Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

Clichy played very well indeed... because he was the only one who 100% wanted to win that game. Obviously the others didn't fancy it, how utterly disappointing that is.

Diaby and Nasri were standout disappointments for me, leaving the much maligned Denilson to do his absolute all to press... despite him being yellow carded, in a carbon-copy Barca roll-around to earn him a yellow card.

For all his talent, his fantastic vision, Messi remains with a lot of growing up to do. He didn't need to cheat with talent like that... But the ref bought it every time, including where Eboue's arm pushed off Biscuit's left shoulder, and he pretended he'd been punched in the face. The same player did not receive a yellow for a cynical step-across on Theo. Coincidence? Nah.

We were the worse team over two legs, their difference being in their effort, more than their talent, which was surprising. But as much as they worked to stop us playing our attacking strengths into the match, we failed to fight for our right to play, and that's just sad.

Very little to be proud of, going out like that. No desire = no trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    He is soo ******* cool

I've been saying his name since the last time a watched channel 5:mmm:

CARDOZA

He is a ******* beast on FM10. Best 5-6 million you could spend really.

pedant And, its cardozO /pedant. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Roffle a West Ham fan talking about europe :rofl:

The great hotbed of success that you are. Even the spuds have won more ffs. Let me guess... You won the world cup in 66? :facepalm2:
    Ohhhh okay i've got you, you need to have had more success than the other team to be able to laugh at a single game? Right so that means you can't ever laugh at the likes of Manchester United, yeah?
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Ohhhh okay i've got you, you need to have had more success than the other team to be able to laugh at a single game? Right so that means you can't ever laugh at the likes of Manchester United, yeah?
    Within each league there is a sub-league. Each sub-league have the right to wum each other.

1- Manchester-Arsenal and MAYBE liverpool

West ham is in subleague 14

ReputationRep:
    I believe we lost against a team that is better than us and that has the best player in the world
    Arsene Wenger sums it up perfectly tbh. Good to see there's no excuses, he's gone up in my estimation

ReputationRep:
    Within each league there is a sub-league. Each sub-league have the right to wum each other.

He can wind up whoever he wants.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    :sigh:

Clichy played very well indeed... because he was the only one who 100% wanted to win that game. Obviously the others didn't fancy it, how utterly disappointing that is.

Diaby and Nasri were standout disappointments for me, leaving the much maligned Denilson to do his absolute all to press... despite him being yellow carded, in a carbon-copy Barca roll-around to earn him a yellow card.

For all his talent, his fantastic vision, Messi remains with a lot of growing up to do. He didn't need to cheat with talent like that... But the ref bought it every time, including where Eboue's arm pushed off Biscuit's left shoulder, and he pretended he'd been punched in the face. The same player did not receive a yellow for a cynical step-across on Theo. Coincidence? Nah.

We were the worse team over two legs, their difference being in their effort, more than their talent, which was surprising. But as much as they worked to stop us playing our attacking strengths into the match, we failed to fight for our right to play, and that's just sad.

Very little to be proud of, going out like that. No desire = no trophy.
    For once I mostly agree with you. Our players didn't seem to want it as much as theirs. Let's hope they want the league a bit more.

ReputationRep:

Hey let him have his laughs now, poor guy has to support that mess of a club, he ain't going to have many chances to be happy this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    I agree with all these points except the last one. Denilson was supposed to be playing the defensive midfield role I think, yet he offered hardly any protection to the defence. It was a big mistake for Wenger to play Silvestre, I don't know what that guy is even doing in our squad let alone actually playing against Barcelona. It would've been wiser to play Sagna at centre back, and Eboue right back, which he finally done but only once it was too late. I think Clichy had a good game though, but yeah apart from that we were pretty poor. If we had some of our players with a bit more experience and who aren't scared of the opposition, mainly the people we were missing we would've obviously done a lot better.

And I have to strongly agree with the rolling around part. I thought some of our players were bad for rolling around and we're always getting criticised for it for some reason but every single time you tackle a Barca player, even when cleanly they go down like they're severely injured. There was one theatrical dive that was so funny by Busquets, who seemed to be the main offender although they were all doing it, where he was barely touched yet he jumped, done a forward roll then lay there clutching his leg for a minute before getting up a resuming. The referee just seemed to give them anything as soon as one of their players went over and I was suprised he actually allowed us to play on for the goal.
    Fair point about Clichy, I kinda forgot about him. He did really well, he just didn't have the right support/was unlucky with his crosses.

I ******* hate this poncy attitude towards football Players such as Busquets and C.Ronaldo are just pussies and they need to man the **** up, tbh.

I too was surprised that they didn't get a free kick before our goal - I admit I thought it was a foul, just because of all the screaming Barca fans. On the replay, it was clearly just a decent challenge. My Spanish friend keeps telling me it as a blatant foul. Honestly, European football is poncy as **** sometimes. He also thinks that Denilson deserved the booking and that it was a bad tackle...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Funny isn't it? :lol:

Edit: And Liverpool fans weren't even laughing at them at all and some Arsenal fans came out with things like, 'your in the Europa League' :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    He can wind up whoever he wants.
    Chelsea is a lolfest of a team..go sell everyone at the club and start again

ReputationRep:
    Too ******* funny :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea is a lolfest of a team..go sell everyone at the club and start again
    No thanks, we're top of the league. 2-0 and 3-0 LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Funny isn't it? :lol:

Edit: And Liverpool fans weren't even laughing at them at all and some Arsenal fans came out with things like, 'your in the Europa League' :facepalm2:
    Deshi..you might not have been but some guys actually had the nerve. There is always next year for the both of us:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Too ******* funny :toofunny:
    tbf I actually like West Ham..Chelsea on the other hand:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    tbf I actually like West Ham..Chelsea on the other hand:facepalm2:
    Shame that's all changed lately, we used to be everyones second favourite team untill fairly recently (ignoring the rivals obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    No thanks, we're top of the league. 2-0 and 3-0 LOL.
    3 premier league titles in 105 years and 2 of them were bought with Russian money. Go support QPR ffs

ReputationRep:
    3 premier league titles in 105 years and 2 of them were bought with Russian money. Go support QPR ffs
    hahahaahahahahahahahahahahaa. What's been the result in our last four fixtures please? :woo:

How many European trophies do Arsenal have? Hahahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    For once I mostly agree with you. Our players didn't seem to want it as much as theirs. Let's hope they want the league a bit more.
    In my opinion, the Barcelona players wanted it more because of the prospect of winning the CL at the Bernabeu. That would be the ultimate one-fingered gesture to Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    There are more non-Arsenal fans than actual Arsenal fans right now, ffs.

I hate the person who first thought up the 'crumble' concept. :facepalm2:
    I'm just going to quote myself again from last night, because no-one seems able to read between the lines.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.