Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Mime)
    That reporter asking Wenger about whether the ref was good enough for that level angers me.
    Blatantly trying to get him into trouble, that question was out of order.
    Indeed. The wording was a blatant attempt to get a reaction out of him. What a ****.

I don't think anyone is upset too greatly at the result, per se. Heck, that was my prediction. The away goal is critical and in that sense I'm relatively happy.

However, the manner in which we conceded both goals was preventable to say the least and our performance in the second half was embarrassing for a club claiming to have eyes for the European crown itself.

We got away lightly in that we once again demonstrated an impressive ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. Do that in London and the tie is dead. Survive, and do that in any later rounds against superior opposition and we will be absolutely crucified. These childish reactions have simply got to stop.

ReputationRep:
    Going by yesterday's logic, Porto had the same amount of shots on target as Arsenal and slightly more off target than Arsenal, thus they 'deserved' a win just as much. To be honest, from what I saw, Arsenal looked suspect all match - you gave the ball away loads, looked very dodgy when Porto players were running at you, and were outdone for pace on numerous occasions. Like United yesterday, you played nowhere near to your potential. Fabregas cared more about moaning to the ref and causing trouble than actually trying to play well, same for Nasri.

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why are Arsenal seemingly so reluctant to pull the trigger and shoot straight away? An example tonight was Diaby on one particular occasion. Ridiculous.

You should put them away at the Emirates. Have enough firepower to at least outscore Porto.

ReputationRep:

pathetic shudnt be repping England
    men against girly boys
    cant handle hostel atmassfears you lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Why have I only ever seen you post when Arsenal do ****?
    Because there are NOT my friends! I am not here to make friends online and then meet up in Regents Park to play football with them before going home and playing Football Manager with them. I play football with real friends and also play Football Manager network games with real friends. I am not a nerd like these guys. I don't want to make friends and therefore don't come on here when we win, I go to my real mates. The only reason why I am so negative in here is because of the way these guys treated me after my very first few comments I made here. Now look who is laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Not you, him, he tried to use that comment as an example of how we are all so deluded despite that fact that Song wasn't even playing lol.
    oh fair enough lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Their second shouldn't have stood. Ref clearly obstructed Campbell. Arsenal should also have had a penalty when Rosicky was fouled in the penalty box. Very bad luck more than anything tonight but I think you'll outscore Porto over the two legs. Another night in the CL where the ref is a liability. Frankly, it's extremely worrying.
    Me and you seem to be the only ones ****ging off the ref

Is this WUMing gone wrong? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Don't start on poor officiating in the CL please. I'll turn into a psychopath.
    I'm just waiting for the user Barca to spring up in this thread and maintain his denial over the CL semi-final 2nd leg affair last season Yes, that one. Despicable officiating really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)

Roffle.

ReputationRep:
    Team was pretty average today. But its expected seeing as we had song, gallas, and the rest out. I thought rosicky played well though. He shoots unlike our other players.

Eboue should have at least come on between 60-75 mins. Eboue is a legend

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out that saying his name three times will summon him. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a goalkeeper myself, Fabianski got the wrong technique for the first goal. He tried to fall on top of the ball which is always going to be risky.

He should have instead got an arm to block the path of the ball into the net initially as it didn't have all that much power on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)

I'm concerned about the standard of officiating in the CL tbh. This week has done nothing to quash my anxieties. There was some crumble on display tonight, courtesy of my man Fabianski. Also crumble from the man in black. I wish referees were more invisible, no such thing as invisible officials in the CL these days. Damn them. Stand out like a sore thumb through sheer incompetence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruce_t89)
    Okay, the second goal was debatable. I initially was shocked when the ref allowed it to stand, but having thought about it again it probably should be a goal. If the Porto players are ready to take the free kick quickly then the Arsenal defenders should be alert as well (especially Sol Campbell) but they just stood still really.

However, you guys should have had a penalty because Rosicky was definitely fouled.
    I agree. If it was the other way round and Arsenal had scored a goal like that I would be fuming if it was disallowed. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm also actually quite glad now that Wenger didn't sell Eboue when Atletico offered £8million for him. Versatile and agile, and a very handy squad player. Seems to have lost the crybaby attitude he had during the first couple of seasons.

ReputationRep:
    How old is Fabianski? The way the ITV commentators were going on, you'd have thought it was a teenager making his professional debut
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Throwback)
    How old is Fabianski? The way the ITV commentators were going on, you'd have thought it was a teenager making his professional debut
    Unfortunately he played like one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I'm just waiting for the user Barca to spring up in this thread and maintain his denial over the CL semi-final 2nd leg affair last season Yes, that one. Despicable officiating really.
    Depending how blue tinted my glasses are that case may not be the only one. It's just, all the money in the game, and the officiating is substandard to other sports who aren't as financially resourced. Wonder how long it will take for Blatter's token comment, "We must improve refereeing" to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    He's 25 soon.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's 24ish but we aren't all that bothered seeing as Szczesny will be back soon. :p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.