Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Eboue is blatantly awesome and should be played in every position bar DM, but anyone who thinks we should be dropping Sagna is clearly mental. I mean pill popping, straight jacket wearing, singing nursury rhymes all day loopy. This ain't Sparta guys.
    Couldn't have put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    The current state of the Portuguese league makes for a poor argument component tbh. Anyway, I'd write to Stan Collymore's column if you want Arsene's attention, as apparently he reads that.
    Rofl, when I read about that it was just too funny :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Collymore's delusion is becoming disturbing. "As the country's most popular columnist . . ."

That is not a well man. Put him down ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUWERTY)
    Sounds good, but will he be able to do the same thing in the premier league? The defending for most of that was disgraceful, 3 or 4 of them were penalties and the rest seemed simple finishes. I haven't seen enough of him to actually fully judge him but from that video he seemed quite average. How much would be be?
    True. But he would be a presence up front - that video isn't a particularly great one, it's just the best edited one :p:

here's another one.
    He is good in the air, and has a v. powerful left foot.
    He would certainly score many more than Bendtner, tbf.

ReputationRep:
    If Chamakh is a done deal, as seems likely, the fantasy stuff is even more pointless. Up front this season we have suffered just as any other team would in having their main man hacked in two. Knee jerk? I'm talking full blown status epilepticus here.

The main personnel issue is between the sticks and we all know it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm awaiting a response from Mr. Wenger as regards my CV now. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys manage to catch Lehmann's wummery tonight? ******* delightful

He went over an advertising board whilst at the same time knocking over a camerman after Ibrahimovic gave him a light push. He then almost kung fu kicked Puyol into next week. The ball was going out but Jens randomly jumped like a crazy buffon :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    The current state of the Portuguese league makes for a poor argument component tbh. Anyway, I'd write to Stan Collymore's column if you want Arsene's attention, as apparently he reads that.

With seemingly Chamakh a done deal we're not going to bring in anyone else upfront unless someone leaves, gets cut in half by a wandering psychotic defender.
    ______

Preview details of new Arsenal kits

Arsenalinsider revealed that Arsenal will revert to a design based on their 1971 Double-winning kit for next 10/11 season to celebrate the Gunners' 125th anniversary.

Nike and the club are said to have agreed on a design based on the traditional red shirts with white sleeves much to the relief of supporters who had feared the club were set to abandon the white sleeves altogether.

It was thought they were set to produce an all-red shirt similar to those donated to the Gunners by Nottingham Forest in 1886.

The site also exclusively revealed that the away kit returns to a theme of yellow.

Fans seem delighted that the club have produced a kit with such historical importance. 'That simple red and white kit is iconic with the Arsenal and will sell like hot cakes,' said season-ticket holder Chris Adsett, 36.

'We've had many variations on the home shirt but the essence of all things Arsenal can be found in the '71 home top and we can only hope some of the success of that era returns to us next season.'
    http://www.footballshirtculture.com/...it-update.html

Rocking it old school. Glad we're getting sleeves back.

ReputationRep:
    That's twice now you've quoted me where I said the same thing in later posts. :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    Those old school strips look mad nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    That 71 double shirt is my favourite but tbh I can't see the new design looking anything like it with the new badge and nike and fly emirates logos, shame really.

Glad to see we're going back to yellow away though :dice:
    It'll probably be the '71 design with sponsors logos plus the new badge. I've got both the old skool 70's shirts from when they started making all the old kits in the summer. I managed to get the home one with the number 7 embroidered in the back. IMHO all Arsenal shirts should be that simple. Home should be red with white sleeves plus white roundneck collar. Away should be all yellow with royal blue trim. My favourite kits of all time would be the 2006/08 home shirt and the 2003/04 yellow away. Simple yet modern. However any title winning kit will always be a favourite of mine so the gold kit is cool as well. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Nice early post up today. Talking about the ex arsenal players in the Barca game last night. Comments on the blog appreciated as usual.

http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    The tops are just gonna look like these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    The tops are just gonna look like these.

Pretty much but it will be a roundneck collar and the white will go all the way around. Same for the cuffs on the sleeves but in red. I'd imagine there will be some kind of embroidery with 125 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)

Rocking it old school. Glad we're getting sleeves back.
    Huh? Were Arsenal jerseys not available with long sleeves or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Huh? Were Arsenal jerseys not available with long sleeves or something? :confused:
    I think he means the white sleeves lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I think he means the white sleeves lol.
    Me thinks someone needs to learn to word their posts properly! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I liked the newest blog MM :yy: just be prepared for a 400 post argument with Barca about Abidal being as good as Evra and Cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Citeh tickets were either sold out or limited the whole way around the stadium 10mins after coming out, everyone wants to give to Greedy :teeth:
    Ademotherf***** is gonna get buried tbh. We could actually win the title on that day :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Me thinks someone needs to learn to word their posts properly! :yep:
    Haha yep

(Original post by meskell)
    I liked the newest blog MM just be prepared for a 400 post argument with Barca about Abidal being as good as Evra and Cole.
    Cheers! :yy: I'll be ready. He's not world class but he's decent. Probably better than Clichy TBH. But I supposed compared to Dani Alves he does look a helluva lot better :rolleyes:

(Original post by JK_91)
    Citeh tickets were either sold out or limited the whole way around the stadium 10mins after coming out, everyone wants to give to Greedy
    I've already booked my flights back to london for that weekend. Finding out that the game was on a saturday and therefore meaning I could go was like xmas all over again. I was gonna go to all the home saturday games coming up but left it too late so the flight prices went up. :facepalm2: Also I don't think my parents would have been too happy for me to come back 4 times in 6 weeks just to see Arsenal :rolleyes: If we are in with a shout on the final day I will be booking flights to see the fulham game whatever the price they are. I'll pull a sickie if I have to.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.