Turn on thread page Beta

what's wrong with meeee?! watch

ReputationRep:
    something is wrong with me.
    one day, i can be in such a great mood, & all it takes is one little thing & i'll get depressed and start crying or, feel like i want to pack uni in & head home. it's crazy, and def not normal.
    i'm like it with my boyfriend too, i've not seen him for 4 and a half wks, and wont see him for another week yet, but it's really affecting our relationship. we fall out quite alot bcos i feel like he doesn't love me as much if i dont hear from him one day, or that he will find someone else because i'm no longer there. if i dont hear from him all day, when he does text me or call me i'm really off with him, & don't want to be with him - i'd rather be on my own.
    but the next day i'm like - wow, i'm an idiot he did nothing wrong, and have to try and make up to him. it's like i dont know how to control myself & keep my emotions from getting the better of me, and they're so over the top.
    i've been thinking that i should be on my own until i sort this out, but i don't want to be. & every time i think about breaking up with him i realise why i love him.
    today he told me he can't see us lasting because of the arguing, and nor can i.
    i need to put it right but i don't know how. i suggested we go a few days without contact so we can appreciate each other again & realise just why we're together. i'm so scared he's going to realise it's so much easier without me, because let's face it, it would be.
    oh i don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    you have mood swings because you are too far away from the kitchen.

get back in there and make him a sammich.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should go to the doctors?
    I'm not saying you're crazy or anything, it could just be stress.

ReputationRep:
    Is your time of de month due?

ReputationRep:
    You're a woman! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor. It sounds like it could be hormonal or stress-related. Have you recently been put on new medication, switched birth control pills, anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimmyRoebuck)
    You're a woman! :sigh:
    Just like a women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Go to the doctor. It sounds like it could be hormonal or stress-related. Have you recently been put on new medication, switched birth control pills, anything like that?
    i've been like this for months.
    i came off the pill about 3 wks ago because i couldn't handle it anymore, and thought maybe that was the cause of it.
    i do feel less emotional, and i do cry less than i used to.
    but i still don't feel "normal".
    i'm not sure what else to try.
    thing is, when i'm with my boyf it's amazing and yeah we obv have our tiffs but they last minutes & we make up so easily. it's just that bit harder to repair things when i'm away

ReputationRep:
    SOUNDS LIKE BI POLAR :P. i didn't read it all.. cba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    something is wrong with me.
    one day, i can be in such a great mood, & all it takes is one little thing & i'll get depressed and start crying or, feel like i want to pack uni in & head home. it's crazy, and def not normal.
    i'm like it with my boyfriend too, i've not seen him for 4 and a half wks, and wont see him for another week yet, but it's really affecting our relationship. we fall out quite alot bcos i feel like he doesn't love me as much if i dont hear from him one day, or that he will find someone else because i'm no longer there. if i dont hear from him all day, when he does text me or call me i'm really off with him, & don't want to be with him - i'd rather be on my own.
    but the next day i'm like - wow, i'm an idiot he did nothing wrong, and have to try and make up to him. it's like i dont know how to control myself & keep my emotions from getting the better of me, and they're so over the top.
    i've been thinking that i should be on my own until i sort this out, but i don't want to be. & every time i think about breaking up with him i realise why i love him.
    today he told me he can't see us lasting because of the arguing, and nor can i.
    i need to put it right but i don't know how. i suggested we go a few days without contact so we can appreciate each other again & realise just why we're together. i'm so scared he's going to realise it's so much easier without me, because let's face it, it would be.
    oh i don't know what to do
    Mild depression with a big dose of homesickness.If someone puts that kind of pressure on you they are worth squat!

ReputationRep:
    i've been thinking that i should be on my own until i sort this out, but i don't want to be. & every time i think about breaking up with him i realise why i love him.(
    This is probably what's going to happen if you carry on as you are. Just chill the **** out and be cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Winter)
    Mild depression with a big dose of homesickness.If someone puts that kind of pressure on you they are worth squat!
    what do you mean, who's putting pressure on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    This is probably what's going to happen if you carry on as you are. Just chill the **** out and be cool.
    yeah i know,
    it's like i'm fighting a losing battle though bcos he cheated on me last term. i think bcos he didn't think long distance would work.
    & it sometimes is just like what's stopping him doing it again?
    mmm i don't know

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know,
    it's like i'm fighting a losing battle though bcos he cheated on me last term. i think bcos he didn't think long distance would work.
    & it sometimes is just like what's stopping him doing it again?
    mmm i don't know
    I'm genuinely not trying to hurt you here. There are various reasons why people cheat on their partners and I'm not going to go into a tirade by telling you he's a douche and that you should leave him. You should stay with him if you have completely forgiven him and can continue on with him without it being an issue. Are you fighting a losing battle? Probably.

Look, there's worse things in life than being single.

I'm not sure if this applies, or whether you'll want to do it, but they say 'if you love someone, let them go, if they come back - they're yours forever, if they don't, they were never yours to begin with'.

but essentially the bold text is the most important part. If it's going to happen, let it happen, be single and just live with it. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    A mild depression was my first thought; just go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    i've been like this for months.
    i came off the pill about 3 wks ago because i couldn't handle it anymore, and thought maybe that was the cause of it.
    i do feel less emotional, and i do cry less than i used to.
    but i still don't feel "normal".
    i'm not sure what else to try.
    thing is, when i'm with my boyf it's amazing and yeah we obv have our tiffs but they last minutes & we make up so easily. it's just that bit harder to repair things when i'm away

Best see your doctor anyway. I'm sure your boyfriend knows this isn't your fault. Hopefully your GP will be able to help.

ReputationRep:

Best see your doctor anyway. I'm sure your boyfriend knows this isn't your fault. Hopefully your GP will be able to help.
    it's embarrassing though isn't it.
    what about the boyf situation?
    i text him suggesting we dont contact for a couple of days & see if we begin to appreciate each other again, and i've not heard back.
    he finished work almost an hour ago so i think he's gone for a drink.
    i dont want to msg him again, but want to know where i stand
    think i should just wait for him to make the first move now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madmandanxd)
    SOUNDS LIKE BI POLAR :P. i didn't read it all.. cba.
    I instantly assumed bipolar before i read it all... still havent read it all...

ReputationRep:
    it's embarrassing though isn't it.
    what about the boyf situation?
    i text him suggesting we dont contact for a couple of days & see if we begin to appreciate each other again, and i've not heard back.
    he finished work almost an hour ago so i think he's gone for a drink.
    i dont want to msg him again, but want to know where i stand
    think i should just wait for him to make the first move now?
    I would leave him be for a day or two. Just because he isn't speaking to you doesn't mean he's not thinking of you.

It might be a little embarrassing, but it's a lot better than remaining miserable.

ReputationRep:
    I would leave him be for a day or two. Just because he isn't speaking to you doesn't mean he's not thinking of you.

It might be a little embarrassing, but it's a lot better than remaining miserable.
    i guess.
    he might realise things are simpler without me though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.