Quality not quantity in the Chelsea thread. :cool:
    I did not say anything about quality or quantity :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I did not say anything about quality or quantity :no:
    I know, I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Yes, I doubt we can recall him, just he is a player we could do with now that's on loan, not that he's a possible option
    come back to TSR for the wum later tonight? rofl, how you're still in the tie beats me. Anyway, let's hope for a repeat of last week and a very entertaining game.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else apart from MM going to the game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I think Panthalic is.... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Don't be silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Yep about 4599 other gooners :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    We made Barca look good in the 1st leg, the difference was that they closed us down and we didn't pressure them. Still, to play for a 1-0 tonight would be dangerous, I think we would be better off going for it from the off. As weak as our team will be, there's isn't that great either.

I hope Sol makes it, I doubt Arsene will risk Rosicky given his injury record. I wonder about the option of playing Merida on the left. He'd offer more width than Eboue/Walcott. Would like to see Walcott start on the right.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here confident enough to think we will beat Barca? Due to too many injuries I am doubting our chances :sad: but then again, I'm a pessimist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Anyone here confident enough to think we will beat Barca? Due to too many injuries I am doubting our chances :sad: but then again, I'm a pessimist.
    No.

Pretty sure all Arsenal fans would LIKE to win, and are hoping they do so.

But most realise it's very, very unlikely.

Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    No.

Pretty sure all Arsenal fans would LIKE to win, and are hoping they do so.

But most realise it's very, very unlikely.

Good luck though!
    Thanks we will need that luck. Football is unpredictable so lets hope for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    We made Barca look good in the 1st leg, the difference was that they closed us down and we didn't pressure them. Still, to play for a 1-0 tonight would be dangerous, I think we would be better off going for it from the off. As weak as our team will be, there's isn't that great either.
    I hope Sol makes it, I doubt Arsene will risk Rosicky given his injury record. I wonder about the option of playing Merida on the left. He'd offer more width than Eboue/Walcott. Would like to see Walcott start on the right.
    Arsenal could play their full strenght team tonight and they'd still struggle with the team Barca will put out tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Arsenal could play their full strenght team tonight and they'd still struggle with the team Barca will put out tbh.
    :ditto:

But when Arsenal get outplayed/lose to a top side it's always because they made them look good.

ReputationRep:
    Very excited for this match.

Incidentally, random fact, apparently Theo can do the 100m in about 10.3 seconds. That's insanely quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Debatable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobydch)
    Team for tonight?
    I think maybe:

Bendtner
    Rosicky, Nasri, Walcott/Eboue
    Diaby, Denilson
    Clichy, Vermaelen, Campbell, Sagna
    Almunia

I'd personally go with Eboue as I think he's more careful in possession and Arsenal can't afford to give the ball to Barcelona cheaply as it's so hard to get it back! Walcott to come on as an impact sub later in the game. Campbell worries me but just get's the nod ahead of Silvestre. The absence of Song is the most damaging of the injuries I feel (even more so than Fabregas) since there is no clear replacement (as Nasri can do well for Fabregas I feel). So big night for Diaby, he needs to stay disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised Shawcross hasn't shown up yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Very excited for this match.

Incidentally, random fact, apparently Theo can do the 100m in about 10.3 seconds. That's insanely quick!
    Good fact. Is he the quickest footballer around do people reckon? I remember hearing Dennis Rhommedahl could do around 10 secs - few years back though, obviously. We had a player at Sheff United called Luton Shelton who looked close to that sort of speed. I can't think of any Premiership players who are quite on his level, even the likes of Lennon seem that bit slower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnw1)
    Good fact. Is he the quickest footballer around do people reckon? I remember hearing Dennis Rhommedahl could do around 10 secs - few years back though, obviously. We had a player at Sheff United called Luton Shelton who looked close to that sort of speed. I can't think of any Premiership players who are quite on his level, even the likes of Lennon seem that bit slower.
    Probably the quickest in the EPL aye from what I've seen. The likes of Lennon are shorter so they fade in a 100m.

Mcgeady in the SPL is very quick but not quite Walcott pace imo. Messi also has incredible pace, but nowhere near the same.

I have a very quick 30-40 metre dash, but because I'm a short arse I fade badly over longer distances :p:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.