denilson
    Eastmond
    Rosicky

Walcott
    Eduardo
    Vela
    For Barca.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens you NEED to beat Spurs. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Is this for the game against Wolves or Barca?

For Wolves I'd rest a few players and go with:

Almunia

Eboue
    Campbell
    Vermaelen
    Traore

Denilson
    Eastmond
    Rosicky

Walcott
    Eduardo
    Vela
    Swap Campbell for Silvestre, as he can only play one game a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Whatever happens you NEED to beat Spurs. Seriously.
    If you beat Chelsea and Man U :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Cesc confirmed to miss the rest of the season with a cracked fibula So many players out yet we can't afford to lose any games now, it's going to be tough.

ReputationRep:
    just confirmed..cesc out for 6 weeks with cracked fibula :sad:
    i know maybe barca is out of reach but i really really hope we can beat spurs and man city without him and arshaivn..if we can then we can have a great chacne of winning the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Don't you think it was necessary for the Verminator to push up on Messi? Song should just have dealt with Ibra, but if Vermaelen had laid off Messi, he would have had the ball at his feet and running at Vermaelen with Ibra in front of him, which is not really a desirable circumstance.
    Having watched the highlights again today (god, Bendtner should've buried that header..) he was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea for the second goal I'd agree.

ReputationRep:
    Feel very sorry for Cesc but we have to soldier on. I'm glad that he should be fit for the World Cup though, he deserves to play in it, even though he'll probably be on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Cesc has given everything he had for the club. He had been willing to sacrifice himself a while now. As Panth said before, he could barely function as a human being and it has taken him becoming a crippled mess, unable to walk, for him to not be out there playing in the Arsenal shirt.

Inspirational captain. I ****in' love him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but would it be such a bad idea for Arsenal to park the bus? Just remembering the recent La Liga home games against Osasuna and Malaga, even though we won those gamesm 2-1 and 2-0 respectively it took us over 60min to score and not also the Malag and Osasuna created enough chances on the break to nick a goal or two.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid decision to start him by Wenger. Will have a very detrimental effect now for the rest of their season. **** all again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but would it be such a bad idea for Arsenal to park the bus? Just remembering the recent La Liga home games against Osasuna and Malaga, even though we won those gamesm 2-1 and 2-0 respectively it took us over 60min to score and not also the Malag and Osasuna created enough chances on the break to nick a goal or two.

Thoughts?
    We are pathetic at parking the bus. We cannot defend. At all. We just don't know how.

I reckon the best thing to do is just to have a go. If we get battered (and we probably will), so be it -- at least we tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    We are pathetic at parking the bus. We cannot defend. At all. We just don't know how.

I reckon the best thing to do is just to have a go. If we get battered (and we probably will), so be it -- at least we tried.
    Has Wenger ever deployed a Boeing 747 tactic a la Chelsea and United? Anything remotely displaying a capability to compete?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Has Wenger ever deployed a Boeing 747 tactic a la Chelsea and United? Anything remotely displaying a capability to compete?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    What do you mean?
    Basically has Wenger ever parked the bus before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)

Thoughts?
    It's not Arsene's style to park the bus, he won't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Gallas out for the season.
    Fabregas possibly out for the season.
    Arshavin out for 3 weeks.

Ouch.
    Fabregas out for the season.*

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Arsenal could park the bus if they tried. They don't have the calibre of players to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    I don't think Arsenal could park the bus if they tried. They don't have the calibre of players to do so.
    they'll get raped if they do that, defense sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Basically has Wenger ever parked the bus before?
    We've been less reckless going forward, yes. I wouldn't call it 'parking the bus' because we always try to attack at every opportunity.

But having 'busy' players like Rosicky out-wide, and Nasri in the middle, along with (hopefully) a fitter Diaby might help our cause a lot more than having half a team that were clearly just not injury-free starting the match.

A few long balls chucked in (Bendtner was winning a lot of headers) into the path of Walcott might do the trick. I don't know if that qualifies as 'parking the bus' but what's clear is that Arsenal have to fight for the ball a lot better than they were yesterday. Wenger seemed to be disgusted with the amount of space that we allowed Barca. Hopefully we can correct that in the second leg.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.