Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With such a good team, why do they need to buy the ref? Covering all bases I suppose. Professionalism in the modern sense.

Still, **** it. We aren't done yet. You never know.

ReputationRep:
    Barca players dive/exaggerate a lot. We do too, but not that much.

ReputationRep:
    4-4 draw..arsenal to go through...messi to score another..and then we reply with 3 of our own..scouse style..:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Why didn't Real Madrid just go for Messi (buy out clause £120m) instead of the trio of Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema.
    A) Learn what a buy-out clause usually is

B) Don't know much about Spanish football huh?

ReputationRep:
    As Drogba would say:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Young Economist)
    If a club meets the players buyout clause does that mean its a 'definite' transfer or can the player/selling club refuse?
    They can refuse and go higher, but how high would they go? There's still a point where £150m becomes tempting. You could buy the whole Arsenal squad for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    No, he's not, he's a diving, cheating *******. Never even a foul by Denilson, let alone a booking for Messi's rolling about.

Most of them aren't fouls - Barca have many divers.

2 goals to win - come on Arsenal!

PS: And Messi's 2nd are 3rd goals were easy - I would have been disappointed to miss those chances playing for my college 3rd team.
    lol barcelona have very few divers (admittedly busquets and dani alvez but that is it)

the foul on messi was an obvious foul it was easy to see he caught him with his studs up even with your arsenal goggles on

its funny how none of the arsenal fans noticed the foul just before bendtners goal

ReputationRep:
    Barca players dive/exaggerate a lot. We do too, but not that much.
    Marquez really annoyed me earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    you know..it wouldnt begrudge me if diaby took a massive whack out of messi to leave with with a n injury..not a big one..just slight to get him off the pitch..
    If i was in Barca i would do it myself!

ReputationRep:
    They can refuse and go higher, but how high would they go? There's still a point where £150m becomes tempting. You could buy the whole Arsenal squad for that!
    ok cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    No, he's not, he's a diving, cheating *******. Never even a foul by Denilson, let alone a booking for Messi's rolling about.
    Are you ******* serious ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    A) Learn what a buy-out clause usually is

B) Don't know much about Spanish football huh?
    Sorry, I meant higher than the buy out clause in his contract (thought I made it obvious enough). Wouldn't Barca be tempted to sell him for that much money?

ReputationRep:
    Well at least now there is no pressure on us. Just keep working hard and try and score. Rather that than holding a lead then losing it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that, or he's just not confident on the ball against the mighty Barca. Who else do we have? Merida?
    **** knows.

ReputationRep:
    Messsssiiiii
    38 Goals last season, hes already on 38 goals this season...too much!

ReputationRep:
    Well at least the second half can't be any worse than the first :p:

ReputationRep:
    messi is showing tekkers....when arsenal scored the first one, i thought maybe they could pull it off....but naa not not more

ReputationRep:
    The Arsenal fans moaning about players reactions to tackles :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    wheres diaby been.....we need more control in midfield......easier said than done tho

ReputationRep:
    it's just so beautiful

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.