Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That away goal is important, we can destroy them at the Emirates and reach the quarter finals but I think we will meet our end there unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with the winning goal. The referee could have been positioned better but everyone just switched off. You should have had a penalty before it but it shouldn't cost you the tie. 2-1 in any CL knockout away leg isn't a terrible result and Porto shouldn't be too hard to overcome at home, you'd think.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger talking ******** about the quick free kick, he has a point about it not being deliberate though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Wow, if you are saying that it shows how much of a joke it was.
    I've always said it straight

I would be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan - even if it was within the rules - though I am not sure it was. Ref gave them the ball to feet and didnt let Arsenal defend it.

ReputationRep:
    And a bloody women wins the ITV golden ticket? I feel sick to the core

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    i also think its reasnable to expect a free kick in the area to be played to the whistle like most free kicks
    The vast majority of free kicks aren't played to the whistle though. The only ones that tend to be are where the referee has stopped play to discipline or communicate with the players, where it's unclear what play was stopped for or where the offensive team chooses to slow down the play. Indirect freekicks are almost never played to the whistle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Wenger talking ******** about the quick free kick, he has a point about it not being deliberate though
    Yeah and Fabianski didn't deliberately score an own goal.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't deserve to win, didn't deserve to lose. Ye should finish them off in a few weeks time, ye need Song back for that game, tbph. Porto will set out to harry ye from the start, no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Wenger saying Sol accidently passed it back to Fabianski?

You guys will still win it though imo, comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    im too angry for words atm.. way to angry..wheres Jizzali?? say something stupid let me take my anger out on you

ReputationRep:
    That reporter asking Wenger about whether the ref was good enough for that level angers me.
    Blatantly trying to get him into trouble, that question was out of order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    The vast majority of free kicks aren't played to the whistle though. The only ones that tend to be are where the referee has stopped play to discipline or communicate with the players, where it's unclear what play was stopped for or where the offensive team chooses to slow down the play. Indirect freekicks are almost never played to the whistle.
    Maybe but its fair to say over the years a certain procedure has followed for how a free kick should be taken, so this was certainly unfair

I mean the referee got the ball back from the goalie, gave it to the opposition

he was even standing between cambpell and the free kick taker i think

ReputationRep:
    hmm....interesting game. i do dislike that referee, just for getting in the way of our efence second goal, and not playing to the whistle ffs. our defending was better than our recent form, im generally pleased with our defensive manouvres.
    i have come to the conclusion that we cannot cross. i think we would be better off playing similarly to Roma/Fiorentina, and having a swarm of 3 attacking mids in the centre instead, ready to move around and more importantly, SHOOT. at the end, Diaby should have seen that off from long. Bendtner had a decent cross in, but he scuffed the first touch- most strikers would have absolutely buried.

pleased with the performance overall i feel, but i think the same old problems faced by us in recent tough games are re-emerging, and a change of tactics is looking more in order now i feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    It doesn't matter if Fabianski scored the own goal deliberately, because you don't have to do it deliberately for it to count. A backpass however only concedes an indirect free kick if it is a deliberate passback. Nice understanding of football, guru.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what's your point here?

You understand football better than all of us apparently so surely you know the law regarding back passes?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain why the ref didnt allow us to at least build a wall

On top of that, he blocked sol campbell!

Sol always seems to look like hes tired. Am annoyed!

ReputationRep:
    LMAO @ both goals, hahahahaha

Campbell should have pushed the ref out the way and stopped the quick free kick in the first place + Fabianski should have held onto the ball (what a plank), you can't just roll the ball to the oppo then expect them to wait around for you to get organised.

ReputationRep:
    Pass me my baseball bat, I'm off to pay fabianski a visit.

ReputationRep:
    How to beat Arsenal (Porto style):

- Have plenty of men in the middle on the pitch because all Arsenall will do is try to pass there.

- Piss off Fabregas.

- Wait for their keeper to **** up.

I have no idea why Arsenal brought on Walcott and still didn't play with any width.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    im too angry for words atm.. way to angry..wheres Jizzali?? say something stupid let me take my anger out on you
    Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal ... That is the minimum depending on how many goals Chelsea want to score
    Porto 3 - 1 Arsenal
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Chelsea > Arsenal
    Porto < Arsenal
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Oh God, Zizali is at it again:

Fortune favours the brave...

Chelsea 1 - 2 Arsenal; Arshavin

Porto 1 - 1 Arsenal
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    whhaa?? porto beating Arsenal? All we have to do is put Alex Song on Hulk, and their main selling point is gone.
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Chelsea might beat us, but if Terry decides banging Bridge's wife is enough reason to miss the game then we've got an equally good chance of beating them.

Porto won't beat us. Hulk, Belluschi, Guarin, Falcao and Bruno Alves are the only reasonably good players in their squad. I see no reason why we can't beat them both home and away.
    Stupid enough?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.