Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Eboue is :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: Had an absolutely amazing game but even if he had scored 3 own goals they still would have been singing his name
    Eboue is a F****** legend.
    That's probably a bit over the top lol. I'm sure he WOULD get booed if he played really badly seeing as our crowd is so fickle. He is a legend though and he actually tries really hard which a lot more than some players can say. It's great to see him busting a gut to get down the wing and then back again when the ball is lost. Plus we only go to see Eboue

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but after watching the Wolves v Chelsea game on MOTD, I don't understand why they've been bigging up Cech's performance. You would expect a goalkeeper to deal with everything he dealt with today. In fact, it's rare that I don't make saves like that week in, week out and I am by no means a world-class goalkeeper.

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I'm sorry, but after watching the Wolves v Chelsea game on MOTD, I don't understand why they've been bigging up Cech's performance. You would expect a goalkeeper to deal with everything he dealt with today. In fact, it's rare that I don't make saves like that week in, week out and I am by no means a world-class goalkeeper.
    It was the same with his performance against Arsenal. Shows how far he has fallen for performances like that to be labelled as 'world class'. He is seriously over-hyped, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    It was the same with his performance against Arsenal. Shows how far he has fallen for performances like that to be labelled as 'world class'. He is seriously over-hyped, imo.
    Another clueless scouser.

ReputationRep:
    Even Almunia?

Didn't think so...

Cech was our playmaker today, as well as being the sound goalkeeper he always is. Actually, name me another goalkeeper whose distribution is as good as Cech's?

(Original post by cfc1992)
    Even Almunia?

Didn't think so...

Cech was our playmaker today, as well as being the sound goalkeeper he always is. Actually, name me another goalkeeper whose distribution is as good as Cech's?
    Reina's distribution is much better. Surely even you can agree on this?

Cech may have set up a goal today but Reina does that all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I love how MOTD are spinning it so that it seems like Walcott had a good game... :toofunny:

S'pose they can't show the 500 times he messed up.

Still, with a run in the team, I think he can only improve. The question is whether he can stay fit enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellas :love:

I've missed loads of Arsenal games :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Watching MOTD also, who does Eboue think he is?

ReputationRep:
    Eboue is just so awesome at charging at the defence, no one can tackle him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Watching MOTD also, who does Eboue think he is?
    :toofunny:

He only has one trick, really. It's baffling how the defence can't read it. He will NEVER go onto his left foot...just keep showing him inside and he can't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Reina's distribution is much better. Surely even you can agree on this?

Cech may have set up a goal today but Reina does that all the time.
    No, I can't. Cech's been kicking those 70-90 yard balls up to Drogba since he came! We wouldn't ever play the long ball system without Cech and Drogba - one that has served us so well in plenty of matches down the years.

Reina's a keeper with one of the best distributions in the league, no doubt about that, although his accuracy can sometimes be called into question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Even Almunia?

Didn't think so...

I wasn't mentioning Almunia's performance, I'm more than aware that's not our strongest position :p:

Reina certainly has distribution as good as Cech, but Drogba is the main reason that Cech's seems good, because he is able to outmuscle defenders in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

He only has one trick, really. It's baffling how the defence can't read it. He will NEVER go onto his left foot...just keep showing him inside and he can't do anything.
    Are we still talking about Eboue because you seem to be describing Walcott :teehee:

I really hope Walcott gets some real form in the final stages of the season as I don't trust Lennon to start World Cup games and Joe Cole is miles off the pace.

ReputationRep:
    FFS did Lawro just fancy us for the title? :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I think Alan Hansen was bullied by an Arsenal supporter as a kid, he has such a grudge for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    Reina certainly has distribution as good as Cech, but Drogba is the main reason that Cech's seems good, because he is able to outmuscle defenders in the air.
    Well, it's certainly not as accurate, and often not as far up the pitch. No, it really isn't, Cech's accuracy is superb. Literally, superb. It often lands right on Drogba's foot, without too much effort from Didier himself. Even at times when Drogba let that route down (Eg West Ham away) - Cech kept putting those balls 70 yards onto Drogba's feet - the ball just wasn't sticking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Are we still talking about Eboue because you seem to be describing Walcott :teehee:

I really hope Walcott gets some real form in the final stages of the season as I don't trust Lennon to start World Cup games and Joe Cole is miles off the pace.
    Lennon is far better than Theo, I reckon. I'm a huge England fan and obviously I'd like Theo to play but if I was Capello I wouldn't pick him. Theo will have to go ****ing mental in these last 11 games if he's going to get on the plane.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon is far better than Theo, I reckon. I'm a huge England fan and obviously I'd like Theo to play but if I was Capello I wouldn't pick him. Theo will have to go ****ing mental in these last 11 games if he's going to get on the plane.
    I don't rate either of them but the distinct lack of options means one of them will be starting games. Considering the apparant wealth of options available when McLaren sacked Beckham it's looking dire, but at least Walcott has some worthwhile international experience and if Sven's masterplan of taking him to Germany in 2006 pays off it could be a great summer for him.

Walcott has started the games for England when fit, whilst he's been injured the position has been rotated about a bit to little or no success. He is a proper Good English Lad though so I'll consider him an honorary Villa player and it's always nice to see Villa players on the plane :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    FFS did Lawro just fancy us for the title? :banghead:
    I know. I nearly choked on a pringle

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.