Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rich, you GEL, quit WUMing me ffs. I'm raw and bleeding from your invasive WUM.

Not sure I've posted in here since the epic comeback. Must say, what was refreshing was being able to watch, genuinely see we had been outplayed and understand that we did not deserve to win. I think that is the first time since the FA cup win at United that I've felt oooohh, we're so dirty and undeserving... while the losses to United and Chelsea this year have been riddled with bobble and luck for them. We played a team that actually understands football, and in the end, we did ourselves proud.

It's a shame Arshavin is SO lazy these days. I don't understand it really, but I am sure his effort levels have imploded since joining, despite him then being a lot fatter back then...

With respect to the wing situation, it is quite obvious we will have joy down the wings in a counterattacking sense, as it was easy to see how much they crapped themselves when Clichy got round Alves (and went flying up the flank) not to mention their problems with pace on their left side which I highlighted before the first leg (and was wholly vindicated).

For all the above reasons we should start with:

Almunia
    Sagna Song Vermaelen Clichy
    Denilson Diaby
    Eboue Nasri Rosicky
    Bendtner

Whatever people's thoughts on Denilson, he has demonstrated he can retain the ball superbly under all sorts of pressure. He and Diaby can fill up the space ahead of the back four and will need to put in some blocks/tackles to slow things down and disrupt their approach, but more essentially they will need to feed the wings and support on the counter, because that's where we score our massive goal.

Theo will have to settle for being an option to us again, but in this instance, we need to stay in the game long enough for his support to become deadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I'm sorry, what exactly does it say about me?

I realise they are very different players, but I wasn't directly comparing them, simply saying I would rather start Xavi-Fabregas in the middle rather than Xavi-Alonso. I could be wrong, I guess. I'm intrigued to what it "says about me" though.

Alonso isn't as versatile as Iniesta either.
    Says that don't understand that playing all AMs in across midfield with no holding player isn't a good idea. Arsenal don't do it. Spain don't do it. Even Barcelona don't do it. Why do you think it would be a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    When the hell is Van Persie set to come back?

I thought they said he'll be fit by April, back in November?
    starts full training in two weeks so probably starting games by the end of the month

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, not as bad as I was fearing in here.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I LOVE Eboue: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...lways-so-happy

ReputationRep:
    Didn't seem too happy when he was getting boo'ed off the other month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    That was years ago. :rolleyes:
    I'll never forget it. I still have sympathy with him to this day. I can't imagine it's nice being booed by almost your whole stadium and home 'supporters'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I can't imagine it's nice being booed by almost your whole stadium and home 'supporters'.
    I doubt it is, good job that's never happened to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    I doubt it is, good job that's never happened to him.
    Oh right, it was just the away fans then? :toofunny:

Anyway, at least Fabregas doesn't have to come up against Mancienne this weekend, it'd test Cesc's skills to the limit.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a sad note from the Barca game
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Barcelona.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Bit of a sad note from the Barca game
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Barcelona.html
    Sounds like he had a heart attack then fell. Pretty horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Gallas , Cesc .

Both confirmed to miss the rest of the season.

Arshavin may miss the season as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Gallas , Cesc .

Both confirmed to miss the rest of the season.

Arshavin may miss the season as well.
    Thank god for Nasri not being in the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    Thank god for Nasri not being in the list.
    Or even Rosicky .

For the away game v Barca.

We should play Nasri in Cesc's position ( his best place )
    Rosicky and Eboue out wide.

Sol instead of Gallas.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how nervous I was during the game, and it's only going to get worse during the second leg lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I can't believe how nervous I was during the game, and it's only going to get worse during the second leg lol.
    i literally kept standing up, screaming and leaping off the sofa the whole way through the game :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I can't imagine it's nice having a whole stadium and home 'supporters'.
    Corrected for your use.

Seriously, you are retarded. Kill your face with something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Corrected for your use.

Seriously, you are retarded. Kill your face with something.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi is not THE best CM. i think that is impossible to define. There is, rather, i feel, an exclusive club of elite CM's; Fabregas, Xavi, Nasri,Essien, Cambiasso, De Rossi, possibly Lampard...possibly Stankovic (although poor form would say otherwise). Darren Feltcher was wearing trainers, and is not allowed in.

ReputationRep:
    Nasri in an elite list of central midfielders? He's good, but don't go overboard...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.