Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm trying to convince my friend that Nasri is actually helpful to the team and contributes a fair amount. Any suggestions to what I can say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Hey, I'm trying to convince my friend that Nasri is actually helpful to the team and contributes a fair amount. Any suggestions to what I can say?
    If he's a United supporter, may I suggest the brace fantasique?

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot really. He has been average at best this season, I have been disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    He has been injured quite a lot though, when he has played I'd say he has looked pretty good, certainly one of the best out there yesterday.
    very true there..he does need to work on end product though..beginning to look like a hleb

ReputationRep:
    FFS Hleb had "end product"! He is exactly the type of player that allows you to dominate games. Just because he won't score you points on fantasy football doesn't mean he isn't incredibly useful. With Hleb, you knew he'd always make the right decision, and you knew he'd never lose the ball whilst dragging a few defenders to him.

Nasri is doing fine. He's being out-shone by the consistently excellent Rosicky, but he looks to be on the way to regaining form considering his last two performances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    FFS Hleb had "end product"! He is exactly the type of player that allows you to dominate games. Just because he won't score you points on fantasy football doesn't mean he isn't incredibly useful. With Hleb, you knew he'd always make the right decision, and you knew he'd never lose the ball whilst dragging a few defenders to him.

Nasri is doing fine. He's being out-shone by the consistently excellent Rosicky, but he looks to be on the way to regaining form considering his last two performances.
    I might be blinded for my great love for Black Messi™ but isn't Eboue more productive than both Rosicky and Nasri?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I might be blinded for my great love for Black Messi™ but isn't Eboue more productive than both Rosicky and Nasri?
    What is "more productive"? He's the most direct of the bunch, yes. But while it paid off against a piss poor Sunderland side, I wouldn't fancy Eboue to get much success against better defences. He only has one trick...once a half-decent defender has figured that out, Eboue's ****ed. On the other hand, Rosicky has the ability to perform well against any team because his game doesn't rely on one trick. He has a much better passing range, shot and he does his bit in defence. Eboue played well in the last game, but he does have the tendency to do some pretty stupid things.

Starting Eboue against the proper pub teams is probably a good idea though. Eboue is more likely to be able to run full-pelt for the 90 mins and a good engine is vital to tire-out the pub teams. For important games like the second leg V Porto, I'd play Rosicky/Nasri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

Agreed Hleb actually had come good in the year before he left. He just had a tendency to eat other peoples ice cream. Now look where he is. I'm convinced that if we had both him and Flamini in the side now we'd be closer to the top. Imagine the team:

---------------Almunia--------------
    Sagna----Gallas---Vermaelen--Clichy
    ---------------Song----------------
    ----------Cesc----Flamini-----------
    Hleb------------------------Arshavin
    --------------Van Persie------------

Bench:
    Fabianski
    Eboue
    Djourou
    Diaby
    Rosicky
    Nasri
    Bendtner

That midfield could of caused some serious destruction. Alas they went for the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Agreed Hleb actually had come good in the year before he left. He just had a tendency to eat other peoples ice cream. Now look where he is. I'm convinced that if we had both him and Flamini in the side now we'd be closer to the top. Imagine the team:

---------------Almunia--------------
    Sagna----Gallas---Vermaelen--Clichy
    ---------------Song----------------
    ----------Cesc----Flamini-----------
    Hleb------------------------Arshavin
    --------------Van Persie------------

Bench:
    Fabianski
    Eboue
    Djourou
    Diaby
    Rosicky
    Nasri
    Bendtner

That midfield could of caused some serious destruction. Alas they went for the money.
    With Ramsey/Diaby/Cesc/Song, we have a better midfield now. And Rosicky is better than Hleb. :holmes:. At least we have Arshavin, Rosicky and Nasri who are not scared of shooting. Our problems this season have been the forward role.

Hopefully a fully fit Chamakh/RVP/Eduardo/Bendtner put an end to that next season.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we can go on winning streak and get second tbh tbf. Manyoo aren't firing on all cylinders and tbh we look competitive. It's the easy run in that's inspiring the confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Why aim for second? We're 2 points behind Utd who have a comparatively ridiculous run in, we should be looking at it as if second is ours and we're going for first.
    Chelsea are far far far too good to slip up. I don't see it happening tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Hopefully we can go on winning streak and get second tbh tbf. Manyoo aren't firing on all cylinders and tbh we look competitive. It's the easy run in that's inspiring the confidence.
    Manyoo have all their big games at home. Just the one against Man City they've got away. Chelsea's games look ****in tough. Can only hope the 'big games' (games between Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City) get many draws and then we could be in with a shout. The game against Stoke next week is ****ing massive...win that, and we'll probably go on a decent run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    With Ramsey/Diaby/Cesc/Song, we have a better midfield now. And Rosicky is better than Hleb. :holmes:. At least we have Arshavin, Rosicky and Nasri who are not scared of shooting. Our problems this season have been the forward role.

Hopefully a fully fit Chamakh/RVP/Eduardo/Bendtner put an end to that next season.
    Wishful thinking, surely? Or do you mean just one of those four being fit at any one time?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, to think any of our plays will be fit is nonsense guys... We need to start including Jay Simpson in the forwards depth chart ffs

ReputationRep:
    Nacer Barazite :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Nacer isn't really a striker from what I've seen + I'd rank him above Afobe in terms of quality anyway.

...and yeah he is :coma:
    Barazite has more AM qualities..

ReputationRep:
    A date in my diary:

- 6th March - The day Cork outclasses Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    A date in my diary:

- 6th March - The day Cork outclasses Fabregas.
    Yeah, and the following day Fuller/Ibrahim will outclass Drogba.

Dream on mate, a single performance means nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Yeah, and the following day Fuller/Ibrahim will outclass Drogba.

Dream on mate, a single performance means nothing.
    Stop feeding the WUMmer, it only encourages him. Just remind him how fat frank is and ask him how many little John Terry's and Cashley ****'s there are running around.

ReputationRep:
    Well, taking the wumming nature away from that post, it'll be an excellent test for him. I don't know why you've said a single performance means nothing when I've seen him progress up through the football leagues, watched him on international duty and in the reserves down the years! Was very good as a sub against Fulham too. Obviously it's a very steep road for him to the first team at Chelsea, but one that isn't fully closed off.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.