Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm fully expecting us to go second this evening. This is exactly the kind of game the lads need to show they are up for if we're going to still have a shot at the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    what, really?
    o yes reemsy lad

gonna apply to gimperial n become a medic insted haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    peerless insight
    Is it just me or does Shawcross look odd now he's grown his hair out?

I'm sure we can win, but we're going to need to score first and not concede a stupid goal in the first 20 minutes like we've become accustomed to. Walcott to run between Shawcross' legs and score I think :p:
    Until FT I'm going to go sit in isolation away from any kind of commentary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I'm fully expecting us to go second this evening. This is exactly the kind of game the lads need to show they are up for if we're going to still have a shot at the title.
    I'd love us to go second, but i'd be delighted if we manage to go 2 behind Utd and 3 behind Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    city are doing us a real favour here..

ReputationRep:
    Jesus...what an opportunity to make up ground!

Shame our players seem to have as much bottle as I have.... :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I'd love us to go second, but i'd be delighted if we manage to go 2 behind Utd and 3 behind Chelsea
    United aren't playing today. They've got the Worthless Cup final tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    United aren't playing today. They've got the Worthless Cup final tomorrow.
    We can win 0-43 today, and we still won't be second tonight.

ReputationRep:
    OMFG Just woke up.

True. Wildest. Came. All. Just.

Rearrange that sentence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    We can win 0-43 today, and we still won't be second tonight.
    I'd take that result though - would sort out the goal difference!

I'm feeling the pressure on us to win this afternoon so god knows what the players are feeling lol..

ReputationRep:
    Please please please please please can we win? :puppyeyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Please please please please please can we win? :puppyeyes:.
    No!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    That was game-of-the-season quality. What a game to wake up to. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the rape of Chelsea by Man City has made me question whether Stoke away today is really our toughest match left...

ReputationRep:
    This is an extremely tricky match, but we have all the motivation we could hope for.

Any excuse for not winning it would look flimsy bar a machete massacre by a group of drunk nuns. We have a stunning chance.

ReputationRep:
    Massive moral victory for Bridge there. Can't believe the Chelsea fans were actually booing him. The guy's lost his family FFS by no actions of his own.

ReputationRep:
    Ah of course, I forgot United played in midweek. :facepalm:

Excellent result for us.

ReputationRep:
    I think bellamy summed it up perfectly:

You guys make a lot more of it. I know what JT is like and nothing surprises me about him. Everyone knows what he's like. But that's off the pitch. On it he's an outstanding player and a great captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Seeing the rape of Chelsea by Man City has made me question whether Stoke away today is really our toughest match left...
    It isn't; today, Spurs away and City at home are our tough games, though not in that order. It's just if we don't win today than we're out of it, winning today gives us the momentum and self belief we'll need to win the rest of the games. Plus immediacy always make something look more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Nah, we'll **** Man Citeh at home. No problem.

Spuds away is our trickiest match. Stoke away is a very close second.

Sorry for sounding like I'm wetting myself in fear and because I am, but we've just seen it so many times before. When we have a brilliant chance, there are some games that are seen to define the season.

Man Utd away 01/02, Bolton away 02/03, Man Utd away 04/05, Spuds home 05/06, Brum away 07/08. Just gotta feeling it'll be Stoke away 09/10.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.