Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    In the Premier League you touch an Arsenal player, the ref blows up, you tackle an Arsenal player, the ref blows up, you clearly take the ball, the Arsenal player does a swan dive and you get booked. Absolutely pathetic from the referees.

Except they dont in the PL, you have to break a leg before the ref blows up

If the ref was consistent then it's more acceptable, but he clearly wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Almunia being interviewed on Sky now is just in awe of Messi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Even RobbieC wouldn't resort to attempting to spin this as Arsenal being under strength and Barca not being
    we were outplayed fact. we don't have barca's resources fact. We didn't have half our first eleven as well as our subs fact. We didn't have a defensive midfielder and for half the game played a RB at Centre half. I think it's pretty obvious that Arsenal were far more affected by injuries than barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Lmao. And I suppose you think the scrubs at Chelsea would have stood half a chance?

Moron.

Last season genius. That's a year ago :rolleyes:
    we actually know how to defend mate. Messi was neutralised when he came to SB last season, not free to run riot like he did today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Potential foul, lol about the only clean tackle the ref let us get away with

Yes, Messi was only decent, he scored from 3 ricochets.
    It was a foul ye got away with, imo.

If Messi was only decent, what word would you use describe your lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I did also apologise in advance in TDR. :kiss2:
    I didn't see it

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. And I suppose you think the scrubs at Chelsea would have stood half a chance?

Moron.

Last season genius. That's a year ago
    There's not too much difference between Barca this season and last tbf. Whether Chelsea would have had a better chance against Barcelona is all ifs and buts so you cannot say either way. Personally I'd be more comfortable beating Barcelona under Hiddink than Ancelotti though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    we were outplayed fact. we don't have barca's resources fact. We didn't have half our first eleven as well as our subs fact. We didn't have a defensive midfielder and for half the game played a RB at Centre half. I think it's pretty obvious that Arsenal were far more affected by injuries than barcelona.
    Is that you, Mr. Benitez?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I ignored it the first time but your stupidity is unbelievable. Did we watch the same match? lol I can't remember Arsenal on a "all out attack" in fact I can't even remember an attack:facepalm:
    No, I watched ready steady cook instead and just fancied popping in to piss everyone off. :rolleyes:

Just because Arsenal only had a handful of attacks, doesn't mean they were not attack minded. Wengers reluctance to buy, never mind play a DM has cost them countless times in this competition. If Wenger had gone with a look to trying to get hold of the ball and frustrate Barca they'd of probably had more success than trying to out attack them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Chelsea beat Barca over the two legs last season were it not for the abysmal refereeing, which was as close to a screwjob you'll ever see in a major game.
    And you think last years Barcelona are a patch on this years? Don't make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I didn't see it
    Arsenesque. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Owned!

ReputationRep:
    It was a foul ye got away with, imo.

If Messi was only decent, what word would you use describe your lot?
    It was a clean tackle we got away with. What about the Bendtner clear onside when Barca players had all pushed up and Walcott had also broken the line waiting for a tap in

Average

ReputationRep:
    And you think last years Barcelona are a patch on this years? Don't make me laugh.
    Most would argue that Barca were better last season, and certainly were no worse. Messi is just that much better though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    I knew that was coming.

Lets see something take the centre backs: They had pique and poyol missing but had there second choice centre backs.
    Our second choice centre back:
    Campball-No
    Djouru-No

They havnt lost as many key players as us. What would they have done without Messi today
    Well tough luck, you didn't have them. that's how it goes in football. Players miss football matches/get injured.

No point assessing your chances if you had this player or that player on.

ReputationRep:
    Last years Barcelona played better than they have done this year :lolwut: even the poster Barca would admit that.

ReputationRep:
    Barca minus Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Puyol and Pique is a lot worse than the team Chelsea played.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenesque. :hugs:
    :girl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    No, I watched ready steady cook instead and just fancied popping in to piss everyone off. :rolleyes:

Just because Arsenal only had a handful of attacks, doesn't mean they were not attack minded. Wengers reluctance to buy, never mind play a DM has cost them countless times in this competition. If Wenger had gone with a look to trying to get hold of the ball and frustrate Barca they'd of probably had more success than trying to out attack them.
    No offence mate but your a ******* Liverpool supporter, the last thing you should be doing is criticizing other managers. At least you won't face Barcelona in the Europa league next season..if you even make it there:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Chin up lads, sometimes its just the way the

Spoiler:
    Show
    crumbles.

Its just a shame it happens almost every single year eh?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.