Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I'm not having any of the ******** here. We tried hard and it was more than commendable but they played us off the park. At 3-1 they took the foot off the pedal but were always in control. Messi is pure class. That's why he's better than Rooney. No shame in losing to that. Although I didn't appreciate being kept back for half an hour in what was pretty much a mountain top :rant:
    Could you not have told us this from the mountain top? :gah:

Nice WUM btw. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Which team in the world would have a 6th choice centre back able to stop Messi in this form at the Nou Camp as well as their best defensive midfielder out? Yes Silvestre was laughable but there's nothing much we could've done about it when you come up against a player that good, Barca deserved to go through and we have to just focus now on finishing the season strongly and hopefully winning the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    We showed alot of heart, so ive no problem with the loss, although i question wengers defensive options, i would have gone with Cambell, intsead of Silverstor.

We got beaten by a better team, Player
    No. You must be a deluded Arsenal fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUWERTY)
    Part of the problem is our closing down, our players run to the ball one at a time get 5 yards away then slow down and stop putting pressure on. Barcelona rush all the way to the player, putting in a tackle while 2 or 3 other players mark passing options. They one time we pressured them into a tackle Diaby got the ball and we scored. Neither Denilson or Diaby can control the game in the same way Xavi, Keita and Busquets can.
    :yep: this a very good post and goes some way to alleviating the embarassment of a couple of the previous posters.

Barcelona are just a refined version of what Arsenal are aiming for, no shame in being beaten by them. It is a lesson for the Arsenal players and (hopefully for use) Arsene, so that he can see what he should be striving for.

ReputationRep:
    Commisserations guys. No wummage from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    Reason?, you cannot say that without a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    I think we outplayed every player on the pitch apart from Messi tbf, literally he was behind any success in that match, why couldn't we shut him out like at the Emirates?
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Could you not have told us this from the mountain top? :gah:

Nice WUM btw. :hat2:
    Ba dum dum tsch

I did my best. I couldn't just let them get away with it completely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    This fan is hardly deluded :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Your four key players point isn't nullified (and its 5 including RVP) because those 5 are much more vital to us than there 4 is to them.
    Yes but we have had enough time to recover from the RvP loss, or at least make something of the situation. RvP cannot be considered as a realistic 'loss' for this tie.
    Also, the reason that their losses are considered as less significant is because they have a much stronger depth to their squad. The fact that they have a player of the calibre of Yaya Touré on the bench shows their strength in depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    :lolwut:
    You're a Pool fan, therefore you're not allowed to comment. [see previous page]

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal were a ******* disgrace tonight, and their anti-football embarrassed the Premier League. I want every Arsenal supporter on here to ******* apologise to me (a Manchester United supporter) personally for embarrassing my country and the Premier League on the world stage.

Useless soft southern fairies. SHAME on you.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what Cesc was thinking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I thought you were one of the nice Chelsea fans
    naww sorry :hugs:

dont worry i'm done :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Yes but we have had enough time to recover from the RvP loss, or at least make something of the situation. RvP cannot be considered as a realistic 'loss' for this tie.
    Also, the reason that their losses are considered as less significant is because they have a much stronger depth to their squad. The fact that they have a player of the calibre of Yaya Touré on the bench shows their strength in depth.
    How do you think they've so much more strength in depth than us? This is also ignoring the fact that even our back up defenders; Djourou, Campbell, Song were also missing and Silvestre was literally a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    Shut the hell up about Liverpool fan this Liverpool fan that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    How do you think they've so much more strength in depth than us? This is also ignoring the fact that even our back up defenders; Djourou, Campbell, Song were also missing and Silvestre was literally a last resort.
    Campbell was fit enough for the bench.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Arsenal were a ******* disgrace tonight, and their anti-football embarrassed the Premier League. I want every Arsenal supporter on here to ******* apologise to me (a Manchester United supporter) personally for embarrassing my country and the Premier League on the world stage.

Useless soft southern fairies. SHAME on you.
    We lose to Barca away with most of our team missing, you lose to a weak Bayern team with most of your team fit. I think that's even more embarrassing than your post :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I wonder what Cesc was thinking...
    "Cant wait to be playing here next season?"
    I can see this being his final season!

ReputationRep:
    Silvestre. :facepalm2:

It all went downhill after that mis-kick...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.