Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Very good article about Walcott:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2865/...han-just-pace-

ReputationRep:
    Wenger considering selling Clichy?
    Maybe things are finally reaching critical stages where action must be taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    What was that about staying away if people weren't talking about you?
    I saw some news and thought I would report it. I'm not giving my opinion to provoke argument.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt that's going to happen. He's just going through a bad patch at the moment, certainly hasn't done much worse than Eduardo who's got a long-term contract for all his goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxaxap)
    Doubt that's going to happen. He's just going through a bad patch at the moment, certainly hasn't done much worse than Eduardo who's got a long-term contract for all his goals.
    Eduardo can play almost anywhere across the frontline, Clichy is purely a left back. If it's true then it's a strange one, almost un-Wenger like, tbh. And please don't mention Cashley as a counter-argument.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start a cult to sacrifice Clichy to Alidia, the god of plumbers masquerading as footballers.

ReputationRep:
    Competition for Clichy would be better, rather than a replacement. When Clichy is playing poor, he should be dropped, unfortunately we don't have the personel to do that now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxaxap)
    He's had one great season since 2003. It's 2010. It's more than a bad patch, he has defensive problems, and I don't think anyone can call him a good defender.

ReputationRep:
    Eduardo has immediately-apparent class, unlike Clichy.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Those 7 league goals (that is, 1 ahead of Vermaelen) that he has scored for Arsenal in all his time here screams 'class'. We don't half over-hype our bunch...

I'm not saying we should get rid of them, but lets not pretend they've been good enough. I sympathise in Eduardo's case but, quite frankly, an injury prone player isn't of much use to us.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I mis-spoke. :p:

What I meant was that when he's fit and has a run in the side, you can see by his finishing ability that there is something about him.

ReputationRep:
    I like Eduardo a lot. He needs to play with a partner in a 4-4-2. He's useless as a lone striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    To say he has had 1 good season since '03 is harsh, he was initially good and just got better and better until the end of 07-08 but since then has just lost it.
    Fair enough.

However within all those decent seasons he has had, it was always clear he was mistake prone. It doesn't really matter how good you are as a defender, you're only as good as the mistakes you make.

ReputationRep:
    The Adebayor-Eduardo partnership was working very well before the injury, but I don't think Wenger will go back to 4-4-2 now, he's slowly been introducing the current formation for years now and looks set on it. It has helped some players like Song and Diaby but players like Walcott and Eduardo would probably be better playing off someone up front.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that Eboue should be played ahead of Sagna at RB ?

Offensively he is much better and good at the back.

Sagna is poor at going forward now, although his defence is solid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Competition for Clichy would be better, rather than a replacement. When Clichy is playing poor, he should be dropped, unfortunately we don't have the personel to do that now.
    Thanks to an injury, not right now, no.

But if next season Gibbs was first choice I'd be over the moon. He's going to be an absolutely top draw player very, very soon.

That's not to say I'm not interested as to what would happen to Gael with a decent keeper behind him; competition for the place per se I really don't think is an issue, however.

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of Arsenal supporters put Eboue on a pedestal now because they feel bad about the way they treated him previously? As I don't remember anybody particulary liking him until the 'incident'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Thanks to an injury, not right now, no.

But if next season Gibbs was first choice I'd be over the moon. He's going to be an absolutely top draw player very, very soon.

That's not to say I'm not interested as to what would happen to Gael with a decent keeper behind him; competition for the place per se I really don't think is an issue, however.

I say we clone Eboue and mirror him so he's left footed. Then have him at RB & LB. Imagine the destruction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Do a lot of Arsenal supporters put Eboue on a pedestal now because they feel bad about the way they treated him previously? As I don't remember anybody particulary liking him until the 'incident'.
    No I always liked him. I didn't approve of his diving antics but I was one of the few who stood up in Block 6 and screamed at the people booing him. My words were along the lines of: "What the **** are you doing? He plays for Arsenal football club. Back your own ******* player. You're all *****. **** off back to ***** hart lane"

ReputationRep:
    Did either of use find many other Arsenal fans liking him as well? Or would use say that most of the supporters who talk about 'loving' him are only doing it out of embarassment?

(I'm not trying to say either of use are these supporters, just a general interest question really )

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.