Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why are you out of it if you lose today?

Cech is out for another month, thats what made Chelsea lose today. Nothing to do with us. They'll drop more points for sure. United still have to play Liverpool who they always lose to and come to the COMS.

Win today and you're shoe ins, lose today and its in the balance imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)

Cech is out for another month, thats what made Chelsea lose today. Nothing to do with us. They'll drop more points for sure. United still have to play Liverpool who they always lose to and come to the COMS.

Win today and you're shoe ins, lose today and its in the balance imo.
    Not forgetting utter stupidity on the parts of Ballack and Belletti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Nah, we'll **** Man Citeh at home. No problem.

Spuds away is our trickiest match. Stoke away is a very close second.

Sorry for sounding like I'm wetting myself in fear and because I am, but we've just seen it so many times before. When we have a brilliant chance, there are some games that are seen to define the season.

Man Utd away 01/02, Bolton away 02/03, Man Utd away 04/05, Spuds home 05/06, Brum away 07/08. Just gotta feeling it'll be Stoke away 09/10.
    Be calm man. Control yourself woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    We can't keep relying on Chelsea and Man Utd to **** up...and we're not going to win all our remaining games. While your result today could prove to be very helpful, the whole point of remaining within touching distance going into the run-in was because we expected Chelsea and Man Utd to drop points. Now they are. So this is the point where we're meant to close the gap.

Lose today, and we could be no close to Chelsea than you are to us, after your game in hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Be calm man. Control yourself woman.
    :woo:

True story.

I need a pint.

Or 10.

ReputationRep:
    I think Arsenal will snatch it today. A narrow win. Stoke playing midweek until extra time may show late on. All the home games for Arsenal are 3 points guaranteed IMO. Maybe one or two away games maybe tricky.

ReputationRep:
    If we win like we should do then the press will start brown-nosing us again, which I don't really want.

What it would mean though is that a draw between Utd and Chelsea would be a fantastic result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    :woo:

True story.

I need a pint.

Or 10.
    This is always the solution.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to drink, sit back and do some coursework. Always a good plan. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I hate resorting to cliches, but we just have to beat what's put in front of us. Yes, it's tricky, but if they want to be considered champions of this country then tricky is all in the mind.

Psychologically I'd go so far as to say that today is the chance to exorcise the ghost of Birmingham. Lose or draw and we're just the same old Arsenal. Win and we might grow up. We might just realise we can actually do this, just as a couple of years back we started to think we couldn't.

That in a funny sense negates my first point - this match is ******* massive.

ReputationRep:
    The Man City victory over Chelsea is the Stalingrad of this year's Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    start campbell for this, and would the GK PLEASE TAKE A MORE ADVANCED POSTION FOR THE THROW INS, THUS ENABLING TO USE HIS ADVANTAGE OF BEING ABLE TO USE HIS HANDS to clear the ball

and if Arsenal are winning in the 2nd half, wipe the ball dry with the towels for EVERY throw in as they would be entitled to do. That would really wind up those northern monkeys and I would love to see it.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's season may be jeopardised due to that defeat against City and Cech's injury, as I've said before, the league's ours to win, but we must beat Stoke.

Chelsea who play Utd, Liverpool, Villa and Spuds are bound to drop more points, as will Utd.

It's ours to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I hate resorting to cliches, but we just have to beat what's put in front of us. Yes, it's tricky, but if they want to be considered champions of this country then tricky is all in the mind.

Psychologically I'd go so far as to say that today is the chance to exorcise the ghost of Birmingham. Lose or draw and we're just the same old Arsenal. Win and we might grow up. We might just realise we can actually do this, just as a couple of years back we started to think we couldn't.

That in a funny sense negates my first point - this match is ******* massive.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Win today and you're back in the title race. Period.

Quite alot of pressure on you now. If you can deal with this kind of pressure, come through and get the 3 points, it will say alot about your mentality and whether you can win the title.

ReputationRep:
    I'm technically at this moment incontinent. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    aha judgement day

all of your lot play the ball on the ground too much like
    not helping progress of British footie imo

in 20 years i wanna see 6 ft 10inch ugly defenders heading ball back and forth with 6ft 11inch fowards not some midgets from france passing it around on the deck like

we at The Brit always keep it up in the air we have air traffic control at The Brit since new year
    thats why we uneabtean haha

GWARN STOKE

IF WE GET BEATEN TODAY I WILL QUIT TSR
    If you quit TSR, I will self-harm on my white ass. Don't you dare have such thoughts. I'll have suicidal ideation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'm technically at this moment incontinent. :sad:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I always find watching Arsenal to be a nailbaiting experience, can't enjoy it until we're 3 nil up.
    Instead I'm going to go watch the rugby with a bunch of Irishmen, could be as potentially embarassing but at least they'll alcohol and jokes about the potato famine.
    I hope to return to tales of a magnificent away victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :console:
    I have not been this nervous about a match in three years. Seriously. I've got that feeling in my gut that today is the turning point, whether for aye or nay.

:hugs:

Exciting, but oh so draining. I've been constantly comfort eating cereal for two hours. FFS, so much roughage. FML.

Voodoo, dude, with you on that. I'm ******** myself.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.