Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No Wilkinson for Stoke next weekend, means one less dirty **** to worry about at least. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Eboue is :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: Had an absolutely amazing game but even if he had scored 3 own goals they still would have been singing his name
    Eboue is a F****** legend.
    Lol. No he wouldn't. Do you not remember when he was getting routinely booed, so much so Wenger had to sub him off just to stop your fans abusing him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    No Wilkinson for Stoke next weekend, means one less dirty **** to worry about at least. :top:
    You think they only have one dirty **** at right back? They have a ******* armada tbph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    You think they only have one dirty **** at right back? They have a ******* armada tbph
    I said one less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    Lol. No he wouldn't. Do you not remember when he was getting routinely booed, so much so Wenger had to sub him off just to stop your fans abusing him?
    I think we all remember.

Then again your lot gave the team a complete ********** for drawing at home in November a year back.

Cheek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    I love how MOTD are spinning it so that it seems like Walcott had a good game... :toofunny:

S'pose they can't show the 500 times he messed up.

Still, with a run in the team, I think he can only improve. The question is whether he can stay fit enough.
    Been awhile since I've seen him play. I'd forgotten how bloody rapid he was.. Now if only he could work out what to do with the ball..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Been awhile since I've seen him play. I'd forgotten how bloody rapid he was.. Now if only he could work out what to do with the ball..
    Tbh, I (Overmars) never knew what to do with the ball. Bergkamp/Kanu just used to play pin-point passes to play Overmars through on goal. He hardly ever used to properly beat players...all he had was pace.

I still think Theo is more of an athlete than a footballer but he does have a decent shot on him. I am convinced if he was playing at Man Utd, Chelsea or Villa, he'd be twice the player he is at the moment. Our style should be adapted to exploit his pace. It's a very easy 'out ball' when we're struggling with our tippy-tappy rubbish....a better 'plan B' than 'hoof it up to Bendtner', anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I said one less.
    But seeing as a football team consists of 11 players, and Stoke have an infinite amount of scrotes to select as part of this team, there will not be one less, but exactly the same amount

Spoiler:
    Show
    apart from Ricardo Fuller, who is a god :coma:

ReputationRep:
    apart from Ricardo Fuller, who is a god
    One league goal this season says it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I think we all remember.

Then again your lot gave the team a complete ********** for drawing at home in November a year back.

Cheek.
    I know - drawing at home and going top of the league... Was disgraceful booing in that respect. Though you could say Chelsea were floundering and we just couldn't ram home the advantage so there was a large element of frustration there.

What I disagreed with most in that much was the targetting of Lucas for abuse, the clamouring for Alonso before even 25 minutes were up. Lucas was one of the better players that day. Lucas impresses me so much, always has given the abuse he always gets levelled at him. He is really underrated and undervalued by a lot of people, like a central midfield version of Kuyt. That he just gets on with and has been our best midfielder this season is a testament to him. If he played in an Arsenal side, people would be waxing lyrical about him.. just we haven't had the personnel available to maximise his abilities but for a few games. The erly humpings of Stoke, Burnley.. Hull - pretty much thank Lucas for those but no-one does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    One league goal this season says it all
    If he had scored the goals that took your Stoke team to 7th on FM, you would feel differently tbh

ReputationRep:
    I still think Theo is more of an athlete than a footballer but he does have a decent shot on him. I am convinced if he was playing at Man Utd, Chelsea or Villa, he'd be twice the player he is at the moment. Our style should be adapted to exploit his pace. It's a very easy 'out ball' when we're struggling with our tippy-tappy rubbish....a better 'plan B' than 'hoof it up to Bendtner', anyway.
    That's why I think he looks more effective as a sub. Not only are defenders more tired but we play more of a counter attacking game and there's more space to run into. Close control isn't Theo's thing at the moment, more a chip and chase approach (see the assist vs. Lpool couple of years back). Play him down the middle with half an hour to go with us defending a lead and knock balls over the top for him to chase. He'd fill his boots.

ReputationRep:
    If he had scored the goals that took your Stoke team to 7th on FM, you would feel differently tbh
    I would never have a Stoke team on FM. Glory hunter tbph. Blue Square South is where the real action is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    I would never have a Stoke team on FM. Glory hunter tbph. Blue Square South is where the real action is.
    Dorchester Town and Salisbury City. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Dorchester Town and Salisbury City.
    Farnborough getting promoted from the league below and taking them over with no players :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Our style should be adapted to exploit his pace. It's a very easy 'out ball' when we're struggling with our tippy-tappy rubbish....a better 'plan B' than 'hoof it up to Bendtner', anyway.
    This, kinda. I agree that our team don't use Theo properly, they insist on treating him like Rosicky/Nasri and playing it into his feet when his back is turned to the goal. He doesn't want that, it fails to exploit his strengths and he is rubbish at the short passing game the rest of the team plays. Even Tibetan monks that have spent the last 2 decades in solitary mediation at the top of a mountain know that Walcott's main asset is his pace, so for Christ's sake, let him use it guys. What was good about today was the way Eboue linked up with him, he wasn't afraid to give the ball to him when he was in space and able to turn and run at the defence (lead to a good shooting opportunity) or play it into space and let Theo have a race against the fullback (lead to 2 good shooting opportunities).

He offers something different to the rest of our players, even if he isn't as "good" right now, the fact that he is making defences make a choice between maintaining shape against the passing game and positioning themselves to be able to catch him if he goes for it is enough to earn him a rotation spot. If we start actually playing to his strengths and using those balls into space, not only will that create more space in the middle 10 yards which is the only place the rest of the team can do anything, ever, he'll be more effective himself and start producing the goods.

He'll be great with England with a whole cast of GELs pumping it into the biggest patch of green they can see in the absence of any real skill, but Lennon is the favourite to get the first team slot atm.

ReputationRep:
    I should never underestimate Bendy again. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Bendy... is he still getting stacks of abuse or is he winning people round? I'd love to have him at Liverpool, always been an admirer of his.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    Speaking of Bendy... is he still getting stacks of abuse or is he winning people round? I'd love to have him at Liverpool, always been an admirer of his.
    How the mighty have fallen...

Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    How the mighty have fallen...

Really?
    Ey?

I've been saying this ever since he arrived to Arsenal as a 16 year old. Even now I think he would be a fantastic foil for Torres, but we've signed Jovanovic and N'gog has come on awesome this season.

edit: and speaking of mighty fallen.. you got Owen for chrissakes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.