Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Our teams performances have no bearing on our own, personal, football knowledge or opinions :facepalm2:

Edit: Also we aren't Liverpool players, we are supporters. Although if there is a Liverpool player on here I'd be happy to know who...
    Meant fans lol........just getting bit worked up......getting texts from lpool fans over and over is quite irratating to a degree :rolleyes:

yeh but it would be better to concentrate on your own performance rather than jump constantly on the bandwagon, right?

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky was not ready for the game today, every pass went backwards to our defence. Worse still they were inaccurate. He is normally one of our better players but a lack of fitness and confidence got to him. This showed with his chance that he missed.

We should have been 2-0 up with Diaby slotting through Walcott, im not convinced about Bendtner, yes he scored the vital goal today and a few other times this season but disrupts our playing style so much. His footwork is horrendous, control is not good enough and we seem to just hoof the ball into the box expecting him to get it. This may work against the lesser teams but against any organised defence it will not work. He missed a vital chance that could have really got us back in the game. Almunia was woeful at distributing the ball, it either went out, miles away from anyone or aimed at Bendtner, which as i have said earlier will not work against Barca. If we did aim at him, at least get someone within 20 yards to give it to, he had no support around.

I have no idea why Vermaelen went to the right hand side of defence, he looked uncomfortable and rushed out way too much. This works domestically when referees do not mind you coming from behind to win the ball but against a team nominated for the oscars it will not work as they con the ref every time. It can only work when we have Song to come and drop in behind incase he gets caught out, but neither Denilson or Diaby do this so we get caught out and Messi then strikes.

Clichy was excellent today, both offensively and defensively. He dealt superbly with Dani Alves and went closing down everyone on the pitch, this did leave us a bit vulnerable as rosicky was not covering well enough. On the attack he provided pace and ran at players, something Theo lacked. The shots at the end were pure frustration at the lack of help from the team, they seemed happy to let him run with it. Theo was not utilised enough, he directly led to the first goal albeit a poor pass. When he was used it was played to his feet and he has not learned to take players on well enough from standing. It must be played ahead of him so he can run. Diaby failing to pass beyond the defender was costly, a two goal cushion would have helped the players more. Overall though Diaby and Denilson has a good game.

We lost to the best team in europe with the worlds best player destroying us. Song would have made a huge difference, silvestre was poor. Not good enough, looking at the performance i would say silly rookie mistakes....but wait he is 32. Please dispose of him Wenger. The referee was bad, no doubt. He gave stupid free kicks to both sides and was too harsh to us on numerous occasions. He would not let us take quick free kicks in simple positions, but when the best player in the world stops crying and plays Pedro through 1 on 1 early the ref is fine. This is not a good enough excuse, we missed chances and defended so sloppily, you cannot afford to do that against Barcelona.

We don't have clinical players in our team, given a good opportunity only Van Persie, Fabregas, and maybe Nasri would finish every time. Eduardo would be in that bracket before his injury, however needs to regain form. We need to attacking players to find consistency. Clichy needs to be played further forward and with a bit of work on shooting would be great. Barcelona have learned how to cross, we haven't. Low crosses are so dangerous yet we love spamming it up in the air for 8ft defenders to clear against Walcott who doesn't even jump.

Oh well, we need to sort it out at the weekend. Focus on the league and win every game left to have a chance. We need RVP back now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Hang on, aren't you the one that called Milito's tackle on Nasri a foul?

Second best tackle of the match, tbh.
    got the ball but hacked his leg tho......fouls are given for less than that...

ReputationRep:
    Was always gonna happen. We started off well, got tired from chasing them all around the park, no one to bring on to make a difference and **** defending. Oh and Messi is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Barca vs Inter will be a good tie tbh, Inter have been quite good in attack this season in the CL, and they know how to defend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Meant fans lol........just getting bit worked up......getting texts from lpool fans over and over is quite irratating to a degree :rolleyes:

yeh but it would be better to concentrate on your own performance rather than jump constantly on the bandwagon, right?
    There is no bandwagon to jump on :confused: We haven't played tonight (so there is no performance to concentrate on) and nearly all Liverpool fans have been critical about this season (if they haven't god knows what they have been upto).
    So what exactly do you want us to do :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenjaneapproximately)
    I hope Barca win the Champions League now. Everyone is saying this is a Lionel Messi show but it was a great team effort too - if they start playing cautious and pull a shocker and lose to someone like Inter Milan then that would be an insult to us.

More like it's an insult to Inter for comparing them to Arsenal. Inter are in a different LEAGUE

ReputationRep:
    got the ball but hacked his leg tho......fouls are given for less than that...
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that challenge, and again, if it was an Arsenal player you'd be singing his praises to heaven.......

ReputationRep:
    What I didnt say was how proud I was of the Lad's in the first 20. We did exactly what we needed to do. Shame we couldnt keep it up and kept it shut for at least 10min after the goal.

Now I have calmed down a bit just let me end with please let anyone else but United win it.

ReputationRep:
    i bet the FA cup doesn't look too bad now eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    There is no bandwagon to jump on :confused: We haven't played tonight (so there is no performance to concentrate on) and nearly all Liverpool fans have been critical about this season (if they haven't god knows what they have been upto).
    So what exactly do you want us to do :dontknow:
    When i say concentrate, i mean concentrate on your season as a whole, obv everyone has their opinions but for any liverpool fans to mock arsenal losing to barca, is a bit pathetic really....

ReputationRep:
    For the first 20mins we closed the play down in the middle of the field, and thats when we were playing the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that challenge, and again, if it was an Arsenal player you'd be singing his praises to heaven.......
    all im saying is it could have been given as a foul, caught his leg and the ball......

ReputationRep:
    Maybe more investment into the youth program? Try to create our own little La Masia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i bet the FA cup doesn't look too bad now eh?
    I thought you were one of the nice Chelsea fans

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say we lost to Barca tbh, we lost to Messi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I'd love to see Stoke-Barca with an PL ref

Messi got covered in *** himself thanks to sky
    we cud deffo have em for brekkie at The Brit
    Robin Cousin beat them at New Camp neway n TP allwaiz gets his tictacs right

Eric Abigail cudnt cope with Matty EZRINGTONE or Liam Lawro
    proper world class winger is Matty!1
    hes much bettah then Messy

(Original post by Tobydch)
    More like it's an insult to Inter for comparing them to Arsenal. Inter are in a different LEAGUE
    their in Seria A aint they!!??

ReputationRep:
    When i say concentrate, i mean concentrate on your season as a whole, obv everyone has their opinions but for any liverpool fans to mock arsenal losing to barca, is a bit pathetic really....
    No Liverpool fan has mocked you on here :rolleyes:

DontBuyTheSun made an observation ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Good effort lads. Arsenal played better today than the last tie, Clichy in particular was solid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Clichy in particular was solid.
    He was our best player!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.