Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I hate resorting to cliches, but we just have to beat what's put in front of us. Yes, it's tricky, but if they want to be considered champions of this country then tricky is all in the mind.

Psychologically I'd go so far as to say that today is the chance to exorcise the ghost of Birmingham. Lose or draw and we're just the same old Arsenal. Win and we might grow up. We might just realise we can actually do this, just as a couple of years back we started to think we couldn't.

That in a funny sense negates my first point - this match is ******* massive.

I desperately hope the players are still only worried about what they can do and carry the mentality that we need to win every game

ReputationRep:
    WHAT A CHANCE PEOPLE!

Let's cross hands and devour some tasteful alcohol, and hope for a celebration at the end!

Independence day- Elliott Smith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Win today and you're back in the title race. Period.
    Some of us never believed we were out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    I suppose that's justified, given how ****ing silly this season has been. It's been silly season all season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    Some of you were contemplating suicide a few weeks back :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The way Arsenal switch between seemingly different personalities is quite different from most other clubs Clubber. There is seldom a more frustrating club to support in that sense. People just react to circumstance, which, one might add, is probably fairly natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    I always find watching Arsenal to be a nailbaiting experience, can't enjoy it until we're 3 nil up.
    Instead I'm going to go watch the rugby with a bunch of Irishmen, could be as potentially embarassing but at least they'll alcohol and jokes about the potato famine.
    I hope to return to tales of a magnificent away victory.
    Seriously...Rugby :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    The way Arsenal switch between seemingly different personalities is quite different from most other clubs Clubber. There is seldom a more frustrating club to support in that sense. People just react to circumstance, which, one might add, is probably fairly natural.
    Dont worry m8, Clubber caled it numerous times

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=8459

Remains to be seen whether my last sentence will become realtiy sometime soon.

ReputationRep:
    Textspeak and the third person in a single sentence? Oh dear.

Clubber, seriously, you have no point as a WUM, nor even as some kind of movie character who only spoke in angry monotone. Less point indeed than a broken pencil which has somehow been ground down even further to such a small extent that it's completely and utterly spherical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    I always find watching Arsenal to be a nailbaiting experience, can't enjoy it until we're 3 nil up.
    Good, succinct description of Arsenal there; works on so many levels :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Textspeak and the third person in a single sentence? Oh dear.

Clubber, seriously, you have no point as a WUM, nor even as some kind of movie character who only spoke in angry monotone. Less point indeed than a broken pencil which has somehow been ground down even further to such a small extent that it's completely and utterly spherical.
    But enough of a point to make you want to type out such bile, which has gotten progressivley worse over the years. Fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    Pre match blog is up guys.

http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    I met Danny Pugh once, my claim to fame

ReputationRep:
    Interesting line-up for us. I think Fabregas is going to be pushed into the 'Gerrard-role' with Ramsey dropping in with Song, and Eboue pushing forward where possible.

ReputationRep:
    ffs

ReputationRep:
    Rory ******* Delap

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god that was beautiful :sogood:

Get in!!

You haven't won the league yet.

ReputationRep:
    whos marking him :O

ReputationRep:
    Better to concede that goal now than right before half-time or something stupid.

Time to play like you really want it lads.

(Original post by Singh_2)
    You haven't won the league yet.
    I don't think you're in a position to comment, tbh. :sexface:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.