Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Once again, Wenger pays the price for failing to play any other style than 'all out attack'.
    So we should depend on silvestre to stop there attack? What nonsense. Diaby and Denilson were both very good at breaking up the play especially considering neither are true defensive midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    a shambolic team that was outclassed in every respect. good luck winning the title without fabregas.
    It was a squad that would have given Chelsea a run for their money, can hardly say it was a poor performance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Yeah, but you had a team last week

We didn't have a team to even crumble tbh :no:
    I did also apologise in advance in TDR. :kiss2:

ReputationRep:
    a shambolic team that was outclassed in every respect.
    (No, just no) Which is what makes the Barca victory at SB last season even more delicious. Second best and shambolic for all of the game and then BAM they hit you and run away with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Everyone forgets that we had 5 out of our starting 11 missing plus our main back up players; I would like to see Barca beat us with that many players missing
    They had at least four missing too. Are you that short-sighted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Sorry, blame Stalin. He posted some in ours after Bayern last week..... :hugs:
    I did, but you guys actually crumbled, we got a Barca special served up on a plate, like most teams get when they face them.

The team Ferguson sent out in Munich was by no means depleted, like ours was today(RVP, Cesc, Arshavin, Song, Gallas, that's half a team) infact you had a very strong team, and you certainly cannot call the team van Gaal put fourth, Barca-esque.

ReputationRep:
    a shambolic team that was outclassed in every respect. good luck winning the title without fabregas.
    We didn't have a chance. Barcelona were playing with 6 midfielders when we needed to score, there was no way to get the ball.

Keita-Toure-Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Messi

Name me one team that can outplay that

ReputationRep:
    We had little chance, the referee gave us next to none. You touch a Barca player, the ref blows us, you tackle a Barca player, the ref blows up, you clearly take the ball, the Barca player does a swan dive and you get booked. Absolutely pathetic from the referee.

We were average, Messi was decent but got lucky, Silvestre was dreadful, Clichy was immense

ReputationRep:
    Everyone forgets that we had 5 out of our starting 11 missing plus our main back up players; I would like to see Barca beat us with that many players missing
    listen, just stfu. you lost end of. doesn't matter who was missing or not, you got outclassed by messi, admit it.

ReputationRep:
    LOL already listening to 5live..absolute LOL people slating players already..
    imo they are not to blame..not at all.. we were just unlucky with injuries and also lionel messi.. also walcott shouldnt have started..he should have been brought on in the 2nd half..

ReputationRep:
    Ibra, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Toure
    Henry argueable as a starter.

I hope you were wumming yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I didn't see your team in the Quarter-Final draw.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf to Barca they had Iniesta and both center backs out. I think the quality of depth in their squad, putting on Bojan and Busquets along with Marquez and Milito as the centre backs, was the difference between the 2 sides.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Probably our most crucial 5 too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    We don't have park the bus players, would have been silly to attempt to grind out a 1-0, not like they had lots of chances anyway, they pretty much took every one
    It's possible to sit in between 'parking the bus' and 'all out attack'. It just seems to me, that Wengers reluctance to change his tactics regardless of the match infront of him has cost him a number of times in Europe.

*WUM Disclaimer - I'm not on a WU, It's an honest observation*

ReputationRep:
    We had little chance, the referee gave us next to none. You touch a Barca player, the ref blows us, you tackle a Barca player, the ref blows up, you clearly take the ball, the Barca player does a swan dive and you get booked. Absolutely pathetic from the referee.

We were average, Messi was decent but got lucky, Silvestre was dreadful, Clichy was immense
    The ref was so crap today its untrue! The eboue yellow was the pinnacle of stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Tbf to Barca they had Iniesta and both center backs out. I think the quality of depth in their squad, putting on Bojan and Busquets along with Marquez and Milito as the centre backs, was the difference between the 2 sides.
    Take Xavi out of the picture and you'll see the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    They had at least four missing too. Are you that short-sighted?
    I knew that was coming.

Lets see something take the centre backs: They had pique and poyol missing but had there second choice centre backs.
    Our second choice centre back:
    Campball-No
    Djouru-No

They havnt lost as many key players as us. What would they have done without Messi today

ReputationRep:
    You don't have any excuses during the match, you got outplayed. No one would have beaten Barcelona that match, don't feel too upset

ReputationRep:

Messi was decent?

Also, what about in the lead up to your goal, the potential foul on Milito? Gloss over it, why not, eh?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.