Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    My heart is OK but my throat definitely isn't. Man Utd don't look like the same team without Rooney:mmm: but Chelsea seem very focused, hope the drop points soon.

I heard Newcastle has almost guaranteed promotion next year:woo: It was a sad day to see such a big team go down..pardon the cliche.
    Just need one more point from 6 games left before promotion is assured

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back, Joey Barton.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Watching the Barcelona match and they look quite dangerous even without both Xavi and Iniesta. Bojan scored a good goal

ReputationRep:
    Ibrahimovich injured in the warm-up for Barca.

No idea whether he'll make our game or not, but I've heard he's a doubt for the next two.

ReputationRep:
    *calf strain for Zlatan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Ibrahimovich injured in the warm-up for Barca.

No idea whether he'll make our game or not, but I've heard he's a doubt for the next two.
    Ouch - who'd be their next choice? They could play Messi down the middle and Pedro/Henry down the flanks, I guess? But whether they'd want the little man down there the whole game, I don't know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Ouch - who'd be their next choice? They could play Messi down the middle and Pedro/Henry down the flanks, I guess? But whether they'd want the little man down there the whole game, I don't know...
    Bojan, maybe. I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Bojan, maybe. I don't know.
    Has Bojan got the match experience for a game like this? I know I'd rather play something like Messi down the middle and Henry down the flank, or even Iniesta, than a relative rookie like Bojan.

Of course, Bojan has been playing in La Liga since he was about 14 so he's probably still quite "experienced"...but my point still stands :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is there any other reason people are assuming Wenger won't consider Silvestre for Barca other than he's ****?

I would rather play him and have Song in midfield tbh...

ReputationRep:
    ****! If Bojan starts I'm still going to be afraid, check out his goals against Bilbao today.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'll break his neck with a monkey wrench. HADDOUKEN! TAKE THAT YOU ******* **** NOW GTFO!

ReputationRep:
    Youve got to love Bendtner, although he is hopless most of time, he does score important goals

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else actually laugh out loud when they showed a replay of Eboue trying to score an open goal by back-heeling the ball, but failed miserably as the ball hit his standing leg instead? It was so good!

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Did anyone else actually laugh out loud when they showed a replay of Eboue trying to score an open goal by back-heeling the ball, but failed miserably as the ball hit his standing leg instead? It was so good!

Lmao yeah, but he was trying to pass it to Eddy, not score iirc. We really almost paid the price for pissing about today, seriously. So many **** ups that I'd be embarassed to make playing on the schoolyard, I'm not even joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

I wanted to, but it seemed more like a :facepalm2: moment.

Eboue has reverted back to the piss poor, flashy, crap player he was. Maybe another dosage of booage is needed for him to get his act together. We can't have him being a retard at this stage of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Youve got to love Bendtner, although he is hopless most of time, he does score important goals
    I'm certainly not tearing my face off like I was. Pretty pleased with him this year actually. After the RVP injury and his own time out I think he's done splendidly, by and large, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Song - Vermaelen is going to go horribly ******* wrong. Only Arsene would think it's a good idea to play Barcelona on their own patch without any CBs at all. Just because a DM and a libero stand in the vague area you'd expect a CB to be, doesn't make them CBs. FML.

My heart won't cope with this again in Barca, especially if they do what they did on Wednesday and have more shots than a Georgie lass on Freshers'. I have to get up in 4 and an half hours to go to the airport. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Song - Vermaelen is going to go horribly ******* wrong. Only Arsene would think it's a good idea to play Barcelona on their own patch without any CBs at all. Just because a DM and a libero stand in the vague area you'd expect a CB to be, doesn't make them CBs. FML.

My heart won't cope with this again in Barca, especially if they do what they did on Wednesday and have more shots than a Georgie lass on Freshers'. I have to get up in 4 and an half hours to go to the airport. FML.
    :lol:

Seriously though, Song will do fine as a CB. Half the games he played for Charlton while on loan were in that position. Some of the tackles he's made in the penalty box this season while playing CB have been incredible. Plus, there's no way Campbell would cope with the pace of Ibrahimovic and Messi. And it's Europe too, so he can't use his strength too much because the refs won't hesitate to book him/give free kicks/penalties if he barges them out.

Part of me wants to get knocked out of the Champions League so that we can focus on winning our remaing league games (much better chance of the league now). Anyone with me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    You seriously think we've got a better chance of the league? Genuinely I'm asking why you think that? Interested.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'm certainly not tearing my face off like I was. Pretty pleased with him this year actually. After the RVP injury and his own time out I think he's done splendidly, by and large, so yeah.
    I agree. He's stood up and contributed when it really mattered. As Wenger said today, he's really matured into a striker. Bendtner and van Persie as our main strikers for next season - I'm confident and looking forward to the goals! :yep:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.