Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    The only player I honestly would have a **** over in this Barca huddle is Xavi. Seriously, he's a ******* outrageous player; some of his work last night was staggering. Cesc is a wonderful lad with years ahead of him, but this guy is a freak.
    Yeah you're right I always thought that messi bloke was a bit overrated

(Warning: Sarcasm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Basically has Wenger ever parked the bus before?
    Depends what you mean by parking the bus. They kinda did for their last trophy, the 2005 FA Cup final against Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Depends what you mean by parking the bus. They kinda did for their last trophy, the 2005 FA Cup final against Utd.
    We didn't park the bus, we just didn't offer anything going forward because Henry was injured. We were just really **** that day but somehow won the cup. Kind of makes it even for 2001 against liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    They are both CMs so as far as I'm concerned you can compare them. In my opinion Fabregas is definitely better than Xabi Alonso. What I hate about spain is the fact that a play as good as Arteta may not even make the bench!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    We didn't park the bus, we just didn't offer anything going forward because Henry was injured. We were just really **** that day but somehow won the cup. Kind of makes it even for 2001 against liverpool.
    Well I did say kinda. You don't have the players to do it properly but I reckon if other teams did what you did they would be labeled as parking the bus.

ReputationRep:
    Just a broad piece of rhetorical self abuse in Xavi's direction, and just as opportunistic. Been dying to say it all day, and I could just as easily have posted it in the motoring forum tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Just a broad piece of rhetorical self abuse in Xavi's direction, and just as opportunistic. Been dying to say it all day, and I could just as easily have posted it in the motoring forum tbfh.
    Xavi's motto.

'Recieve, pass, offer'
    Which one do you want to be HP? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I still put Cesc on Iniesta and Xavi's level. And to be fair on Cesc, he's been better than both of them this season, most notably Iniesta.

Alonso isn't on the same level as any of those three.

Xavi
    Iniesta
    Fabregas
    Senna
    Xabi Alonso

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I still put Cesc on Iniesta and Xavi's level. And to be fair on Cesc, he's been better than both of them this season, most notably Iniesta.

Alonso isn't on the same level as any of those three.

Xavi
    Iniesta
    Fabregas
    Senna
    Xabi Alonso

:coma:
    Xavi's better than Fabregas, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Xavi's motto.

Which one do you want to be HP? :sexface:
    I'm depressed I only have two holes and must choose. Women get all the ******* luck. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Xavi's better than Fabregas, imo.
    Possibly, but there is certainly not much between them. Please don't compare last night, Cesc was pretty much limping all much FFS. You also forget Xavi is playing at the best club in the world.

Fabregas has been better than Xavi and Iniesta this season. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, but there is certainly not much between them. Please don't compare last night, Cesc was pretty much limping all much FFS. You also forget Xavi is playing at the best club in the world.

I haven't seen much of Barca this season, but Xavi was on fire last night and is the best playmaker in the world by a country mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I haven't seen much of Barca this season,
    So your comparing Xavi and Cesc over one match? While Cesc was half injured..

:facepalm2:

As I said Xavi possibly is marginally better, but Cesc has been better this season. I don't think anyone can take that away from him.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi's been injured most of this season so it's hard to say. When he has played he's been good mainly because him and iniesta link so well

ReputationRep:

I've heard people claim Xavi makes Messi better,that Xavi makes Barcelona tick, or that Iniesta only plays at his optimal with Xavi.

But I've never heard Barcelona make Xavi look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I've heard people claim Xavi makes Messi better,that Xavi makes Barcelona tick, or that Iniesta only plays at his optimal with Xavi.

But I've never heard Barcelona make Xavi look good.
    Fair enough. I'm just saying it's really hard to tell which one is working for the other. Clearly Xavi makes Barca look good, that goes without saying. But who would you rather have partnering you, Diaby or Inesta?

Xavi is by far more experienced than Cesc, and this is why I feel Xavi at least appears to look like a better player, after all, he's been through it all. But Cesc has been a better player this season. And I'm not talking about goals scored either, that's more just like a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. I'm just saying it's really hard to tell which one is working for the other. Clearly Xavi makes Barca look good, that goes without saying. But who would you rather have partnering you, Diaby or Inesta?

Xavi is by far more experienced than Cesc, and this is why I feel Xavi at least appears to look like a better player, after all, he's been through it all. But Cesc has been a better player this season. And I'm not talking about goals scored either, that's more just like a bonus.
    Cesc has been better this season, yes however Xavi is still the better player, especially in the bigger games. Xavi is also crucial for Barcelona and the Spanish NT which Cesc isn't.

What I will say though is Cesc has the potential to surpass Xavi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    That's the highest compliment I can think of tbh.

At his age, it's no shame to be told that. No shame at all. To say the ******* least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Cesc has been better this season, yes however Xavi is still the better player, especially in the bigger games. Xavi is also crucial for Barcelona and the Spanish NT which Cesc isn't.

Can't really disagree with that tbf. Xavi is better, but the difference isn't as big as most people are claiming. Both are worldclass though :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Cesc is more of a scrote. I want to see more angry Welshmen with clown hair get verbally spanked by the little *******.

Xavi would probably just ask him to juggle or something.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.