The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
I winced in real time, I knew it was bad straight away. Awful. :frown:

white_haired_wizard
I will be watching MOTD tonight. Not yet seen the incident.

I really do feel lengthy bans should be brought in when **** like this happens. Will see the incident tonight and then make my mind up.

No it wasn't malicious, it looked like Shawcross was sent off because of the (horrible) injury, rather than the challenge itself. Ramsey dived in as well, he was just the unlucky one. He looked like a broken man when he walked off. :frown:
TommyWannabe
The time if took to get them off the pitch means nothing.

To be fair it's all irrelevant. He's gonna be out for ages one way or another.
IIRC, MOTD didn't show the Eduardo incident during the match highlights but on the aftermath, warning the viewers beforehand.
RooKnight
**** MAN. that's another exceptional player out for 1 year +. Absolute disgrace that Shawcross can do that. More than 3 game ban please.

idiot
Here's a pic. Not nice. Hidden in a link.

http://tweetphoto.com/12715279
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the challenge personally, but that is a huge blow for the lad [pun not intended]. He really does have a bright future and I hope it doesn't screw him up.

Most important thing is capitalising on the man advantage now.
Reply 1846
Shawcross looked genuinely distraught. Ramsey won't come back as the same player.
Reply 1847
No doubt they will be like 8 mins of extra time.
Reply 1848
That really is horrific, bad timing for his career too.

I just wish someone could go slap the players around the face and remind them to win this thing. You never know Eduardo might be really fired up for this now..
Reply 1849
Greg.
I winced in real time, I knew it was bad straight away .

Poor Aaron , I really hope he can fulfil his potential as a player and that this doesn't hamper his career .

No, it looked like Shawcross was sent off because of the (horrible) injury, rather than the challenge itself. Ramsey dived in as well, he was just the unlucky one. He looked like a broken man when he walked off. :frown:

I thought that myself at first tbh. Both players were incredibly reckless in the way they flew in and it just so happened that Ramsey came out injured.

Without the injury I imagine one or even both might of been booked, but because of the injury Shawcross had to go otherwise the referee would of looked bad.

Shawcross' reaction was so extreme it is obvious he didn't mean it and didn't expect it. Even if he hadn't of been sent off he would of had to have been subbed because it looked like he was that distraught he would not of been able to carry on.

Campbell's reaction was the wrong one imo opinion though, Shawcross was getting sent off and he was running round pushing any player near him and having a go at everything. He was just inciting a very sad situation and someone of his experience should know better.

I would like to see a replay just to see if my firt impressions of the challenge were correct.
I'm not watching the game but have read about this round the web - can anyone describe vaguely what happened?

Oh and on the point of punishment - you shouldn't base the length of punishment for this on the actual damage that was sustained. Obviously he didn't mean to do this and by the sounds of it he's really upset about doing it.
Reply 1851
EDIT: Warning, disturbing image.

Spoiler

Reply 1852
Michelin Man
Here's a pic. Not nice. Hidden in a link.

http://tweetphoto.com/12715279

Can't bring myself to click it, haha. My stomach does roly-polys with these injuries.
Reply 1853
Reminds me of henrik Larson break.
:frown::frown::frown::frown:

Poor Ramsey.
How did Eduardo miss? Was it even offside or anything? Streams ****.
Reply 1856
Onearmedbandit
I'm not watching the game but have read about this round the web - can anyone describe vaguely what happened?

Oh and on the point of punishment - you shouldn't base the length of punishment for this on the actual damage that was sustained. Obviously he didn't mean to do this and by the sounds of it he's really upset about doing it.

In real time it looked like the ball was there to be won and both players flew in with reckless challenges and Ramsey came out injured.

But without replays it is all speculation as it was too quick for anybody to give a definitive judgement.
Lucy :)
Same as Eddy?

Yep. Quite similar :frown:
Reply 1858
meskell
I thought that myself at first tbh. Both players were incredibly reckless in the way they flew in and it just so happened that Ramsey came out injured.

Without the injury I imagine one or even both might of been booked, but because of the injury Shawcross had to go otherwise the referee would of looked bad.

Shawcross' reaction was so extreme it is obvious he didn't mean it and didn't expect it. Even if he hadn't of been sent off he would of had to have been subbed because it looked like he was that distraught he would not of been able to carry on.

Campbell's reaction was the wrong one imo opinion though, Shawcross was getting sent off and he was running round pushing any player near him and having a go at everything. He was just inciting a very sad situation and someone of his experience should know better.

I would like to see a replay just to see if my firt impressions of the challenge were correct.

I don't know about that, someone's got to defend the young players from teams that are willing to kick our players all game.

I think Shawcross will shoulder some blame of course, it was he caused the damage. Although I agree from his reaction that he may not have meant to cause damage. Thought the same with Taylor too, he obviously didn't mean it but still has to take some blame for the leg break..
meskell

No reaction is really a wrong reaction in that scenario. If you've just interpreted a player horrificly snapping your team-mates leg then I think it's perfectly understandable that he's upset in that manner. Whether Shawcross was at fault or not you don't know what view Campbell had of it etc.

If I thought someone had attacked my friend and snapped his leg, I'd go ******* too.

Latest