Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Arsenal should have had a penalty.
    The referee blocked sol from blocking the freekick.
    They've had an own goal.
    I'm sorry but WTF!
    We should be 3/4-0 up. Fabianski needs to he subbed it's disgraceful.
    Agreed.
    Disagree, Sol didn't even know what was happening.
    And what was wrong with their first goal that you say you should be 3/4-0 up?

Fabregas is such a whingebag sometimes, tonight being one of those times.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with the 2nd porto goal

ReputationRep:
    Porto players are bare dirty

I miss Lehmann......and his antics

ReputationRep:
    Oh look! It's Arsenal losing while they "deserve to be winning" and are "playing well". Haven't seen this one before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal ... That is the minimum depending on how many goals Chelsea want to score
    Porto 3 - 1 Arsenal
    Anyone remeber the 'cretin' that said ^^^?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Are refs even allowed to let play continue if they don't see the freekick taken? 'Cos the ref had his back completely turned when that was taken.
    Yes. :facepalm:

Straws are being clutched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    If the ref knew what he was doing it would be 2-1 to us you mug.
    Awwwwww, always an excuse, you don't write for Wenger by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    How would he know it wasn't taken from a moving ball then and why do so many refs blow up when a freekick is taken and they have their back to it?
    You only get penalised for a foul if you're caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    How is it an excuse its the truth you idiot.
    Typical eFan dimwit. How about you take your anger out on the players and manager instead of a real fan who gets things spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    If the ref knew what he was doing it would be 2-1 to us you mug.
    If the ref did not knew what he was doing, he would not be in the biggest club football tournament in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I'm also saying that time after time you see everyone is ready, the freekick is taken but because the ref has their back to the play they blow up and make the team retake it.
    Do you? I can't recall seeing this. Certainly not "time after time".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You sure about that? Just because he might be able to deal with lower matches it doesn't mean he can handle the pressure of a big match.
    Who the **** are you? If you're so great go out there and become a ref, until that point,, shut up and accept decisions.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the ref would of played on had the freekick been intercepted straight away? Also guys, this is the ref that didn't see henrys handball....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    Who the **** are you? If you're so great go out there and become a ref, until that point,, shut up and accept decisions.
    How about you stop pretending to be an Arsenal *fan* and GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    Have to say i think you guys have been a bit hard done by. I'm fine with quick free kicks, providing you get the ball yourself, but when the ref told Fabianski to give him the ball the chance of a quick free kick should have gone imo. That and the penalty you should have had.

Tbf even at 2-1 down you'd still be strong favourites going into the second leg, so there's no need to overreact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    The referee blocked sol from blocking the freekick.
    Shouldn't Sol have been 10 yards away anyway? They've shown the replay several times and all he's trying to do is hold the Porto player back as he takes the free kick anyway.

I'm not sure if the referee every blew his whistle but Arsenal have no one but themselves to blame for that one I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    ZizAli I actually feel sorry for you, you are so deluded.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH
    What ****** hypocrisy! Do me a favour and jump off a cliff. My predictions in the last month have been almost 100% You are a disrace to football fans but it's not your fault, you can study the books and play the sport as much as you want but you will never understand, you were just not born to understand football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    How about you stop pretending to be an Arsenal *fan* and GTFO.
    As for you, just zip it and watch some cartoons.

ReputationRep:
    The performance wasn't shocking, however it was not good enough, we should be winning this pre-game 3-0 yet have deserved 2-1 at best. 2 mistakes and a denied penalty cost us the game, at least the players showed some fight first half.
    We need to work on set pieces, our players are static and then we just smash it far post expecting Bendtner to get it back in. The last set piece in the game was exactly the same except it seemed Cesc forgot Bendtner was not on the pitch to contest it.
    We need to have at least 1, preferably 2 holding midfielders who sit and defend, everyone needs to stop charging forward. Nobody has player the Song role, Diaby has had to commit forward too much and Denilson may as well not have been on the pitch.
    Bendtner was poor on the whole, he can be alright from crosses but is not consistent enough and cannot play well enough with his feet to be upfront on his own for most of the game. Also why use him when our team cannot cross, especially the woeful Clichy hoofs.
    No doubt Almunia will be back for some more blunders next week.
    The only player who looked like creating a goal was Rosicky, lets keep him in form as he is one of our best players behind Cesc and RVP. Eboue should start as well in the return leg with Rosicky and Diaby upfront.
    I don't know if we can pull it back the way Henry, Pires and Paddy would. At least we have an away goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Tbh I cba to argue with the utd fans on here, you have your views and I have mine but I don't think anyone can deny the fact that we should have had a pen before the utter mess that ensued.
    I'm not really commenting on the game, I just find it absurd how (most of) the Arsenal fans on this forum always have the viewpoint when Arsenal lose that they didn't deserve to and have either been unlucky or royally screwed. Always. I haven't commented on the penalty as I wasn't even watching then and, anyway, it doesn't particularly concern me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.