Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So every time Arsenal lose it's because of the referee/you making the other team look good? :facepalm2: Give credit where it's due guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    With such a good team, why do they need to buy the ref? Covering all bases I suppose. Professionalism in the modern sense.
    Isn't that the kind of refereeing you Arsenal fans campaign for every season? You know, 'player protection' and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    It's possible to sit in between 'parking the bus' and 'all out attack'. It just seems to me, that Wengers reluctance to change his tactics regardless of the match infront of him has cost him a number of times in Europe.

*WUM Disclaimer - I'm not on a WU, It's an honest observation*
    But how many chances did Barca have even considering all their possession, Messi scored 3 of his goals from bobbles ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    The ref was so crap today its untrue! The eboue yellow was the pinnacle of stupidity.
    I know! First "offence" since he came on. And what about the acting? Got touched on the chest and played it like he was close to losing his eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Exactly. Probably our most crucial 5 too.
    Ibrahimovic, iniesta, puyol, pique. jus sayin

ReputationRep:
    We need a new keeper and we need chamrakh desperatly........imagine rvp and chamrakh next season.

Gutted. We need to win the premiership this season.........i cant have another trophyless season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    We didn't have a chance. Barcelona were playing with 6 midfielders when we needed to score, there was no way to get the ball.

Keita-Toure-Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Messi

Name me one team that can outplay that
    chelsea did last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    It's possible to sit in between 'parking the bus' and 'all out attack'. It just seems to me, that Wengers reluctance to change his tactics regardless of the match infront of him has cost him a number of times in Europe.

*WUM Disclaimer - I'm not on a WU, It's an honest observation*
    I ignored it the first time but your stupidity is unbelievable. Did we watch the same match? lol I can't remember Arsenal on a "all out attack" in fact I can't even remember an attack:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    In the Premier League you touch an Arsenal player, the ref blows up, you tackle an Arsenal player, the ref blows up, you clearly take the ball, the Arsenal player does a swan dive and you get booked. Absolutely pathetic from the referees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    a shambolic team that was outclassed in every respect. good luck winning the title without fabregas.
    Lmao. And I suppose you think the scrubs at Chelsea would have stood half a chance?

Moron.

chelsea did last season.
    Last season genius. That's a year ago :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Even RobbieC wouldn't resort to attempting to spin this as Arsenal being under strength and Barca not being

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    I know! First "offence" since he came on. And what about the acting? Got touched on the chest and played it like he was close to losing his eye.
    And the denilson tackle on messi. I don't know why these refs always officiate our matches! Go back to old trafford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Messi was decent?

Also, what about in the lead up to your goal, the potential foul on Milito? Gloss over it, why not, eh?
    Potential foul, lol about the only clean tackle the ref let us get away with

Yes, Messi was only decent, he scored from 3 ricochets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Ibra, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Toure
    Henry argueable as a starter.

I hope you were wumming yourself.
    The fact is Barca have more depth than us and obviously so considering the amount they've spent. So for us to miss Fabregas, Song, Van Persie, Arshavin, Gallas then even Ramsey, Djourou, Campbell is going to hurt us a lot more than them. Messi most probably would not have run riot if we didn't have that disgraceful mess Silvestre in defence and then Denilson as the defensive midfielder. I hope Silvestre never plays a game for us again.

All we can do now is annihilate Spurs next week, win all our remaining games, and then if it's not enough to win the league just focus on getting rid of the players that aren't good enough in the summer. The addition of Chamakh looks a very good one, if Wenger can just get rid of Almunia and get a decent keeper and bring in another central defender we should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    We just got beaten by the better team, we shouldnt be too dissappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Lmao. And I suppose you think the scrubs at Chelsea would have stood half a chance?

Moron.
    Chelsea beat Barca over the two legs last season were it not for the abysmal refereeing, which was as close to a screwjob you'll ever see in a major game.

ReputationRep:
    chelsea did last season.
    I assume your happy your avoiding Barca this season..I think you might even be able to avoid all remaining teams in the CL:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwback)
    Isn't that the kind of refereeing you Arsenal fans campaign for every season? You know, 'player protection' and all that...
    Slight difference between player protection and the referee rewarding blatant diving isn't there sweetheart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Chelsea beat Barca over the two legs last season were it not for the abysmal refereeing, which was as close to a screwjob you'll ever see in a major game.
    This is perhaps the only thing I think we're ever likely to agree on.

Apart from the obvious fact that the Packers are *****.

ReputationRep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.