Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it with this Messi phenomenon? Generally he's the best player around, but last nights game... his goals were basically Darren Bent-esque.

He ran, really fast, in a straight line. Only when he got to a one on one did he show immense technique, the only non Darren Bent component of his goals.

The chip and his first strike were individually fantastic, but generally he did little in the way of amazing dribbles through players/slaloming around...

Richard Keys seemed to be having an orgasm over his quality... but last night wasn't really evident of anything but the fact that he is very fast and can score when the ball bobbles off somebody and into his path, somewhat fortuitously.

Only his shots themselves were unstoppable. For Almunia anyway, who made all the tough decisions for him... mostly by slipping over and allowing the chip-rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    We always seem to attract the worst. :facepalm2:
    Agreed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    What is it with this Messi phenomenon? Generally he's the best player around, but last nights game... his goals were basically Darren Bent-esque.

He ran, really fast, in a straight line. Only when he got to a one on one did he show immense technique, the only non Darren Bent component of his goals.

The chip and his first strike were individually fantastic, but generally he did little in the way of amazing dribbles through players/slaloming around...

Richard Keys seemed to be having an orgasm over his quality... but last night wasn't really evident of anything but the fact that he is very fast and can score when the ball bobbles off somebody and into his path, somewhat fortuitously.

Only his shots themselves were unstoppable. For Almunia anyway, who made all the tough decisions for him... mostly by slipping over and allowing the chip-rape.
    Precisely, his finishing was sublime and it was a brilliant strikers performance but it's not like he cut us open. Whenever he dribbled it was a bobble fest

ReputationRep:

I totally agree, it was hardly one of his best games for barcelona but sky sports were going on like it was the greatest perfomance of all time.

It kind of reminds me of arshavin's 4 goals at anfield. He played **** the whole game scored four from 5 attempts and sky sports just went OTT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Maybe i'll join all these Arsenal obsessed anti-fans and become a full time WUM, post constant rubbish
    Aye, it seems quite pathetic.

My guess would be that they're too thick to derive some success from their own lives so they have to ride on the back of a sport team's (in this case Barcelona) in order to make themselves feel better.

****wits.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any supporter of an English football team is in any position to WUM Arsenal fans looking at the position their in.
    Man Utd: yet to play but down on agg
    Chelsea: knocked out of Europe before the quarters
    Liverpool: well...
    and any other teams really aren't in this league of WUM-age.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of them are thick and probably deranged, tbh.

I don't want to name names, of course

ReputationRep:
    He's actually done very well with his resources. Splendidly infact.
    Your right, I just decided it would be best to keep the insults on a childish, factless level so that Tsuk didn't become confused.
    And he at least has the sensibility to admit where another team has bested his. If I now go on to explain how Benitez is incapable of accepting criticism of his own methods, I'll be accused to trying to change the subject :facepalm2:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8229064.stm
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...remier-league1

I could go on.
    Wrt strong defensive midfielder... Well, have you heard our Song? We've only got one ffs...
    My point exactly. Wengers refusal to stick someone in there who can do the job properly, means your team gets overpowered at times thanks to your cavaleir footballing approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    I don't think any supporter of an English football team is in any position to WUM Arsenal fans looking at the position their in.
    Man Utd: yet to play but down on agg
    Chelsea: knocked out of Europe before the quarters
    Liverpool: well...
    and any other teams really aren't in this league of WUM-age.
    Just because someone makes a point you don't agree with, doesn't mean they are a WUM.

I've got better things to do with my life, than take the internet so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Aye, it seems quite pathetic.

My guess would be that they're too thick to derive some success from their own lives so they have to ride on the back of a sport team's (in this case Barcelona) in order to make themselves feel better.

****wits.
    It's equally pathetic how quickly you all decide that someone is on the WUM, just because they havent posted something about nice passing triangles, or Arsene Wengers incredible talent for spotting youngsters.

Just because someone has a negative point to make on your side, doesn't mean they are on a WU. I asked what you thought about Wengers reluctance to play a proper DM, but I was intrigued what you thought. Not so I could have a amusing image in my head of RobbieC headbutting the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    I don't think you should be taking potshots at peoples back up striker, when you have '4 sitters for a goal' Nicholas Bendtner.

Another trophyless season. Well done Arsene Wenger
    We are in contention for the EPL. As for the trophy jibe, liverpool hasnt won anything last season. Not only will they not win anyting this season they will not take the 4th CL spot. Besides you folks have spent more money on transfers and player wages than arsenal, and we still clowning on you.

