Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Economist)
    Wenger talking ******** about the quick free kick, he has a point about it not being deliberate though
    :ditto: That's what I thought when I first saw it but the crappy ITV commentary team didn't even notice.

(Original post by Deshi)
    Why is Wenger saying Sol accidently passed it back to Fabianski?
    Because only intentional backpasses are fouls, and it's clear that Sol didn't mean to pass it back - it just hit his foot as he was shepherding it to Fabianski.

Porto didn't look like much; we'll take them at the Emirates. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of what went on in the Porto match you still have a valuable away goal nonetheless and this should not be forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    It doesn't matter if Fabianski scored the own goal deliberately, because you don't have to do it deliberately for it to count. A backpass however only concedes an indirect free kick if it is a deliberate passback. Nice understanding of football, guru.
    You know exactly what I meant. I meant we can make good points about why we lost but at the end of the day, we lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Can anyone explain why the ref didnt allow us to at least build a wall

On top of that, he blocked sol campbell!

Sol always seems to look like hes tired. Am annoyed!
    He doesn't have to.

He did not, Sol made no attempt to move.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what's your point here?

You understand football better than all of us apparently so surely you know the law regarding back passes?
    My point is, boo hiss. **** happens and if we are not good enough to be able to suffer bad luck whilst still being good enough to win games then it is not good enough to make excuses here and there.

ReputationRep:
    Their second shouldn't have stood. Ref clearly obstructed Campbell. Arsenal should also have had a penalty when Rosicky was fouled in the penalty box. Very bad luck more than anything tonight but I think you'll outscore Porto over the two legs. Another night in the CL where the ref is a liability. Frankly, it's extremely worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    You know exactly what I meant. I meant we can make good points about why we lost but at the end of the day, we lost.
    Well... yes. Yes we did. I think everyone else has seen that too. What's your point?

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Regardless of what went on in the Porto match you still have a valuable away goal nonetheless and this should not be forgotten.
    Exactly, the tie is still controllable and we're still looking go to go through. Even on their home ground they only scored through freak goals and their defence won't hold up at the Grove. Annoying result, but I'm confident we'll rectify it.

ReputationRep:
    My point is, boo hiss. **** happens and if we are not good enough to be able to suffer bad luck whilst still being good enough to win games then it is not good enough to make excuses here and there.

excuse me?? you come here, **** off our team without any constructive criticism or objective analysis that isnt born from your instinctive decision to be negative constantly, and you have the audacity to call yourself a supporter???? i've never been to an Arsenal (i'm Northern, dont shoot me lads!) game in my life, but i goddam love them more than you!

ReputationRep:
    what angers me more is fabiasnki though..cmon those were not difficult situations and he failed miserable..absolutely miserably

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sitting here listening to Jizzali carry on moaning when there's still 90 mins left in the tie. I'm going to bed. Will blog about why it wasn't a bad result tomorrow but I'm far too tired now.

ReputationRep:
    And a bloody women wins the ITV golden ticket? I feel sick to the core
    surname was **** too Change your name luv, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the second goal was debatable. I initially was shocked when the ref allowed it to stand, but having thought about it again it probably should be a goal. If the Porto players are ready to take the free kick quickly then the Arsenal defenders should be alert as well (especially Sol Campbell) but they just stood still really.

However, you guys should have had a penalty because Rosicky was definitely fouled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    excuse me?? you come here, **** off our team without any constructive criticism or objective analysis that isnt born from your instinctive decision to be negative constantly, and you have the audacity to call yourself a supporter???? i've never been to an Arsenal (i'm Northern, dont shoot me lads!) game in my life, but i goddam love them more than you!
    Maybe you do. My love has fallen for the club, but not because i'm a glory hunter. More because of a series of awful signings, awful tactics and awful excuses.

ReputationRep:
    Fabianski should've done far better with regards to the first goal and really should've caught it.

As for the second goal, why did Campbell switch off and where was the rest of the team - everyone simply switched off. I'm getting fed up with this, players were walking back, showing absolutely no passion to even consider crushing their counter. I'll concede that we should've had a penalty, however if the ref doesn't give it we cannot stop and start talking to him.

We weren't dangerous at all in the second half, and for a 30 minute peroid lost possession completely - what was that about?

-Campbell played very well and was, in my opinion, the man of the match.
    -Cesc was being hacked to pieces but still managed to shine.
    -Bendtner was nonexistent.
    -Diaby had a very good game and is turning into the next Vieira if he keeps this up.
    -Rosicky was 'okay', however, he lacked a 5th gear in his game.
    -Fabianski was unfortunate, having said that he needs to communicate better, the 2nd goal could've been avoided had he either told Campbell not to pass it or simply booted it away.
    -Walcott had 1 decent run, albeit, he was only on for 30 mins
    -Eboue should've been on since the start and proved right at the end why he deserves a first team place.
    -Clichy is getting better, but was caught off guard on several occasions due to their deadly counter attacks.
    -Sagna had a good game.
    -Vermaelen had a good game
    -Vela was apparently on the field at one point but was probably blown out the stadium, I didn't see him once.
    -Nasri needs to toughen the **** up.

