Armand Traore
    Emmanuel Eboue
    Gael Clichy
    Bacary Sagna
    Thomas Vermaelen
    Sol Campbell
    Mikael Silvestre
    :toofunny:

That's not a squad fit to take on Barcelona in the European Cup Quarter-Final. That's barely a squad fit to take on Stockport in the Carling Cup.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I really have a weird feeling about this game. I'm hoping the face of adversity really sends something ringing home to this squad :erm:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: This is bad.

ReputationRep:
    There's only so much you can overcome.

Just abort the ****in' mission.

ReputationRep:
    Keep The Faith :arsenal:

I'm sure Jizzali is due a visit anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a Sol-Verminator partnership then, for the love of God not Silvestre Wenger!

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored and this barca game is bugging me!

Starting Line-Up vs Barca (Prediction)...

Almunia
    Sagna---Campbell---Vermaelen---Clichy
    Denilson---Nasri---Diaby
    Walcott---Bendtner---Rosicky

Subs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Traore, Eastmond, Merida, Eboue, Eduardo.

Reckon Walcott's gonna be starting simply on the threat last week, although he had an inconsistent game vs Wolves. Silvestre in for Campbell if he's unfit.

ReputationRep:
    One does not simply walk into Camp Nou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    There's only so much you can overcome.

Just abort the ****in' mission.

Can we abandon the game for a few weeks through self-inflicted food poisoning? At least we'll get Song back by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Can we abandon the game for a few weeks through self-inflicted food poisoning? At least we'll get Song back by then.
    We can try, but either way we'll be covered in s***.

ReputationRep:
    We are so screwed. :cry2: :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Stinks of pessimism in here!!

ReputationRep:
    Song is the final straw unfortunately. Too many big players for us that are missing. My sig is almost obsolete fgs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Song is the final straw unfortunately. Too many big players for us that are missing. My sig is almost obsolete fgs...

Van Persie, fabregas, Arshavin, Song and Gallas. That's almost half of our starting eleven. I Still think we can do it and hopefully do it well.

I'll do my routine check-up on Barcelona and their injury/suspension list later to get the bigger picture before I predict anything though, I just hope we don't start Walcott because then we don't have anyone on the bench worthy of mention except Eduardo and Eboue and they're not exactly capable of changing matches are they?

ReputationRep:
    Bendther

Clichy Nasri Diaby Eboue
    Denilson

Traore Verm Sol Sagna

Almunia

could stabilise the midfield a bit and Clichy did look ok going forward last time

ReputationRep:
    Sol cannot manage 2 games in 4 days, it's tweety pie at CB imo :facepalm2:

We can't play Traore at LB, he made crucial mistakes vs Everton and other mid table Prem. teams, against Barca he would cost us the match.

Imo it'll be this:

--------------Almunia---------------
    --Sagna--Silvestre-Vermaelen--Clichy
    ---------Diaby----Denilson----------
    --------------Nasri-----------------
    --Eboue------Bendtner------Rosicky

ReputationRep:
    Please not tweety pie!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I'm not going to go into this too much because it will get me in trouble but what I will say is that locals who go to matches and actually support their team (as opposed to some of the "arsenal fans" who have got a season ticket because it's fashionable :mad:) can never be considered less of a fan than someone from say china.

IMO local fans who actually care for the club should always be given priority over the international fans (hence the membership scheme at Arsenal).

I wouldn't call you a fake fan but what I would say is that a lot of the passion of supporting Barcelona is far more than football than what you can ever understand as a foreigner. The whole of FCB is entwined with catalan history as I'm sure you know it was the only place they could speak their language under General Franco. Therefore IMO you could never be a Barca fan to the level of a local Catalan especially those older than 30ish. Mes que un club and all that.

Where are you originally from though? Because I know if I lived in a country where the quality of football was ***** I'd definitely support a foreign team (or not at all). I tried watching a non league game before and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, the quality was just so bad!
    No arguments with that at all. I'm obviously never going to have the same emotions or ties with the clubs like the Catalans so that's a fair point.

I'm from Sweden, and if you ever go there you will soon realise that although everyone supports their local team you they all have a foreign team they support. EPL being the most popular league to follow.

ReputationRep:
    No Song? FML.

What is the point going just to get ourselves embarrassed on the verge of tears. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Last week I was hopeful that we could cause an upset in the return leg, however with the new injuries to Arsenal's only defensive midfielder in Song and the news that Sol Campbell is a doubt for the game, I'm unsure as to what we will achieve tomorrow.

With our attacking and creative spark gone, we need to score a minimum of two goals. But we'll also need the ball to do that, and to win the ball back. With Silvestre now the most probable candidate to start, I don't know how we'll cope with the pace of Barca's attack.

To beat Barca at their turf is no easy task. To do it with 5 of your first 11 missing is a call for destiny; we either get humiliated tomorrow or we give one of the most memorable performances ever seen in the Champions League.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.