Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    Xavi is not THE best CM. i think that is impossible to define. There is, rather, i feel, an exclusive club of elite CM's; Fabregas, Xavi, Nasri,Essien, Cambiasso, De Rossi, possibly Lampard...possibly Stankovic (although poor form would say otherwise). Darren Feltcher was wearing trainers, and is not allowed in.
    Obviously it depends on what you want from them, but putting Nasri in and then saying Lampard is a possibility :no:

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe we booed Eboue.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with that elite list. But neither Lampard or Nasri should be included. Nasri maybe in 5 years time. I'd say:

Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Essien, Gerrard and Senna.

I would have included Pirlo, but he hasn't done much for a long time. Maybe Cambiasso and Alonso could creep in. Xavi probably leads the list. However there is so little between most of them it's really hard to boldly say Xavi is the best midfielder in the world. He certainly hasn't been this season.

To say Xavi is the best playmaker in the world by a country mile (like Mr Stalin did), is stupid. Plain stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard > Essien every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Lampard > Essien every day.
    For getting goals.

As for the best midfielder, hell no.

ReputationRep:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo.
    I fail to see why we get so much **** for this given every other club I can think of has at least some form for it.

At least our fans didn't wander off the Shed end when things got tough in the 70's/80's. That's why your club has traditionally been viewed as scum. Nothing to do with money.

We booed one player. Your lot are traitors to the entire club. You're a child ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    Xavi is not THE best CM. i think that is impossible to define. There is, rather, i feel, an exclusive club of elite CM's; Fabregas, Xavi, Nasri,Essien, Cambiasso, De Rossi, possibly Lampard...possibly Stankovic (although poor form would say otherwise). Darren Feltcher was wearing trainers, and is not allowed in.
    :rolleyes:

Xavi is the best CM in the world right now. No exceptions. As for better all round midfielder - depends whether you call Ronaldo a RM or a RW. I'd punt for the latter. Iniesta is a similar story. Stankovic? Nasri? Even Cambiasso is dubious. De Rossi? No way.

I'd definitely call Xavi the best in the world right now, but as Tony says it's pretty close between him and a couple of others. He'd be my pick, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I fail to see why we get so much **** for this given every other club I can think of has at least some form for it.

At least our fans didn't wander off the Shed end when things got tough in the 70's/80's. That's why your club has traditionally been viewed as scum. Nothing to do with money.

We booed one player. Your lot are traitors to the entire club. You're a child ffs.

You ask most supporters nowadays why they dislike Chelsea, they'll give you a lecture about buying things, they won't go back to the eighties.

Okay, attendances decreased in the seventies/eighties but what do you want me to do about it? I wasn't there in the eighties, and if you were then I don't have a clue why you're on this forum. Still, despite the troubles, the attendances below 20,000 for your average game, the lack of intimidation to opposing teams, the fences etc etc it was a pretty bad era in the clubs history. That said, with is being a such a bad era it brings supporters closer together - and songs are still sung today about that era, and going down to division two. Some of Chelsea's best ever players came out of those 15-20 years and are rightly recorded as some of the best, if not the best in our history. Negative in some aspects, mixed in others - and not every club has a nice and rosy history, do they?

Condescending approach HP... unimpressed.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you a Chelsea fan? Come on, give me the lowdown. Did mummy buy you a shirt when they played in the cup final? :teehee:

Usually I hear some ******** like your dad was a Shed ender or something. My ******* arse.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously mate, you've got to sort out your life... now run along, i don't need to tell you why I'm a Chelsea supporter.

ReputationRep:
    Nasri's an elite CM...oh my

ReputationRep:
    . . .i don't need to tell you why I'm a Chelsea supporter.
    No. Didn't think you did . . .

I suppose you're ******* John Terry as well, amirite?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously mate, you've got to sort out your life... now run along, i don't need to tell you why I'm a Chelsea supporter.
    tbh I think your username should be cfc2003 :teehee:

What's there to hide? Innocent question.

I'm a gooner because my dad MADE me and took me to games. My cousin is a gooner because the rest of are. He used to be a chavski fan but felt left out so changed when he was about 7, he's now a season ticket holder with me. My dad is a gooner because when he moved to England they were the team to support in london. etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Nasri's an elite CM...oh my
    And Stankovic! (but not on current form)

This guy seems pretty authoritative on footballing matters tbh, if he says Xavi is crap we'd best believe him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    tbh I think your username should be cfc2003 :teehee:

What's there to hide? Innocent question.

I'm a gooner because my dad MADE me and took me to games. My cousin is a gooner because the rest of are. He used to be a chavski fan but felt left out so changed when he was about 7, he's now a season ticket holder with me.
    Innocent question relevent to Eboue being boo'ed at Chelsea attendances during the eighties? I couldn't care less why you're an Arsenal supporter, all I know is that you are on and I'm not going to question your motives. I'm a Chelsea supporter, I don't care when you think I started supporting Chelsea - all you need to know is that I am one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    And Stankovic! (but not on current form)

This guy seems pretty authoritative on footballing matters tbh, if he says Xavi is crap we'd best believe him.
    I'm just surprised that Aquaman didn't make the list, tbh.

But to add again to the chorus of voices, Nasri should not be on any elite list, let alone a CM one, a position he has barely played for Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Innocent question my ******* arse cfc, you were blatantly trying to attack Arsenal and the supporters.

What's the matter? Don't you like a bit of your own medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Innocent question relevent to Eboue being boo'ed at Chelsea attendances during the eighties? I couldn't care less why you're an Arsenal supporter, all I know is that you are on and I'm not going to question your motives. I'm a Chelsea supporter, I don't care when you think I started supporting Chelsea - all you need to know is that I am one.
    So, you are ******* John Terry then?

ReputationRep:
    Well the point poo was making was that all fans boo their club/players at some point. He was just using an extreme example to make it. I've definitely seen chelsea fans boo. Example:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lues-fans.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Innocent question my ******* arse cfc, you were blatantly trying to attack Arsenal and the supporters.

What's the matter? Don't you like a bit of your own medicine?
    Er, innocent question weren't my words you idiot.

Ever heard of discussion? Banter? Take some and give some? No? Something bad about your club, something bad about the other one etc.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.