Gerrard and torres will leave, when they do liverpool will only sink lower and lower, the next thing you know youll be battling relegation

Bendtner clowns on Ngog over and over again

ReputationRep:
    Bent > Bendter

Quite frankly, lanky freak cannot even control his own feet and probably cost you a crucial goal last night.

ReputationRep:
    It's equally pathetic how quickly you all decide that someone is on the WUM, just because they havent posted something about nice passing triangles, or Arsene Wengers incredible talent for spotting youngsters.

Just because someone has a negative point to make on your side, doesn't mean they are on a WU. I asked what you thought about Wengers reluctance to play a proper DM, but I was intrigued what you thought. Not so I could have a amusing image in my head of RobbieC headbutting the keyboard.
    Playing the victim?

****in' shocker.

I was just making a general point from the **** I've been glancing over from yesterday and today.

Now, having read through your comments -- The point about the DM was silly. Our two most resilient and toughest CMs (Cesc and Song) are injured. They're not injury-prone. It's realistic to think that you can't account for that sort of loss with like-for-like substitutes and thus accept that you're going to be weaker going into the game. Our DM was Denilson and when he did try to stick a foot-in and made an excellent sliding challenge early on, he was booked. It's then reasonable to assume that he feels if he makes another such challenge, he'll be booked again and get sent off.

If you have seen any Arsenal game this season, you'll know the pretty triangle **** is hardly ever on display. We are now seeing a more gritty, physical [add any other token footballing words that northerners love here] side. We haven't been pretty to watch. A midfield of Song, Diaby and Cesc doesn't suggest 'technical ability', it suggests 'physicality', and if you want proof -- ask any pub teams we've played this season because we've dispatched them with relative ease.

In sum, yeah, you're talking rubbish. There is no 'reluctance to play a DM' from Arsene. It's an old, useless argument. Out-dated by 15 months. These days it's almost the reverse -- we can easily pick up points against the cloggers but get played off the park by sides like Chelsea and Barcelona. And this is why we're 3 points off top place, with Arsene recognising how you're supposed to play against Hull, Stoke etc.

ReputationRep:

But it makes no sense as we regularly play Song in defensive midfield, he was just injured last night so Denilson took that role. However, Denilson is not a great DM and would be better off in the Cesc or Diaby role, which is why the defence didn't get much protection yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about the summer. Sellduardo,Merdia,Vela,Senderos and slyvestre. Bring in a good striker in addition to Chamak, also a central defender, a goalie and maybe a DM.

ReputationRep:

Lol don't get me started on Richard Keys, if he's not bumming Messi he's bumming everything Mourinho says!

ReputationRep:
    Ferdinand and Vidic both got penetrated twice, according to the ITV coms. :lol: Serves them right for being such *****.

ReputationRep:
    Thank the lord, anyone but United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Thank the lord, anyone but United
    Amen. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Playing the victim?

****in' shocker.

I was just making a general point from the **** I've been glancing over from yesterday and today.

Now, having read through your comments -- The point about the DM was silly. Our two most resilient and toughest CMs (Cesc and Song) are injured. They're not injury-prone. It's realistic to think that you can't account for that sort of loss with like-for-like substitutes and thus accept that you're going to be weaker going into the game. Our DM was Denilson and when he did try to stick a foot-in and made an excellent sliding challenge early on, he was booked. It's then reasonable to assume that he feels if he makes another such challenge, he'll be booked again and get sent off.

If you have seen any Arsenal game this season, you'll know the pretty triangle **** is hardly ever on display. We are now seeing a more gritty, physical [add any other token footballing words that northerners love here] side. We haven't been pretty to watch. A midfield of Song, Diaby and Cesc doesn't suggest 'technical ability', it suggests 'physicality', and if you want proof -- ask any pub teams we've played this season because we've dispatched them with relative ease.

In sum, yeah, you're talking rubbish. There is no 'reluctance to play a DM' from Arsene. It's an old, useless argument. Out-dated by 15 months. These days it's almost the reverse -- we can easily pick up points against the cloggers but get played off the park by sides like Chelsea and Barcelona. And this is why we're 3 points off top place, with Arsene recognising how you're supposed to play against Hull, Stoke etc.
    Wasn't that easy? You could of just done that the first time, instead of breaking down into tears over WUMs.

YNWA. I'm off to mourn the sunset.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.