Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No Gallas, Arshavin or Diaby today. I still think we'll take it 2-0 though.

I can't express just how delighted I am that Sunderland are without Cattermole.

ReputationRep:
    The title race begins

One of the good things to come out of the Diaby injury, is the return of Denilson for these last games. No, I'm not on drugs. Denilson plays a very simple game, which is very effective against lower opposition. What we need to be now is as focused as ever. We can win the title, but the key now is concentration. While Diaby is clearly the more talented player, Denilson in a sense is more reliable. Denilson, Song and Cesc, is a more defensive trio, but tbf, I think this is what we need now. Bendtner needs to prove his worth, and hopefully he can follow the same success Anelka had during 97/98. We have everything we need. No hard games, and only a 6 point gap. If they don't put out a good challenge now, I'll be very worried for our future. I want to see today:

Almunia

Sagna Campbell Vermaelen Clichy

Denilson Fabregas Song

Eboue Bendtner Rosicky

I'm going with 3-0 to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Can we have a single ******* day where people don't totally overreact and blow Almunia's goalkeeping errors out of all proportion. He isn't that ******* bad. Jesus.

Yes its hyperbole, but we do need a better keeper than him.
    Ah well, other than perhaps pilfering David James - who isn't exactly clanger free - we're stuck with Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone.

Sunderland today, they're missing some big players and are in poor form recently so here's hoping we can put them away pretty easily. I hope Ramsey starts rather than Denilson. Unlikely I realise..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    The title race begins

One of the good things to come out of the Diaby injury, is the return of Denilson for these last games. No, I'm not on drugs. Denilson plays a very simple game, which is very effective against lower opposition. What we need to be now is as focused as ever. We can win the title, but the key now is concentration. While Diaby is clearly the more talented player, Denilson in a sense is more reliable. Denilson, Song and Cesc, is a more defensive trio, but tbf, I think this is what we need now. Bendtner needs to prove his worth, and hopefully he can follow the same success Anelka had during 97/98. We have everything we need. No hard games, and only a 6 point gap. If they don't put out a good challenge now, I'll be very worried for our future. I want to see today:

Almunia

Denilson Fabregas Song

Eboue Bendtner Rosicky

I very much agree with you there. But Eboue isn't going to start on the right wing, he's far more effective from the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger starts with Walcott there, as Sunderland's defence isn't the quickest, and Song can as always give Sagna some cover down that right-hand-side.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed that Saha can put the United defence to the sword, like he did against Chelsea. Come on Everton, do us a favour! Oh, and hoping to see some good things from Bendtner in the next few games.

ReputationRep:
    I think Eboue should start, and so agree with Tony's team.

I am concerned about Sunderland's pacey frontline, though, and Campbells lack of pace. But he may be able to stick like glue to Kenwyne and let Vermaelen kick Bent to pieces.

You are all forgetting that scrabbling rubbish like Sunderland thrive off of turning up twice a season only against Arsenal. They absolutely love capitulating at Stamford Bridge, but nah... go for it at the Emirates, let's definitely NOT capitulate this time.

It is just ******* typical.

3-1 Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Sunderland will turn up with their pants down, just as so many clubs seem to do when playing Arsenal. It's just that Arsenal all too often seem reluctant, hesitant, to take advantage and stick it to the opposition. Arsenal need to adopt a 'shoot on sight' policy as too often they get in good positions and don't prove clinical enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Nah, Sunderland will turn up with their pants down, just as so many clubs seem to do when playing Arsenal. It's just that Arsenal all too often seem reluctant, hesitant, to take advantage and stick it to the opposition. Arsenal need to adopt a 'shoot on sight' policy as too often they get in good positions and don't prove clinical enough.
    It's just not true tbh. Sunderland, Hull, Bolton and Stoke go ******* crazy trying to get points off us... whereas they allow United and Chelsea the easy three points.

It's a disgrace and the PL should look into it. But they hate us, so won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    The title race begins

Almunia

Denilson Fabregas Song

Eboue Bendtner Rosicky

lol doubt that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's just not true tbh. Sunderland, Hull, Bolton and Stoke go ******* crazy trying to get points off us... whereas they allow United and Chelsea the easy three points.

Really getting that desperate, huh?

ReputationRep:
    0-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Really getting that desperate, huh?
    You seem very frustrated over something... you wanna talk about it, hun? :console:

ReputationRep:

such 'anti-football' teams :rolleyes: go crazy because you drop your own pants. You drop your pants by downright refusing to defend, refusing to shoot and instead choose to pass the ball around in pretty circles.

RobbieC you're awfully crumbly today What's gotten into you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    such 'anti-football' teams :rolleyes: go crazy because you drop your own pants. You drop your pants by downright refusing to defend, refusing to shoot and instead choose to pass the ball around in pretty circles.

RobbieC you're awfully crumbly today What's gotten into you?
    I'm as crumbly as ever... need to keep shedding off the crumbly layer of skin you see.

And it's nothing of the sort. I would love to see some statistics over distance covered by pub teams against Arsenal and then against Chelsea ffs. It enrages me how much they fight. Should just roll over.

May as well have the top 10 teams play in a separate league, Collymore rules only.

I am here because I have heard that there is an inordinate amount of sex and depravity. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I am here because I have heard that there is an inordinate amount of sex and depravity. :sexface:
    *** inside why don't you :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    It's like a massive gay Russian orgy film in here. :sexface:

*** inside why don't you :sexface:
    I have entered. :sexface: Now show me why I should remain within.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I have entered. :sexface: Now show me why I should remain within.
    Around 3pm today, something like this:

ReputationRep:
    This is precisely why I spend more time in the Arsenal thread than any other on TSR. It's so hot in here. Sheer mucky filth.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.