Why was Wenger smiling as if he'd just won the CL at the end of the game - shaking hands and hugging the Porto manager?

Overall, I was disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    :Because only intentional backpasses are fouls, and it's clear that Sol didn't mean to pass it back - it just hit his foot as he was shepherding it to Fabianski.

Porto didn't look like much; we'll take them at the Emirates. :yes:
    Oh okay that makes sense. I didn't see it live and only saw the highlights a few minutes later were it looked like an intentional pass back.

You guys will still merk them when they come to the Emirates though I reckon, Porto relied on two pretty big mistakes to score which I can't see Arsenal doing much more of in the next game. Can see lots of goals.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you do. My love has fallen for the club, but not because i'm a glory hunter. More because of a series of awful signings, awful tactics and awful excuses.
    Why have I only ever seen you post when Arsenal do ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Their second shouldn't have stood. Ref clearly obstructed Campbell. Arsenal should also have had a penalty when Rosicky was fouled in the penalty box. Very bad luck more than anything tonight but I think you'll outscore Porto over the two legs. Another night in the CL where the ref is a liability. Frankly, it's extremely worrying.
    Don't start on poor officiating in the CL please. I'll turn into a psychopath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    This is the last time I'll bother quoting you because I'm sure most people don't need your stupidity highlighted.

If you can't see that the officials have cost us a 2-1 win there then you have completely and absolutely lost it.

You have actually quoted someone who said that we would be alright so long as Song would deal with Hulk, perhaps you weren't actually watching but Song wasn't even playing.

You predicted a 3-1 loss when we thought Gallas, Almunia, Arshavin and Song would all be fit, despite their lack of fitness it was only 2-1 and the difference between a 2-1 and 3-1 loss is massive in a tie like this. You were not spot on.

Why quote the Chelsea comments? Everyone was expecting a loss a week, 2 weeks before, those comments were made on the day of the match when you should be supporting your club.

You acknowledge your lack of support and seem to think this doesn't matter, it does, how can you call yourself a fan if you don't support a team. This is just another example of the last thing I'm going to say to you, you seem to think you have a profound understanding of the game, you don't. You constantly highlight such obvious things, but you take them to an extreme to get a reaction and then once the extreme doesn't happen you try and fall back on something similar but less extreme that people can't disagree with. Now please do what you said you'd do and **** off until the end of the season then come back to apologise to us all once we've managed to exceed the 72 points you predict we'll get. In fact I'll make a prediction of my own, you won't go away until the end of the season, you'll continue to come back whenever we start losing, we will exceed 72 points but won't win the league and rather than focus on a clearly wrong prediction of yours you will focus on how you were right that we didn't have enough points to win the league.

i am in agreement with you fully, but i hope you werent deriding me for my comments about Song/Hulk- they were made several weeks ago now. if not, carry on! :P

ReputationRep:
    ie 'i'm a glory hunter'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    This is the last time I'll bother quoting you because I'm sure most people don't need your stupidity highlighted.

If you can't see that the officials have cost us a 2-1 win there then you have completely and absolutely lost it.

You have actually quoted someone who said that we would be alright so long as Song would deal with Hulk, perhaps you weren't actually watching but Song wasn't even playing.

You predicted a 3-1 loss when we thought Gallas, Almunia, Arshavin and Song would all be fit, despite their lack of fitness it was only 2-1 and the difference between a 2-1 and 3-1 loss is massive in a tie like this. You were not spot on.

Why quote the Chelsea comments? Everyone was expecting a loss a week, 2 weeks before, those comments were made on the day of the match when you should be supporting your club.

You acknowledge your lack of support and seem to think this doesn't matter, it does, how can you call yourself a fan if you don't support a team. This is just another example of the last thing I'm going to say to you, you seem to think you have a profound understanding of the game, you don't. You constantly highlight such obvious things, but you take them to an extreme to get a reaction and then once the extreme doesn't happen you try and fall back on something similar but less extreme that people can't disagree with. Now please do what you said you'd do and **** off until the end of the season then come back to apologise to us all once we've managed to exceed the 72 points you predict we'll get. In fact I'll make a prediction of my own, you won't go away until the end of the season, you'll continue to come back whenever we start losing, we will exceed 72 points but won't win the league and rather than focus on a clearly wrong prediction of yours you will focus on how you were right that we didn't have enough points to win the league.
    If you want me to leave until the end of the season I will. But do me one thing in return. None of you quote me or speak of me. That's all I ask. The only reason I come back is when I get quoted or search myself to see another Arsenal thread comment about me. Leave me alone and I will leave, I promise.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.