Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Wenger - Fabregas will be fit for World Cup

Great news =)
    Are you a Spain fan? If not, why do you care so much if their bench is strengthened slightly?

edit: no trolling intended. I just don't get why you guys think he's such an important part of the Spain NT. He's not even a starter for them. His time will come, sure, but he's not there yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Are you a Spain fan? If not, why do you care so much if their bench is strengthened slightly.
    Because Fabregas doesn't deserve to miss out on the World Cup. Couldn't give a **** about Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Are you a Spain fan? If not, why do you care so much if their bench is strengthened slightly?

edit: no trolling intended. I just don't get why you guys think he's such an important part of the Spain NT. He's not even a starter for them. His time will come, sure, but he's not there yet.
    I'm a neutral, I just want to see a great tournament with the best players on show .

"It is a small, small, small crack," he continued.

"It is not a broken bone as we imagine a broken bone. It is a little bit of the bone and that will take four to six weeks maximum."

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand, not great news for Arsenal. :sad:

Still think the risk was worth it, though. It was a special night under special circumstances.

However, next time Wenger, I'd rather have a fully-fit Nasri than a Fabregas under 50% fit. K, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Senna does the holding for Spain. No one does it better than him.

Villa Torres

Iniesta Xavi Senna Silva

Cesc as super sub.
    Indeed wrt Senna

Although Spain clearly function better with a 4-5-1 formation, so Fabregas could fit into the middle

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear Cesc should be fit for the World Cup, even though he'll be on the bench, he deserves to go.

ReputationRep:
    Moussa Dembele to Arsenal ?

http://goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news...nal-az-alkmaar

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so now Gardner comes out of the woodwork - when he's realised the extent of the damage he's caused. :rolleyes: He may not have caused the crack, but he sure did contribute to it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-cesc-fabregas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Oh, so now Gardner comes out of the woodwork - when he's realised the extent of the damage he's caused. :rolleyes: He may not have caused the crack, but he sure did contribute to it.

Yeah, because it's Gardner's fault that the medical staff and Wenger allowed Cesc to play.

I really do pity you when you're looking to blame anyone but Wenger and his staff for this, tbh. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

Gardners tackle was perfectly legit :rolleyes: he doesn't even admit anything, he just says he hopes that his challenge didn't injure Fabregas too badly and that he recovers quickly.

If anything it was the fault of Wenger+the medical staff allowing him to continue in the Birmingham game and then playing with a weakened bone against Barca.

There is not a conspiracy against Arsenal and trying to peddle this myth is ludicrous to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Gardners tackle was perfectly legit :rolleyes: he doesn't even admit anything, he just says he hopes that his challenge didn't injure Fabregas too badly and that he recovers quickly.

If anything it was the fault of Wenger+the medical staff allowing him to continue in the Birmingham game and then playing with a weakened bone against Barca.

There is not a conspiracy against Arsenal and trying to peddle this myth is ludicrous to say the least.
    But Wenger has already said it wasn't Gardner's fault that the bone is broken. Why did he feel the need to come out to deny it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Yeah, because it's Gardner's fault that the medical staff and Wenger allowed Cesc to play.

I really do pity you when you're looking to blame anyone but Wenger and his staff for this, tbh. :facepalm2:
    I concur that the medical staff should have been more prudent, or if they couldn't have done so, accepted there was a grey area hanging over it... but Gardner's tackle, as I said at the time, was not controlled, and he followed through. It's not nice and it shouldn't be allowed.

It is the FA's responsibility to stop it, but they do nothing, because of RESPECT. Ironically, most fans have lost their respect for the majority of referees in this country, who hide behind this banner for their errors of all sorts. Not even close to good enough, any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    But Wenger has already said it wasn't Gardner's fault that the bone is broken. Why did he feel the need to come out to deny it then?
    :dontknow: maybe he is just being considerate or he might have been told by some of his mates (etc) that Arsenal fans were blaming him.

As usual, I think players should shush and never speak to the media, it never works out well for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I concur that the medical staff should have been more prudent, or if they couldn't have done so, accepted there was a grey area hanging over it... but Gardner's tackle, as I said at the time, was not controlled, and he followed through. It's not nice and it shouldn't be allowed.

It is the FA's responsibility to stop it, but they do nothing, because of RESPECT. Ironically, most fans have lost their respect for the majority of referees in this country, who hide behind this banner for their errors of all sorts. Not even close to good enough, any of them.
    Fair enough re Gardner's challenge, I didn't see it therefore I didn't comment on it.

RESPECT = A complete and utter joke, tbh. UEFA needs to start on a group of elite, professional refs, ones that are accountable for mistakes. IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    :dontknow: maybe he is just being considerate or he might have been told by some of his mates (etc) that Arsenal fans were blaming him.

As usual, I think players should shush and never speak to the media, it never works out well for them.
    Unless of course their name is Andrei Arshavin in which case they should speak as much as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Kev and Meskell: Err, why would I not blame Gardner when he was the one that injured Cesc in the first place? How have you failed so badly in logic? If you had read what I said and not just jumped down my throat, you would have read that Gardner wasn't to blame for the broken leg but he sure did contribute to it. In other words, if he wasn't hurt in the Birmingham game with a heavily bruised leg, then we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now. And no, I don't think there's a conspiracy against Arsenal. But thanks for assuming that anyway. :yy:

Wenger's risk may not have paid off by looking at the result, but by being a truly heroic captain, he inspired his team to carry on. You can blame Wenger for not sorting out his priorities in your opinion, but it was a risk he felt was worth it. And that's what matters at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough re Gardner's challenge, I didn't see it therefore I didn't comment on it.

RESPECT = A complete and utter joke, tbh. UEFA needs to start on a group of elite, professional refs, ones that are accountable for mistakes. IMO.
    It is beyond ridiculous that referees are so well protected, in that, foreign referees aren't allowed to referee in various countries.
    Associations should be able to 'bid' for the best refs etc so that the 'better' refs are exposed to the more intense games more often.

One thing I do think that would help is if retired referees were brought in by clubs in a part-time capacity as a 'discipline coach' or something to help players/managers review previous games from a referees point of view.

The respect campaign was a joke :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Kev and Meskell: Err, why would I not blame Gardner when he was the one that injured Cesc in the first place? How have you failed so badly in logic? If you had read what I said and not just jumped down my throat, you would have read that Gardner wasn't to blame for the broken leg but he sure did contribute to it. In other words, if he wasn't hurt in the Birmingham game with a heavily bruised leg, then we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now. And no, I don't think there's a conspiracy against Arsenal. But thanks for assuming that anyway. :yy:

Wenger's risk may not have paid off by looking at the result, but by being a truly heroic captain, he inspired his team to carry on. You can blame Wenger for not sorting out his priorities in your opinion, but it was a risk he felt was worth it. And that's what matters at the end of the day.
    Nevermind, tbh, blame Gardner and not your medical staff.

If ignorance truly is bliss then you must be ******* ecstatic.

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind, tbh, blame Gardner and not your medical staff.

If ignorance truly is bliss then you must be ******* ecstatic.
    Why on earth would I blame the medical staff!?

"I am 100 per cent confident [that everything was done properly] and I checked that this morning with our medical team. There is no doubt about that. Medically we were clear... We had two independent doctors with X-rays who clarified that the bone was perfectly OK. It was a bruised bone but not broken before the Barcelona match." - Wenger

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ith-broken-leg

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as an elite referee that doesn't make mistakes

What they need is extra help in the way of video evidence either fed direct to the referee on a big scree or an additional person watching on the sideline (who feeds in with his view based on the video).

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.