Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    What about Eboue over there? He's played left (LB) before and he'll probably offer more protection to Clichy. Especially since Sagna at CB looks increasingly unlikely.
    I haven't even checked... was Clichy fit? Probably not... probably in pieces on a life support machine somewhere ffs.

What the hell is going on?! We are a mess.

I think that with fullbacks being all we have in abundance, we should use them in their optimal positions.

In all seriousness:

Almunia
    Eboue Sagna Vermaelen Clichy
    Denilson Diaby
    Nasri
    Walcott Bendtner Rosicky

ReputationRep:
    What's more Clichy and Diaby are both one booking away from a ban :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm I the only one that feels that all these injury woes point to some sort of disgustingly epic win by Arsenal? Some sort of destiny crap where they pull everything out of the bag? I'd be massively destroyed by such WUM, don't know if I could take it :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Rosicky is 50-50, apparently, which means he's actually dead/in a coma/under a collapsed, burning mineshift/swallowed a nuclear charge.

He'll be dead soon.

I will genuinely roffle at whatever mess we throw onto the field tomorrow.

Vela to prove a hero?

We should play some ridiculous pub formation:

Almunia
    Eboue Sagna Sylvestre Campbell Vermaelen Clichy
    Diaby Nasri
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Walcott ---------------Bendtner

Ffs :facepalm2:
    I like this formation got Arsenes email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I haven't even checked... was Clichy fit? Probably not... probably in pieces on a life support machine somewhere ffs.

What the hell is going on?! We are a mess.

I think that with fullbacks being all we have in abundance, we should use them in their optimal positions.

In all seriousness:

Almunia
    Eboue Sagna Vermaelen Clichy
    Denilson Diaby
    Nasri
    Walcott Bendtner Rosicky
    That's our best line-up, if Rosicky is fit, but I'm dreading Silvestre playing at CB. Seriously, we might as well rest players for the Spurs game.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle381949.html

Even Campbell is an injury gamble with a tight hamstring...

ReputationRep:

Sorry, just had to! You do sound like Sherringham, stating the bleeding obvious.
    I know :p: I don't think it should be understated how massive it would be.

Although Barca makes a good point about this being your typical "English team Fighting Spirit" performance by Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I'm I the only one that feels that all these injury woes point to some sort of disgustingly epic win by Arsenal? Some sort of destiny crap where they pull everything out of the bag? I'd be massively destroyed by such WUM, don't know if I could take it :facepalm2:
    Like a last minute Campbell winner? And he "accidentally" takes out Dani Alves in his air punching celebrations?

Which kit we in?

Sol's a gooner!

ReputationRep:
    We aren't English ffs. :facepalm2:

I can see some embarrassing no-fear, all-grit battling win though. I am going to be sick everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Like a last minute Campbell winner? And he "accidentally" takes out Dani Alves in his air punching celebrations?

Which kit we in?

Sol's a gooner!
    We'll be in our white 3rd kit.

ReputationRep:
    Just how nuts would you go if Bendtner scores a late late header to secure a win like at the weekend?
    Or if Nasri went on a mazy run through the Barca defence to slot home past Valdes?
    Or if Denilson scores another of his screamers?
    Or Sol to come on and score from the last corner of the game?

They're all possible! I'm dreaminggg I hope Barca underestimate the difficulty of the match and play like they did at the end of the first leg

ReputationRep:
    I would pick Vela to play if Rosicky is out, he's comfortable in the fluid-passing game that we'll need to beat barca and he knows spanish football... I doubt Wenger will start him though

ReputationRep:
    It would be quite funny if Arsenal won in Stoke-esque fashion by putting everyone bar Bentdner in their own half and having Almunia lump long balls to him, only for Bentdner to get one in like Dossena against Man Utd last season.

ReputationRep:
    If we lose Rosicky the only creative midfielder we will have left is Nasri. We need Rosicky to be fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Just how nuts would you go if Bendtner scores a late late header to secure a win like at the weekend?
    Or if Nasri went on a mazy run through the Barca defence to slot home past Valdes?
    Or if Denilson scores another of his screamers?
    Or Sol to come on and score from the last corner of the game?

They're all possible! I'm dreaminggg I hope Barca underestimate the difficulty of the match and play like they did at the end of the first leg
    :sogood:

I'll take any.

ReputationRep:
    Vela hasn't travelled btw. There's no chance of him playing tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    If we lose Rosicky the only creative midfielder we will have left is Nasri. We need Rosicky to be fit.
    Rosicky needs to prove himself and now is his best chance, to try and securing a starting spot in the squad he needs to remind us what he can do and I'm hoping this will drive him on to play tomorrow :/

ReputationRep:
    I wonder who the **** is the in the squad..

Traore? :gah:

Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Vela hasn't travelled btw. There's no chance of him playing tomorrow.
    Barcelona is only a couple of hours away on easyjet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Barcelona is only a couple of hours away on easyjet.
    I'm not sure if you're allowed to change the squad once you've named it. He wasn't on the list. Must be an injury that has kept him out because I'm sure he would've travelled otherwise.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.