Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching QPR replays tonight ffs.

Playing hard to get tbafhwyd. :teehee: GELS don't give in easily dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    However can I make it up to you?

Perhaps you can join us... :sexface:
    You=:sexface:

You and Poo=:coma:

QPR=:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Diaby, Arshavin and Gallas will miss the game against stoke :/
    I think we'll really miss Diaby and Gallas in this match. + Gallas absence opens up the possibility for the football magician Silvestre :O

Quite sure we'll win this one though. Arsenal is playing really well the last couple of matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volff)
    I think we'll really miss Diaby and Gallas in this match. + Gallas absence opens up the possibility for the football magician Silvestre :O

Quite sure we'll win this one though. Arsenal is playing really well the last couple of matches.
    Campbell will play. The only reason he didn't play sunderland is that he's incapable of playing 2 matches in 3 days.

New post up as per usual. My take on Bridge and how he will destroy Terry on Saturday. Also some thoughts on our match.

http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volff)
    Can't see us winning this now. We needed Diaby and Arshavin.

Where did you read this, btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Can't see us winning this now. We needed Diaby and Arshavin.

Where did you read this, btw?
    it's on the official website.

TBH I'm more interested in the Chelsea v Citeh game. The potential Bridge ninja kick on Terry makes me want to do a special wee wee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    it's on the official website.
    Where? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Where? :unsure:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-trip-to-stoke

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

That really is awful news. We're gonna get arse raped by that ****in towel.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/opinion/sto...977021,00.html

"TAKING AWAY THE TOP SCORERS
    Hello, I have a question. With Rooney doing so well this season and seeming to carry the rest of the United team, I would like to see how much of a 'one man team' they are compared to the rest of the league. Could you show what the league table would look like if each team's top scorer was omitted from their results, eg: if you exclude all Drogba's goals then Chelsea's result from Saturday would change from 2-0 to 0-0. Thanks! Bruce, St Albans

MARTIN SAYS: Bruce, we have new Premier League leaders! Under your system, Arsenal go two points clear at the top. Remarkably, if you take Cesc Fabregas' 12 goals away from the records, Arsenal would be just one point worse off (the point earned from his goal in the 1-1 draw with Burnley).

In contrast, Drogba's 19 goals have added 15 points to Chelsea's tally so without them the Blues drop down to third spot. Wayne Rooney's goals have earned Manchester United eight points and they would remain second."

:dry:

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have announced the 6 month finance report for the period ending 30 nov 09. It's hugely significant. The main stat to take from it is that in the space of 6 months (from may 09) the debt has gone from 332m to 203m. That is a ginormous reduction and can only be a good thing for the club. Most of it is down to the sale of the highbury square flats (i so want one!). I'll probably be doing an extra blog on this later.

ReputationRep:
    How has debt been reduced by that much in 6 months?

Maybe the Cesc transfer has been agreed after all.

(Sorry...)

ReputationRep:
    How has debt been reduced by that much in 6 months?

Maybe the Cesc transfer has been agreed after all.

(Sorry...)
    The sale of the highbury flats. They sold about 300 flats IIRC. Even if you give a conservative estimate on the house price that's still a LOT of money. TBF it was always going to happen and apparently the large majority of the debt left is locked in. i.e. it has a time frame for it like a mortgage. That means most profit we make now will go back into the football side of things.

Now when will Messi be arriving :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal football club's finances in 10 years time :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Arsenal football club's finances in 10 years time :coma:
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    "I went out to see Thierry Henry in Barcelona," he continued.

"He told me someone else was coming to dinner and all of sudden Messi walked in. He looked so small, so insignificant, and yet to me he was the world's greatest player. For a moment, I wasn't even able to speak."

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    How many more flats do Arsenal have left? As in roughly how much more of the debt do they hope (conservative projections) to reduce from the property side of things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    How many more flats do Arsenal have left? As in roughly how much more of the debt do they hope (conservative projections) to reduce from the property side of things?
    There are 131 flats still for sale according to the press release. I'd hazard a guess that on average they are worth about 400k each. (A reasonable guess as the cheapest is 250k ish and the highest goes up to about 1m.

The remaining debt attributed to the housing project alone (as in nothing to do with the stadium) is 13m. Once they are all sold the profits on the flats will be in the 10's of millions range.

Once the 13m is reduced there is effectively no more "current" debt as the remaining debt on the stadium is set in a specific payment scheme where Arsenal pay X million per year back to the banks. Anything above this amount is profit to the club and goes back into the clubs bank account. In numbers this is:

Total debt - 203.6m (12.9m of which is for the housing)
    Bank Account balance- 101.0m

(PS Sorry i don't have the 'pound' symbol on my foreign keyboard lol)

ReputationRep:
    wow that really is good news!
    I'm guessing we'll se a couple VERY interesting transfers in the upcoming summer

ReputationRep:
    the thing Arsenal have done well is to be self sufficient and compete for and win things on a level playing field. Any club could copy the Arsenal model you just need to appoint the right people and have some luck and patience along the way.

a club like chelsea should have entered administration years ago as a result of their recklessness, and would just be a yoyo club by now.

Chelsea showed to everyone they couldn't sustain themselves and couldn't compete on a level playing field and so they moved the goal posts. Their recent success is so hollow it's beyond belief.
    They are now a vehicle for a russian criminal to launder his dirty money.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.