Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Again - could you please quote this '****' rather than being an internet cliche.
    Here is the **** im talking about.

(Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Just because Arsenal only had a handful of attacks, doesn't mean they were not attack minded. Wengers reluctance to buy, never mind play a DM has cost them countless times in this competition. If Wenger had gone with a look to trying to get hold of the ball and frustrate Barca they'd of probably had more success than trying to out attack them.
    I don't know what arsenal you watched but the arsenal i watched was certainly not attack minded. The fact that we barely had any shots on goal illustrates this. When we got the ball we tried to 'keep it' but were hustled and pressed quickly by barca that's why couldn't keep hold of the ******* ball.

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations to the Arsenal - Messi was a different class tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Arsenal were a ******* disgrace tonight, and their anti-football embarrassed the Premier League. I want every Arsenal supporter on here to ******* apologise to me (a Manchester United supporter) personally for embarrassing my country and the Premier League on the world stage.

Useless soft southern fairies. SHAME on you.
    coming from a team that relies on rooney? (aka gooney)

Suck my **** *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    Funny thing is that liverpool will get knocked out the europa league by bloody benfica yet they have the nerve to come and spout their **** on this thread.

We lost to a better team and probably the team thats going to win the CL, there's no shame in that. I've never been a bendtner fan and I've always questioned his credibilties as a future arsenal player and tonight did nothing to change my opinion of him. When you play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation like we did you need your frontman to be able to hold up the ball or atleast be able to win aerial battles, link the play or run down the channels - bendtner did neither of the above and as a result milito and marques had one of the easiest games of their lives.

His mood/interview after the game didnt help either. Yes i know barca were the better team but as a player you cant just come out with a big smile on your face and admit that. Most players would put the blame on their team perfoming badly instead of the 'other team being better'. I think his attitude sucks tbh
    This is the s*** im talking about, i been defending myself from these delusional liverpool fans on here earlier.......what a bunch of muppets.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what arsenal you watched but the arsenal i watched was certainly not attack minded. The fact that we barely had any shots on goal illustrates this. When we got the ball we tried to 'keep it' but were hustled and pressed quickly by barca that's why couldn't keep hold of the ******* ball.
    They weren't attack minded? Ok. So they were defence minded and conceded 4?

ReputationRep:
    Last year we were struggling to finish top 4. This year we've been serious title contenders and while I believe we'll fall short we've shown more mental strength in terms of finishing the job this year. We were 9 points off the top after the Chelsea defeat, since then we've had a run of P8 W7 D1 L0 to get ourselves right back in it.
    I don't think we'll win the title but no-one would have expected us to pre-season.

What we need to do is keep our key players get rid of the dross, and sign some new ones and push on next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Beat Spurs expertly. DO EEEEET.
    so much negativity towards us - i think secretly your worried, especially if you saw the ssn report yesterday reporting that we have lennon 100% back, possibly king (and a fully fit defoe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Last year we were struggling to finish top 4. This year we've been serious title contenders and while I believe we'll fall short we've shown more mental strength in terms of finishing the job this year. We were 9 points off the top after the Chelsea defeat, since then we've had a run of P8 W7 D1 L0 to get ourselves right back in it.
    I don't think we'll win the title but no-one would have expected us to pre-season.

What we need to do is keep our key players get rid of the dross, and sign some new ones and push on next year.
    I wonder if Fabregas can repeat his season for you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    so much negativity towards us - i think secretly your worried, especially if you saw the ssn report yesterday reporting that we have lennon 100% back, possibly king (and a fully fit defoe)
    We all know King will get another injury by the time it actually gets to the game. Lennon not fit according to Physio Room which is a reliable source on injuries:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php

ReputationRep:
    *********BREAKING NEWS********

During last nights Champions League game thieves targeted several footballers homes while they were at footballing engagements.

Steven Gerrad, who’s home was one of the footballers targeted lost valuables including F.A Cup winners medals, League cup winners medals, Champions League winners medals and his MBE medal.

Another footballer targeted was Cesc Fabregas. Thieves are belived to have taken a kettle and a toaster.

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    We all know King will get another injury by the time it actually gets to the game. Lennon not fit according to Physio Room which is a reliable source on injuries:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php
    i would bet money that king will be fit, he hasnt played for ages, specifically with this run-in in mind

lennon isnt fit for this weekends carling cup final, i am sure he will play some part in wednesdays game though

<thanks for the link to that site tho, wiill look at that more often >

ReputationRep:
    i would bet money that king will be fit, he hasnt played for ages, specifically with this run-in in mind

lennon isnt fit for this weekends carling cup final, i am sure he will play some part in wednesdays game though

<thanks for the link to that site tho, wiill look at that more often >
    Carling Cup final? :confused: You mean fa cup semi? :p:

From what I've read Lennon is fit but not match fit much like Van Persie so at best he'll be on the bench for the Arsenal game.

ReputationRep:
    *********BREAKING NEWS********

During last nights Champions League game thieves targeted several footballers homes while they were at footballing engagements.

Steven Gerrad, who’s home was one of the footballers targeted lost valuables including F.A Cup winners medals, League cup winners medals, Champions League winners medals and his MBE medal.

Another footballer targeted was Cesc Fabregas. Thieves are belived to have taken a kettle and a toaster.

:teeth:
    Already been done for Kris Boyd/Henrik Larsson :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobydch)
    More like it's an insult to Inter for comparing them to Arsenal. Inter are in a different LEAGUE
    Yep, well done for noticing: The Serie A. Do you want rep or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Lol are you f******* kidding me? Inter will have a much, MUCH better defensive display than your pathetic one's in the emirates and Nou Camp where you got embarrased because Arsenal CAN NOT DEFEND. To say it would be an insult if Inter go through is a joke and you clearly have no clue.
    Are you Mourinho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenjaneapproximately)
    Yep, well done for noticing: The Serie A. Do you want rep or something?
    Of quality, if that makes it easier for you to understand, or prevents you from reading how you want it to read

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Too right and Liverpool should have theirs increased for being the most succesful English club in Europe, plowing a lone furrow through Europe increasing the popularity of our league so you lot can leech your way to Prem wins whilst we gather ourselves for another assault on Europe.
    is this liverpool we are talking about.....a joke of a team lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    is this liverpool we are talking about.....a joke of a team lol
    You fail at making points worth any value and now you fail at recognising sarcasm :facepalm2:

You really are a joke of a poster.

ReputationRep:
    You fail at making points worth any value and now you fail at recognising sarcasm :facepalm2:

You really are a joke of a poster.
    Word on the street Liverpool are a joke? :awesome:

Get the league sorted FYL I want none of this I'm not at home pish

ReputationRep:
    Here is the **** im talking about.

So you are honestly trying to argue that Arsenal were defensive yesterday :lolwut:
    Your lack of understanding with regards to football is alarming. Your team was set up to attack, therefore it was attack minded, the fact that Barca prevented this has no bearing on whether the mentality of your team. was attacking or defensive.

Have you ever tried playing football? Or at least watching it whilst making an attempt to understand what is going on.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.