The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

El Stevo
Ey?

I've been saying this ever since he arrived to Arsenal as a 16 year old. Even now I think he would be a fantastic foil for Torres, but we've signed Jovanovic and N'gog has come on awesome this season.

edit: and speaking of mighty fallen.. you got Owen for chrissakes.

Jovanovic could be the new Voronin, for chrissakes. :wink:
ngog is a joke of a second striker tbh
El Stevo
edit: and speaking of mighty fallen.. you got Owen for chrissakes.

I'll happily have Owen sitting on the bench for the Hail Mary moments and the odd bit of squad rotation.
Owen should play, he has more potential than Barbtov.
Kevmeister
Jovanovic could be the new Voronin, for chrissakes. :wink:

Possibly.

Voronin is quite a good footballer, his problem was he had Gerrard playing in his ideal position. Ukraine was built around him in that position and behind Shevchenko and he was immense. Was immense at Hertha too.

Jovanovic is just an unknown quantity. No doubt he will be lambasted for not being David Villa either.
cfc1992
ngog is a joke of a second striker tbh

It's not like we can afford to have someone better. Bellamy, Crouch they both wanted more gametime that we couldn't promise either with Torres as #9.

Robbie Keane flopped big time. He just couldn't handle it. N'gog is doing far better than he, cost 5% of the price and has scored the same amount of goals in less appearances and bigger games this season and has far more potential than for example, Michael Owen - United's reserve striker.

I'm quite happy with N'gog as a backup to Torres in a 451. The thing we are missing is, a pair of strikers who can play when Torres is injured and to alleviate pressure on N'gog. Kuyt is good for one of them and hopefullly Jovanovic can be the other.
Honestly, i dont understand why bendtner is getting so much praise. He might have scored but imo it was still a vintage bendtner perfomance - poor first touch, careless passing, getting beat in the air too many times and the usual tricks and flicks that dont come off. I dont see him ever becoming a good player for us.

If wenger plays silvestre against stoke then we'll get raped, he got away with murder today......3 times.
Reply 1327
TMDaines
I'll happily have Owen sitting on the bench for the Hail Mary moments and the odd bit of squad rotation.
...and for the rainy days when Rooney gets injured?

No depth in the forward position, United, just like Liverpool. Just gotten away with it because of a fortuitous lack of injuries to the frontline this term.

And Overmars, are you ******* serious? Did Hansen write us off again, while Lawro actually said he fancied us?

Oh Lawro :sexface:
Wheres jizzer?
Reply 1329
He's clearly partying over our victory today. Probably definitely is not bitter at all.
You guys actually have a chance of becoming 2nd or even win the league! I'd never thought i'd never say this.
Reply 1331
Double negative?

I never lost hope. I won't ever lose hope.

Every chance. Just hope the players have the same belief within them.
Reply 1332
JK_91
Probably resting him tbh, Nazza seems to keep picking up little injuries and so struggles with consistency but from the last couple of weeks where he has been fit we have seen him just look better and better, whilst taking him off was not ideal it at least preserves him for next week's vital game. Perhaps we should have killed the game before taking him off but meh, in the end we got the result and we've got an injury free Nasri, I'm not complaining tbh.

Overmars
Tiredness? Nasri started against Porto in mid-week...

Yeah I guess that's why, but I wouldn't have risked it until 2 nil as you say jk91 - that game was far too close - a lot of that to do with the changes imo. Didn't think we looked like scoring after nasri went - the pen at the end came out of nowhere..
Reply 1333
marcusmerehay
I imagine it's the same reason that Rosicky hasn't been being given full games, they've both had pretty major injuries and keep getting niggles, so it's important to keep them fresh.

If Nasri finds a decent run of form then Wenger really has a selection headache on the wings, with Arshavin to come back and Eboue and Rosicky already on top form.

Haha you wish that's a headache! Nasri + Rosicky easy, Arshavin doesn't deserve an auto place he has to earn it again. Eboue definitely has a place in the squad but don't think it'll ever be first team. But today was definitely a massive step in the right direction for him + he probably gets more following from the fans than any other player atm..
Reply 1334
Good game yesterday, but again, we should have killed it off earlier. Eboue is fantastic. :biggrin:
Reply 1335
Not a good show last night, but a win is a win. Go good old Arsenal!

Imo Stoke away we have to win, and Chelsea need to not win at OT.

Liverpool and City also need to force Chelsea to drop points, unless a relegation battler can manage an upset at some point.

Saying that, our run in will be made harder - as will everyones - by the increasing pressure on lower teams, who will begin to fight for their lives.
Manyoo being held by Chel$ki at OT will be the perfect result for us.
Doesn't the awarding of your penalty yesterday madden you? I know you haven't had much luck of late wrt penalties not being awarded that should have been, but the foul on your player (I forget who) happened outside the penalty area, rofl. It again highlights the sheer inconsistency in the standard of officiating. Anyway, nice to see Sunderland pull down their pants and open themselves for a bit of anal. Shame Everton didn't do the same but they were up against the champions and they always turn up for the big occasion.

Latest