The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rosicky 50:50 to play

sndgfaubgvjbgvkbfkakj\sdvbgjnv!!!!! God is a spurs supporter I swear :/
toby_ling
Do you think we'll rape Barca on their own turf without half of the first team players and go through with them having 2 away goals already?

Not really
, but I know if it was my team and it was Barca Vs Man Utd at 2-2, I'd still be believing we could get the job done.

Some years ago, I think it was between Deportivo and Milan

Deportivo Lost 5-1 to Milan, Away

then beat them 4-0 at home, after that result anything is possible..
Barça
You're figures are wrong.

Ibrahimovic- £40m
Maxwell - £3.9m
Chygrinsky- £22m

Total 09/10: £65.9m

Alves - £34m
Keita - £12m
Pinto- £400k
Hleb- £15m
Caceres- £14.5

Total 08/09 : £73.9 m

Henry- £21m
Toure - £7.9m
Abidal - £13.6m
Milito - £13.9m

Total 07/08: £56.4m

Gudjohnsen: £10.5m
Zambrotta: £12m
Thuram: £5m

Total 06/07: £27.5m

Total: £223.7m

So it would be 24.5% :wink:

Not much of a difference, but I'll set the record straight...

For 2009/10, you're missing out Keirrison, the sensation that never was, who is now on loan somewhere in Sudan. He cost them ~ £13m, which brings the estimated total up to my rashly calculated £82m.

For 2008/09, Henrique and Pique have been missed out. That brings it up to my total.

For 2007/08, estimates are about the same.

For 2006/07, they're the same.

So, to conclude, Arsenal have done great given the circumstances of moving into a massive new stadium, and praise be to Arsene Wenger for keeping us a top, top club. And if you ask anyone why Barca have been so successful recently - they're going to point to the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, the other big money signings have just been part of the catalyst.
Respect4Acting

Not really
, but I know if it was my team and it was Barca Vs Man Utd at 2-2, I'd still be believing we could get the job done.

Some years ago, I think it was between Deportivo and Milan

Deportivo Lost 5-1 to Milan, Away

then beat them 4-0 at home, after that result anything is possible..

Being an Arsenal fan, you learn to never give up hope. But this time, just about EVERYTHING is going against us. I'm not saying we're going to lose for sure, but just that if we lose - so what? We lost against the best and had a ******* blast along the way.
Reply 8424
toby_ling
Not much of a difference, but I'll set the record straight...

For 2009/10, you're missing out Keirrison, the sensation that never was, who is now on loan somewhere in Sudan. He cost them ~ £13m, which brings the estimated total up to my rashly calculated £82m.

For 2008/09, Henrique and Pique have been missed out. That brings it up to my total.

For 2007/08, estimates are about the same.

For 2006/07, they're the same.

So, to conclude, Arsenal have done great given the circumstances of moving into a massive new stadium, and praise be to Arsene Wenger for keeping us a top, top club. And if you ask anyone why Barca have been so successful recently - they're going to point to the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, the other big money signings have just been part of the catalyst.

No you're right, I forgot those players.
Harry-AA
Rosicky 50:50 to play

sndgfaubgvjbgvkbfkakj\sdvbgjnv!!!!! God is a spurs supporter I swear :/

you've got to be joking me:facepalm:

where did you here this from?
Reply 8426
Barça
No you're right, I forgot those players.
Also forgot to include Eto'o, whose fair value in the market was easily around 25m.

The Rosicky news... no way. Just no way. If he's out, then we start with Vela on a wing... or Traore?!?

He did well for Pompy there... but it'd be insanely bizarre.
Well...he does have pace.

:colonhash:
m:)ckel
Well...he does have pace.

:colonhash:

Eboue RB, Walcott RW
Clichy LB, Troare LW

Nasri to launch the ball towards the corner flag, and these guys to go and chase it down, and cross for Bendtner to nod in.

****in' hell, we're such a pub team. :facepalm2:
Overmars
Eboue RB, Walcott RW
Clichy LB, Troare LW

Nasri to launch the ball towards the corner flag, and these guys to go and chase it down, and cross for Bendtner to nod in.

****in' hell, we're such a pub team. :facepalm2:

I thought violence was the answer? :erm:
Might as well go one better and have Almunia punting it downfield.
Reply 8431
RobbieC
Also forgot to include Eto'o, whose fair value in the market was easily around 25m.

The Rosicky news... no way. Just no way. If he's out, then we start with Vela on a wing... or Traore?!?

Considering he was out of contract his value was zilch. It's incredible how many people that have failed to realise this.
Reply 8432
Some questions if anyone can help me regarding the emirates stadium tour...

- Is it any good?
- What are the gift voucer e-tickets like? Are they just a confirmation email or atleast have something fancy on them
- What sort of envelope do the paper vouchers come in? Do they have a big **** off arsenal logo on the envelope?

As you may have guessed am thinking of getting two tickets to tour as a gift but don't want it to look to scrappy and dont want to give it away in the post! Ta
Reply 8433
Barça
Considering he was out of contract his value was zilch. It's incredible how many people that have failed to realise this.

Didn't he have one year left on his contract? I'm sure Barca could of gotten at least 10m for him, or if City had of gotten involved 20m (not saying he would of went there, but just as a bargaining tool).
If Arsenal win tomorrow, considering the ridiculous injury problems, it will be a monumental win. To beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp with good attacking players out (like Fabregas and Rosicky) and good defensive players out (Gallas, Song) would be brilliant.
RobbieC

What about Eboue over there? He's played left (LB) before and he'll probably offer more protection to Clichy. Especially since Sagna at CB looks increasingly unlikely.
Reply 8436
Rosicky is 50-50, apparently, which means he's actually dead/in a coma/under a collapsed, burning mineshift/swallowed a nuclear charge.

He'll be dead soon.

I will genuinely roffle at whatever mess we throw onto the field tomorrow.

Vela to prove a hero?

We should play some ridiculous pub formation:

Almunia
Eboue Sagna Sylvestre Campbell Vermaelen Clichy
Diaby Nasri
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Walcott ---------------Bendtner

Ffs :facepalm2:
Reply 8437
meskell
Didn't he have one year left on his contract? I'm sure Barca could of gotten at least 10m for him, or if City had of gotten involved 20m (not saying he would of went there, but just as a bargaining tool).

Nope, that was his last year of contract. Didn't sign the new offered contract (same terms) which made it obvious that he wanted to leave on free, that way he can negotiate a fat wage pack. We desperately tried to flog him of the City but Eto'o declined.
Stu Laverty
If Arsenal win tomorrow, considering the ridiculous injury problems, it will be a monumental win. To beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp with good attacking players out (like Fabregas and Rosicky) and good defensive players out (Gallas, Song) would be brilliant.

Sorry, just had to!:biggrin: You do sound like Sherringham, stating the bleeding obvious.
In2deep
you've got to be joking me:facepalm:

where did you here this from?

this is getting beyond a ******* joke literally how many first XI will be playing? 3? 4?

Latest