Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    You fail at making points worth any value and now you fail at recognising sarcasm :facepalm2:

You really are a joke of a poster.
    Are you sure it was sarcasm? :p:

The general consensus amongst liverpool fans are that you would actually have a successful asssault on europe next season! Thus my comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Are you sure it was sarcasm? :p:

The general consensus amongst liverpool fans are that you would actually have a successful asssault on europe next season! Thus my comments
    I've never even heard one Liverpool fan mention Europe next year :lolwut: are you sure these aren't just things you are making up to try and qualify why you cannot recognise sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    I've never even heard one Liverpool fan mention Europe next year :lolwut: are you sure these aren't just things you are making up to try and qualify why you cannot recognise sarcasm?
    im sure

Concentrate on the Benfica match......you need to keep focused....no more handballs right? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    im sure

Concentrate on the Benfica match......you need to keep focused....no more handballs right? :yep:
    Why would I personally have to be focused on the Benfica match? I'm not playing in the match and pre-match focus has no bearing on my ability to support.

ReputationRep:

The posterboy for Liverpool's season, i think. Roll on Benfica. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was totally ******* disappinted with last night I must say. I'm not going to have a rant about all our injuries, the ref, or how Barca players relied on rolling around in "agony" whilst the massive Spanish crowd whistled in order to draw out poor decisions. What I will say is that:

-What killed us off in that game was that we held our lead for no longer than a couple of minutes. If we managed to hold out to half time, the fans would have bubbled down and the psychological damage would have been great.

-Sivestre is to blame for the first goal. Why he started I have no clue, as it also forced Vermaelen to play on the right hand side, where he looked uncomfortable. Wenger eventually put Sagna there anyway so I have no idea why he didn't start that way.

-At crucial moments, our passing always went the wrong way. The clearest example of this was at 1-0 when Diaby had the ball and Walcott was making the run into the box. It was a very good oppurtunity and God knows what could've happened if we went 2-0 up. Instead he played a poor pass to Bendtner and nothing came of it. This happened a few times.

-None of our players did particularly well, apart from imho Denilson. I was disappointed in Nasri, who I expected to do something amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah this thread is ******* hilarious.

Ahhh justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Well, I was totally ******* disappinted with last night I must say. I'm not going to have a rant about all our injuries, the ref, or how Barca players relied on rolling around in "agony" whilst the massive Spanish crowd whistled in order to draw out poor decisions. What I will say is that:

-What killed us off in that game was that we held our lead for no longer than a couple of minutes. If we managed to hold out to half time, the fans would have bubbled down and the psychological damage would have been great.

-Sivestre is to blame for the first goal. Why he started I have no clue, as it also forced Vermaelen to play on the right hand side, where he looked uncomfortable. Wenger eventually put Sagna there anyway so I have no idea why he didn't start that way.

-At crucial moments, our passing always went the wrong way. The clearest example of this was at 1-0 when Diaby had the ball and Walcott was making the run into the box. It was a very good oppurtunity and God knows what could've happened if we went 2-0 up. Instead he played a poor pass to Bendtner and nothing came of it. This happened a few times.

-None of our players did particularly well, apart from imho Denilson. I was disappointed in Nasri, who I expected to do something amazing.
    I thought Clichy played quite well too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)

Ahhh justice.
    Roffle a West Ham fan talking about europe :rofl:

The great hotbed of success that you are. Even the spuds have won more ffs. Let me guess... You won the world cup in 66? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)

The posterboy for Liverpool's season, i think. Roll on Benfica. :p:

He is soo ******* cool

I've been saying his name since the last time a watched channel 5:mmm:

CARDOZA

ReputationRep:
    Silvestre was all over the place, cost us the 1st goal and then for some reason charged to the near post for the 2nd when Vermealen was going for the block. In hindsight Sagna should have started CB with Eboue RB

ReputationRep:
    Why would I personally have to be focused on the Benfica match? I'm not playing in the match and pre-match focus has no bearing on my ability to support.
    Maybe you should be playing? Torres needs some support man! Help the man out lol

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell!
    Messi has scored one goal for every 4 shots he has had on target this season in the champs league and spanish league....

ReputationRep:
    Actually possibly the worst ******* thing about last night was the TV directing. I know they are big on the replays in La Liga but i've never noticed it being that bad. A joke that we had to watch replays whilst the match had been in play for a minute constantly. At one point all the viewer wanted to know was whether it was offside and the director plays 5 close up replays which helped **** all. Even when they were showing live play the ball was off the screen half the time

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they also seemed particularly interested in showing Maxwell's shot at the near post far too many times while play was going on.

We were better last night than at the Emirates but lacked quality where/when it mattered. I do think we were a bit unfortunate with the first two goals. Messi's first shot takes a deflection off someone, wrong foots Silvestre who instinctively prods his leg out, and it goes right back to Messi. Second goal was not a great cross from Abidal and ends up going behind the defenders who are running back. The ball finds its way to Pedro and he touches onto Messi who finishes. What I will say is when they got these little things going for them in and around the box, they took their chances supremely well. The first was a little touch by Messi to take it into space and then blast into the net. The second was a clever touch by Pedro, a neat finish by Messi. When we got a break and the ball fell to Bendtner in the box at 3-1, he took it with the wrong foot and the CB got the tackle in. I think we broke the play up fairly high about 4 or 5 times in the second half, leading to counter attacks, which could have brought about chances - but the final ball and decision making was severely lacking.

That's not to say we would have won if this happened or that happened, but we could have made things interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Actually possibly the worst ******* thing about last night was the TV directing. I know they are big on the replays in La Liga but i've never noticed it being that bad. A joke that we had to watch replays whilst the match had been in play for a minute constantly. At one point all the viewer wanted to know was whether it was offside and the director plays 5 close up replays which helped **** all. Even when they were showing live play the ball was off the screen half the time
    Don't worry, Barca most likely had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Don't worry, Barca most likely had it.

Stop it Kev:shifty:

This place has enough people to form a Failliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)

I agree with all these points except the last one. Denilson was supposed to be playing the defensive midfield role I think, yet he offered hardly any protection to the defence. It was a big mistake for Wenger to play Silvestre, I don't know what that guy is even doing in our squad let alone actually playing against Barcelona. It would've been wiser to play Sagna at centre back, and Eboue right back, which he finally done but only once it was too late. I think Clichy had a good game though, but yeah apart from that we were pretty poor. If we had some of our players with a bit more experience and who aren't scared of the opposition, mainly the people we were missing we would've obviously done a lot better.

And I have to strongly agree with the rolling around part. I thought some of our players were bad for rolling around and we're always getting criticised for it for some reason but every single time you tackle a Barca player, even when cleanly they go down like they're severely injured. There was one theatrical dive that was so funny by Busquets, who seemed to be the main offender although they were all doing it, where he was barely touched yet he jumped, done a forward roll then lay there clutching his leg for a minute before getting up a resuming. The referee just seemed to give them anything as soon as one of their players went over and I was suprised he actually allowed us to play on for the goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    *********BREAKING NEWS********

During last nights Champions League game thieves targeted several footballers homes while they were at footballing engagements.

Steven Gerrad, who’s home was one of the footballers targeted lost valuables including F.A Cup winners medals, League cup winners medals, Champions League winners medals and his MBE medal.

Another footballer targeted was Cesc Fabregas. Thieves are belived to have taken a kettle and a toaster.

:teeth:
    So they left his Euro winners medal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)

Ahhh justice.
    Must say i'm enjoying it too.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.