Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No iniesta, toure, pique, puyol, ibrahimovic. Also cesc, arshavin, and gallas will be missing. Very fair in my opinion. :teeth: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if they're WUMing about Ibra and Yaya. Worried that they're lying ffs :facepalm2:

Still, the plan remains the same for us. Hold it together and play counterattack til half time, then spend the second half getting more forward-playing, introducing Theo etc. for the essential win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Still, the plan remains the same for us. Hold it together and play counterattack til half time, then spend the second half getting more forward-playing, introducing Theo etc. for the essential win.
    Indeed.

Can't ****in' wait for the game. I honestly don't know why I'm putting myself through this -- we'll probably be 4-0 down at HT. :facepalm2:

But I believe it can be done. Nasri needs to go ****in' mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Indeed.

Can't ****in' wait for the game. I honestly don't know why I'm putting myself through this -- we'll probably be 4-0 down at HT. :facepalm2:

But I believe it can be done. Nasri needs to go ****in' mental.
    I think Denilson is the key for us. I am not kidding at all. He needs to keep the ball, and Diaby/Nasri need to outdo their midfield. Once again, the central trio can win us the game, or condemn us to rape.

Only wish I was there...

ReputationRep:
    I think Nasri should be having a lot of chances at the first half at least. He doesn't seem to perform well at the end of the game, maybe he loses motivation I don't know. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I hope Wenger plays:

Almunia
    Sagna Verminator Campbell Clichy
    Song
    Eboue Denilson
    Nasri Diaby
    Bendtner

ReputationRep:
    Nasri, both offensively and defensively puts in an enormous shift as a central midfielder. I haven't seen stats, but would suggest he's in the top three for every CL game he starts in terms of ground covered (for Arsenal players I mean).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I think Denilson is the key for us. I am not kidding at all. He needs to keep the ball, and Diaby/Nasri need to outdo their midfield. Once again, the central trio can win us the game, or condemn us to rape.

Only wish I was there...
    Denilson had a good game. It's the type of opponent that suits him -- it's all about nicking the ball away and anticipating what will happen rather than a full-blown physical battle.

Denilson is not my favourite player and he's not many gooners' favourite either but he has an incredible opportunity to gain a reputation. As does everyone. No-one should need motivating for a game like this.

Getting a result would probably be our best individual result in a game for years. Possibly matching '89 Anfield in terms of how unlikely it is. No-one... no-one is giving us a hope in hell...and most (including myself) can understand why. But you just have to believe in the team after what happened in the first leg.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about that. We've had some excellent results in Europe in the past, and not so distant at that. But it would be utterly huge to beat them at the Nou Camp. I would give us a 25% chance to progress, right now.

ReputationRep:
    It's 90 minutes. It's one of those games where ANYTHING can happen. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidStunt)
    I hope Wenger plays:

Almunia
    Sagna Verminator Campbell Clichy
    Song
    Eboue Denilson
    Nasri Diaby
    Bendtner
    Would Wenger play Campbell in two games within 3 days? Doubt it, which means Song will play CM and we'll have a midfield of:

Nasri-Denilson-Diaby

Where Diaby will seriously need to pull up his socks, and look like he's playing for Arsenal against the best club in the world, ffs. :mad:

Personally, I'm worried about the lack of leadership on the pitch in such a monumental game.

ReputationRep:
    Including a massively embarrassing rape. We need to survive until they tire again then let Theo molest Maxwell. I know he's not the most clinical player, but he was absolutely tearing them apart last time. Put him against tired legs and eventually something will happen. A Verm-Song combination and Denilson worry me, as well as Messi turning up, but I have faith that we can pull off one of the greatest muggings of all time if it goes right. Don't think we will, but the faith is there nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time an English team beat Barca at their place? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Including a massively embarrassing rape. We need to survive until they tire again then let Theo molest Maxwell. I know he's not the most clinical player, but he was absolutely tearing them apart last time. Put him against tired legs and eventually something will happen. A Verm-Song combination and Denilson worry me, as well as Messi turning up, but I have faith that we can pull off one of the greatest muggings of all time if it goes right. Don't think we will, but the faith is there nonetheless.
    Yup.

And hang on, aren't you in Barcelona right now?

Nice to see you making the most of it by posting on TSR :facepalm2:

**** off!!

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    Dunno, but we get these types of scary, meaningless stats every time. "No English team has won in the San Siro for 4375984579347 years", "Porto have never been knocked out after winning the first leg" etc.

But yeah, obviously, it's going to be ****in' difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Thinking about it -- wasn't it when Asprilla scored a hat-trick for Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

And hang on, aren't you in Barcelona right now?

Nice to see you making the most of it by posting on TSR :facepalm2:

**** off!!
    Killing time til the pubcrawl tbh. :dry:

Off now, bai! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Killing time til the pubcrawl tbh. :dry:

Off now, bai! :yep:
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it -- wasn't it when Asprilla scored a hat-trick for Newcastle?
    I have absolutely no idea tbph. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool did it a couple of years ago i think...

ReputationRep:
    Abidal will be playing at LB this time. He played at the weekend and he's ready. Maxwell played in midfield, mind, but I don't think he'll play against Arsenal.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.