Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    This isn't WUM, this is reality. :shh:

Your best chance to avoid heavy defeat is to play Silvestre rather than Campbell.
    Possible reality was your first sentence. The second was unneccessary :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Is the pitch even wide enough? How about we form a player barrier around the ball? By that I mean Diaby in the middle with the ball and with the rest of the team around him in a circle, holding hands and resisting tackles from the opposition. The ball is carried all the way to the Barca goal and somehow we score. This situation is deluding me.
    Epic. Situations like these could do with revolutionary measures. New ideas; player barriers, maybe continual piggybacking in the box for insurmountable height, reverting to oldstyle 2-3-5 formation, Almunia play as sweeper etc.

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao @ this thread. Good luck, guys.

ReputationRep:
    Fist time posting on this thread! Didn't even know it existed. Bad news that about Song however now the starting line-up should be:

Almunia
    Sagna Vermaelen Silvestre Clichy
    Diaby (Was quite woeful in first leg)

Rosicky Nasri Eboue
    Bendtner

Bench: Walcott, Eduardo, Fabianski, Vela.

Hopefully we can avoid a thrashing and hold for a draw, maybe win, yes a draw (unless more than 2-2) will knock us out but it'll show our fighting spirit and hopefully give us a boost for the league.

ReputationRep:
    You truly are ****** now that Song is out, it has to be sad. Just smile that you got to play against them.
    And based on what do you make that assumption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Epic. Situations like these could do with revolutionary measures. New ideas; player barriers, maybe continual piggybacking in the box for insurmountable height, reverting to oldstyle 2-3-5 formation, Almunia play as sweeper etc.
    If Diaby piggybacks Bendtner Barca are sunk.

ReputationRep:
    Is the pitch even wide enough? How about we form a player barrier around the ball? By that I mean Diaby in the middle with the ball and with the rest of the team around him in a circle, holding hands and resisting tackles from the opposition. The ball is carried all the way to the Barca goal and somehow we score. This situation is deluding me.
    That would be awesome. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Something must be going wrong, either the Arsenal medical team are WAY too scared and say every single tiny bump is too much for them too play or our players just aren't sportsman, how many ******* injuries have there been this season, its absolutly ******* ridiculous :/ **** SAKE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    And based on what do you make that assumption?
    Based on these facts:

a) that you'll be missing so many key players
    b) Arsenal don't know how to defend anyway, even with the squad fully fit
    c) Barcelona know how to defend and attack because they recognise that defence is important, too.
    d) it's at the Nou Camp. Barcelona's movement is unstoppable against a team wide open like Arsenal

but most importantly e) if Campbell plays, it is going to be murder. I am not ******** you. I promise you it will be murder if he plays.

ReputationRep:
    Could we get some Stoke players on loan and GEL them up a bit?

ReputationRep:
    Based on these facts:

c) Barcelona know how to defend and attack because they recognise that defence is important, too.
    d) it's at the Nou Camp. Barcelona's movement is unstoppable against a team wide open like Arsenal

but most importantly e) if Campbell plays, it is going to be murder. I am not ******** you. I promise you it will be murder if he plays.
    Campbell won't be exploited any more than the whole Barca defence will be by Walcott's pace and Nasri (on a good day )

ReputationRep:
    Campbell is going to make Bojan cry.

ReputationRep:
    I say we get a 1 -0 lead . Then in the panic , sub in Walcott and take a 2 - 0 lead. Then revert to a 10-0-0 formation lol

ReputationRep:
    Based on these facts:

(a) True we are missing quite a few key players, in fact nearly the whole squad however this doesn't mean that the current starting 11 don't posses quality, they do but they are definately not consistent.
    (b) Not really we've only conceded less goals in the league against Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs so really the defence is quite decent but sometimes they let in too many, if that is going to be the case against Barca I dont know.
    (c) Spot on, can't say much, Pique and Puyol are out however they've got excellent cover in Marquez and Toure (He is a doubt though).
    (d) Don't forget that Barca are wide as well and Chelsea completely nullified them last year at Nou Camp, Arsenal CAN try the same tactics, however they won't/can't.

ReputationRep:
    (b) Not really we've only conceded less goals in the league against Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs so really the defence is quite decent but sometimes they let in too many, if that is going to be the case against Barca I dont know.

Unfortunately Liverpool and Villa have also conceded fewer goals than us in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Unfortunately Liverpool and Villa have also conceded fewer goals than us in the PL.
    Oh yeah Villa have conceded 9 few goals than us! However Liverpool have conceded the same amount as us. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Could we not have gotten Senderos back from his loan at Everton? I think there are clauses which allow clubs to do that in an "emergency", no?

ReputationRep:
    Could we not have gotten Senderos back from his loan at Everton? I think there are clauses which allow clubs to do that in an "emergency", no?
    It's not really an emergency since you still have at least three first team central defenders available to choose from.

Plus, does the emergency rule not count only to goalkeepers?

ReputationRep:
    lol at all the suggestions! Well, if we go out, we go out to the best team in the world. No shame in that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah Villa have conceded 9 few goals than us! However Liverpool have conceded the same amount as us. :eek3:
    Liverpool have conceded 1 fewer goal than us.

[/pedant]

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.