Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    How come you didn't get the players from the local area to do the photoshoot?
    Because we don't have that many. It's not that hard to figure out, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like to take the globalist view that we are all one species, united under the common banner of football for the sake of art. Then again I could also take a more pragmatic view, in that they're either crap or too busy out stealing the disabled or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Birmingham aren't at their best atm and we've not lot to Spurs in the league for 11 years now, whilst both will tough games I think we're more likely to lose at Stoke than to either of those.
    Well maybe we won't lose to them, but I can certainly see us drawing against them, and that's still a disaster when we need to be finishing the league with a perfect record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Then again I could also take a more pragmatic view, in that they're either crap or too busy out stealing the disabled or something.
    It's true, Islington is facing a rising problem in disabled theft. Just last week my Auntie May was out with us all shopping when we left her for barely two minutes, we put the handbrake on her chair and everything, but when we came back she was gone. Poosh. The police reckon disabled theft is up 256% from this point last year and it could even get worse. Sad times. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I bet JET was caught in one of those cute little disabled cars too tbf. Sickening little *******. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I read quite an astonishing stat today: if you took away all Fabregas' goals in the league, Arsenal would only be one point worse off! Rooney's being removed from United would only be an eight point loss, meanwhile Drogba's being removed from Chelsea would be a fifteen point loss!

(Original post by Overmars)
    Because we don't have that many. It's not that hard to figure out, is it?
    I was going for the subtle approach but I added the wink just to make sure no-one thought I was being serious. Turns out that didn't work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    I read quite an astonishing stat today: if you took away all Fabregas' goals in the league, Arsenal would only be one point worse off! Rooney's being removed from United would only be an eight point loss, meanwhile Drogba's being removed from Chelsea would be a fifteen point loss!

I was going for the subtle approach but I added the wink just to make sure no-one thought I was being serious. Turns out that didn't work...
    It's quite a deceiving stat that I wouldn't look into too much. A lot of the time Cesc has been the first goalscorer e.g. Villa at Home, Bolton Away or scored second to give us a cushion e.g. spurs or last weekend. When Cesc scores it often allows us to be comfortable and end up scoring more. That's of course not taking into account the numerous assists he contributes. Also remember the other 2 you are comparing to are the main strikers and would be expected to be the scorers of the bulk of their teams goals.

Also how many less points would United have if their opponents could put it in the right net

ReputationRep:
    Stoke to bobble their way to a win against Arsenal :awesome:

Rory Delap :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I love how Delap's given a status where by every one thinks he's the first long throw expert ever in the first division.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I love how Delap's given a status where by every one thinks he's the first long throw expert ever in the first division.
    He isn't, he's just the best around at the moment :coma:

Hopefully whichever spak is guarding our net at the weekend does a better job than almunia last game :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The best ever was Dave Challinor for Tranmere. His throws were ridiculous. I'm not sure I can kick a ball that far let alone throw it even one handed like a cricket bowl (I play cricket and throw a ball epically far and hard).

New post up. http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    Also look at where he assists the goals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Delap

In the last 2 seasons all but 2 have been at the Britannia where he has those bloody towels. I reckon we should ask to use the towels every time we get a throw and if they refuse say they're getting an unfair advantage. I'd like to see how much time is wasted if we go ahead though...

ReputationRep:
    As irritating as it is, we're just going to have to deal with it, we need a draw at least. We know exactly what they're going to do though, we should be able to comfortably handle it, but that's relying on our goalkeepers to actually be commanding and make sure either they get the ball or the players know what they're doing, which both Fabianski and Almunia seem incapable of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Also look at where he assists the goals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Delap

In the last 2 seasons all but 2 have been at the Britannia where he has those bloody towels. I reckon we should ask to use the towels every time we get a throw and if they refuse say they're getting an unfair advantage. I'd like to see how much time is wasted if we go ahead though...
    That towel thing annoys the life out of. I remember David Challinor (for Tranmere) being banned from using towels.

Every team that scores once at the Brit should just resort to towelling the ball down for every throw in, goal kick, free kick and corner. And if asked why, just say they are making sure the logo on the ball is clean and visible and that they don't want to mess the players hair up with dirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    That towel thing annoys the life out of. I remember David Challinor (for Tranmere) being banned from using towels.

Every team that scores once at the Brit should just resort to towelling the ball down for every throw in, goal kick, free kick and corner. And if asked why, just say they are making sure the logo on the ball is clean and visible and that they don't want to mess the players hair up with dirt.
    :toofunny:

What is the FA stance on it? I guess as long as both teams can use the towel it's fine as long as too much time isn't wasted but in the FA Cup game I remember one of the commentators counting about 40 seconds between him getting the ball and throwing it. Considering he does about 6 or 7 of these per game that's a large percentage of the match just wiping the ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    He's not the first long throw expert but he's certainly the most effective :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Fat Frank on Petr Cech:

"It's a huge blow. He's been in outstanding form and has always been up there with the best in the world."

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    :lolwut: What kind of websites do you go on :nothing:
    It's chat roulette. Latest student craze. Hilariously funny. Basically just webcam convos with random people. You get some complete fruitcakes on there and if you're lucky some nice boobies. :rolleyes: Sadly for every pair of breasts you see, you'll see 10 cocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I get all the best ones tbh, just ask Colbert and Kev :rofl:
    I might dress up as Eboue or something one day. I've been told I look a little bit like Eduardo (I have similar colour skin to him) so I might just get a fake leg and paint the ankle red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I get all the best ones tbh, just ask Colbert and Kev :rofl:
    I'll have a look at your latest find later, I'm in the uni library so my response may not be very welcome, esp if it's anything like last night's. :sexface:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.