Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Probably the quickest in the EPL aye from what I've seen. The likes of Lennon are shorter so they fade in a 100m.

Mcgeady in the SPL is very quick but not quite Walcott pace imo. Messi also has incredible pace, but nowhere near the same.

I have a very quick 30-40 metre dash, but because I'm a short arse I fade badly over longer distances :p:
    I think Messi has a good mix of explosive speed and good agility when it comes to very very short distances. While Walcott can go fast for quite long (20 metres+ let's say). The're both fast in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    I think Messi has a good mix of explosive speed and good agility when it comes to very very short distances. While Walcott can go fast for quite long (20 metres+ let's say). The're both fast in different ways.
    Yeah, spot on. Short sprints and long sprints are two different things and usually different people are better at one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    At least I can watch the Inter match and then the Arsenal one

ReputationRep:
    deffo wanna see u lot win 2nite
    gettin much bettah u lot jus need more long balls to Nicky Bender
    ******* hoof it up to Bender then get ur nearest lad to pile in
    GET THE BUGGERS TURNIN
    MAKE IT ******* QUICK
    MAKE IT ******* ACCURATE
    JUST **** IT

Soul Cumbell is gd
    jst make sure he turbo charges his zimmaframe this time ahahahaha

(Original post by sandeep90)
    Surprised Shawcross hasn't shown up yet.
    aha sundeep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Probably the quickest in the EPL aye from what I've seen. The likes of Lennon are shorter so they fade in a 100m.

Mcgeady in the SPL is very quick but not quite Walcott pace imo. Messi also has incredible pace, but nowhere near the same.

I have a very quick 30-40 metre dash, but because I'm a short arse I fade badly over longer distances :p:
    Yeah good point. I'm thinking pace over short distances is more likely to be useful in football players, especially for attacking players. Maybe full backs would benefit from greater power to keep top speed over slightly longer distances to get up and down the pitch... Clearly players like Clichy, Evra etc are no slouches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    GET THE BUGGERS TURNIN
    MAKE IT ******* QUICK
    MAKE IT ******* ACCURATE
    JUST **** IT

Soul Cumbell is gd

aha sundeep

We could use you in the defence tonight Shawcrossy, rough them up a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnw1)
    I think maybe:

Bendtner
    Rosicky, Nasri, Walcott/Eboue
    Diaby, Denilson
    Clichy, Vermaelen, Campbell, Sagna
    Almunia

I'd personally go with Eboue as I think he's more careful in possession and Arsenal can't afford to give the ball to Barcelona cheaply as it's so hard to get it back! Walcott to come on as an impact sub later in the game. Campbell worries me but just get's the nod ahead of Silvestre. The absence of Song is the most damaging of the injuries I feel (even more so than Fabregas) since there is no clear replacement (as Nasri can do well for Fabregas I feel). So big night for Diaby, he needs to stay disciplined.
    I would not play Diaby at all. On his night he is a sensational player but his night only seems to come around against Sunderlands and Blackburns. So i would put eboue in the centre in his place. He is a little more agile and can close down quicker and a better defender. But, crucially he has a great enthusiasm and ability to carry the ball and get from box to box very quickly without the ball which could be important on a night like tonight. Also experienced at defending in wide areas i.e barca full-backs

He also has the knack of 'drawing' fouls.

We definitely cannot afford to have a sluggish Diaby mopping about in midfield.

Bendtner

Rosicky Nasri Walcott

Denilson Eboue

clichy Verm Campbell Sagna

Rosicky, Nasri and Denilson (denny to an extent) I trust to keep the ball. This balanced with the directness of eboue, walcott and the full-backs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good point. I'm thinking pace over short distances is more likely to be useful in football players, especially for attacking players. Maybe full backs would benefit from greater power to keep top speed over slightly longer distances to get up and down the pitch... Clearly players like Clichy, Evra etc are no slouches.
    Absolutely right. Look at Ronaldo (original), he had incredible pace over a short distance, it's devastating for an attacker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    GET THE BUGGERS TURNIN
    MAKE IT ******* QUICK
    MAKE IT ******* ACCURATE
    JUST **** IT

Soul Cumbell is gd

aha sundeep
    I am going to find out who you are sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    I would not play Diaby at all. On his night he is a sensational player but his night only seems to come around against Sunderlands and Blackburns. So i would put eboue in the centre in his place. He is a little more agile and can close down quicker and a better defender. But, crucially he has a great enthusiasm and ability to carry the ball and get from box to box very quickly without the ball which could be important on a night like tonight. Also experienced at defending in wide areas i.e barca full-backs

He also has the knack of 'drawing' fouls.

We definitely cannot afford to have a sluggish Diaby mopping about in midfield.

Bendtner

Rosicky Nasri Walcott

Denilson Eboue

clichy Verm Campbell Sagna

Rosicky, Nasri and Denilson (denny to an extent) I trust to keep the ball. This balanced with the directness of eboue, walcott and the full-backs
    Agree with your assessment of Eboue's qualities. He's an underrated player in my opinion. But I don't remember having seen him play central midfield before... May be a bit of a risk if that's the case. I still think Diaby's power could be invaluable but as you say he's inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    We're gonna get fully ****ed.

Up the bum.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner - Eduardo
    Nasri -------------------- Walcott
    Denilson - Diaby -
    Clichy - Vermaelen - Sagna - Eboue

Go on, Wenger. You know you want to.

(Someone else mentioned Sagna at CB earlier. Good idea.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    We're gonna get fully ****ed.

Up the bum.
    I don't think so. We have nothing to lose. If we do them in the first 15 their fans will get on their back. its the kind of fans they are. It will not be easy for barca to recover.

Just think of the space walcott has to run around in with such a colossal pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Bendtner - Eduardo
    Nasri -------------------- Walcott
    Denilson - Diaby -
    Clichy - Vermaelen - Sagna - Eboue

Go on, Wenger. You know you want to.

(Someone else mentioned Sagna at CB earlier. Good idea.)
    :hmmm: sagna at CB :hmmm: I... like. I like :yep:

great shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    My preview of the game is up: http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/ :yy:
    Jheez well done. That's some fine piece of writing there :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)

We could use you in the defence tonight Shawcrossy, rough them up a bit!
    aha our time will *** in 2 years when TP leeds us to the champs league final wear we belong
    sleeping monster is Stoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Some questions if anyone can help me regarding the emirates stadium tour...

- Is it any good?
    - What are the gift voucer e-tickets like? Are they just a confirmation email or atleast have something fancy on them
    - What sort of envelope do the paper vouchers come in? Do they have a big **** off arsenal logo on the envelope?

As you may have guessed am thinking of getting two tickets to tour as a gift but don't want it to look to scrappy and dont want to give it away in the post! Ta
    Anyone? I know you guys have some tin pot trophy and some unkown team from the depths of Spain to play tonight but any help appreciated from anyone who knows. Cheers fellas

ReputationRep:
    Come on, Barca!

ReputationRep:
    Good fact. Is he the quickest footballer around do people reckon? I remember hearing Dennis Rhommedahl could do around 10 secs - few years back though, obviously. We had a player at Sheff United called Luton Shelton who looked close to that sort of speed. I can't think of any Premiership players who are quite on his level, even the likes of Lennon seem that bit slower.
    There's this guy called Joffre Dinamita Guerron who is insanely fast, he looks faster than Theo I reckon. Check this out.

ReputationRep:
    so i just put £25 on Arsenal to do the impossible, cmon you gunners :sexface:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.