Image of Ramsey after

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    You quoted yourself.
    lol, thats pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if that member comes back who was making the comments about Ramsey comes back, don't flame them please. I've had to warn two members for replying to the troll and I really didn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Image of Ramsey after

Spoiler:
    Show

Good win for your lot, pity about Ramsey's injury. Haven't seen the incident so can't comment on it. I'll eat now and let my stomach settle before watching MOTD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    You quoted yourself.
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Guys, if that member comes back who was making the comments about Ramsey comes back, don't flame them please. I've had to warn two members for replying to the troll and I really didn't want to.
    Then don't mate. Apply some non-referee type common sense.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, Fabregas was angry in his SSN interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    As far as I'm aware it's down to the referee's interpretation. Generally if the arm is raised and in an 'unnatural' position as far as a player's normal movement is concerned, then it should be classed as handball.

From my judgement we should have had 3 penalties tonight. The one we scored, the foul on Ramsey and one just after we went 2-1 up where Collins just barged Bendtner off the ball.

As far as the game goes, 3-1 is an excellent result. Would have preferred for us not to concede, but it was always going to be a tough test at the Brit. I'll give my two cents on the Shawcross/Ramsey incident later on.
    Yes I think the fact that he had his arms up didn't help his cause, but I have no doubt it was unintentional. So I don't know. I hate grey rules like this, and discussing it is hard because of all sorts of error / bias.

ReputationRep:
    I feel gutted for the lad. One of most promising players, cut down because some chav realised he couldn't keep up with him on a footballing level. I had hoped that it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed but having just seen ALL's link of the picture, it's worse. Probably will be out for a similar time to Eduardo, if not more. I just hope he does manage to come back to this. One thing is that because he's Welsh and not some "diving foreigner" like Eduardo was back then I hope we do get the media's support this time.

Enough is enough, unless the board/Gazidis/Wenger decide to take a proactive approach and kick up a media storm about this, this will only happen again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Then don't mate. Apply some non-referee type common sense.
    I've got to unfortunately. I know how they feel, I've been warned for something similar in relation to a Hillsborough comment last year but the rule still applies.

ReputationRep:

I highly doubt there was any intent at all. I feel equally sorry for Shawcross & Ramsey tbh. He's going to get an unbelievable amount of anger.

ReputationRep:
    If Ramsay isn't the next Fabregas now because of this, I say we have a whip round the Arsenal thread and pay for a bounty on Shawcross' head?

I was at work and my phone died at half time at 1-1 so I had no idea of the score until I got home! I ran home Was so relieved to see 3-1 up there. But that broken leg is horrendous. It didn't look like a challange that would cause so much damage and to be fair Shawcross did look like he was in complete shock... He was such a hopeful for the future too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    I feel gutted for the lad. One of most promising players, cut down because some chav realised he couldn't keep up with him on a footballing level. I had hoped that it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed but having just seen ALL's link of the picture, it's worse. Probably will be out for a similar time to Eduardo, if not more. I just hope he does manage to come back to this. One thing is that because he's Welsh and not some "diving foreigner" like Eduardo was back then I hope we do get the media's support this time.

Enough is enough, unless the board/Gazidis/Wenger decide to take a proactive approach and kick up a media storm about this, this will only happen again.
    I don't think blaming Stoke or Shawcross or starting a fuss will do anything productive. Stoke weren't overly aggressive and it was an accident. Shawcross was clearly lots of sorry and was quite affected. I think the way Arsenal play means it's more likely that they are more likely to be tackled horribly but I don't think there's anything you can do about it. If we want to play beautiful football, we're going to have to out-muscle the thugs also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)

I highly doubt there was any intent at all. I feel equally sorry for Shawcross & Ramsey tbh. He's going to get an unbelievable amount of anger.
    Why? Shawcross will miss 3 games, Ramsey's career prospects just took a nosedive. I'm not trying to paint Shawcross a villain here but seriously??

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, no sign of that Ryan Shawcross member...

ReputationRep:
    I love how on SS1 Andy Gray is talking about how when we lost 3-0 to Chelsea everyone was saying "Dat was dat, dey're outa it". If I remember correctly, he said it at the end of the game. Dumbass.

ReputationRep:
    I get warned for some of the most stupid things on this website :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)

Equally? Reallyyyyyy? I think he didn't completely mean it but a red card doesn't really match up to a year+ of no football whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    We must seek (big) compensation from Stoke, Shawcross should receive a lengthy ban. But the only way you will get these reckless challenges out of the game is to ban the player for the same length of time injured player is out for. And perhaps also have the club of the offending player pay the injured players wages whilst he is out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Hmmm, no sign of that Ryan Shawcross member...
    Didn't he say he'd quit if they lost today?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.