Turn on thread page Beta

Best Louis Vuitton bag? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get a Louis Vuitton bag from my parents for my 16th birthday this year, I know i'd like a Monogram Canvas one, can anyone suggest one? I don't really want one that can fit hardly anything in, i'd like a practical one... help fashionistas?

ReputationRep:
    One of the Neverfull bags? They look like they can fit quite a lot. I like big bags anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    One of the Neverfull bags? They look like they can fit quite a lot. I like big bags anyway.
    Thanks, i like the look of the Speedy bags, they're quite nice too, but thankyouu

ReputationRep:
    http://www.louisvuitton.com/uk/flash...=home_entry_gb

I have this. My friends brought me this for my brithday. It is not too small/big. Just normal

My friends, sister has this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly1991)

I have this. My friends brought me this for my brithday. It is not too small/big. Just normal

My friends, sister has this.
    When I go on it, it just takes me to the Louis Vuitton homepage, were they expencive, like, mega expencive, because i don't want that for my first designer bag... plus, since i will be 16, i don't wanna look like the bags too big for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyButtercups)
    When I go on it, it just takes me to the Louis Vuitton homepage, were they expencive, like, mega expencive, because i don't want that for my first designer bag... plus, since i will be 16, i don't wanna look like the bags too big for me...
    The link doesn't work?

You can look at DKNY bags there are around £200ish - 300ish, Depends on what you get. That was my first designer bag

ReputationRep:
    The link doesn't work?

You can look at DKNY bags there are around £200ish - 300ish, Depends on what you get. That was my first designer bag
    Ooh, thats a good idea Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    The link doesn't work?

It just takes you to the home page.

ReputationRep:
    WOOhoo I'm the first male poster here....

Get a LV purse

ReputationRep:
    At the top it says E - shopping. Click that
    then women
    Handbags
    Shoulder bags and totes
    Monogram canvas & other bags are there too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanksss... hmmm, do you guys like the Speedy 30??? The handles look soooo... small though, but when i look at the pictures with celebraties like Hilary Duff, they look bigger:/

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean with 'fit hardly anything'?

Are you planning to use it for studying papers, pads etc, or just general use/going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    What do you mean with 'fit hardly anything'?

Are you planning to use it for studying papers, pads etc, or just general use/going out?
    I'll use it for college, but also general use and going out too, so i guess i'm looking for an all rounder bag, my Aunt's Alma Louis Vuitton bag has lasted her 12 years or something ridiculous like that

ReputationRep:
    I'll use it for college, but also general use and going out too, so i guess i'm looking for an all rounder bag, my Aunt's Alma Louis Vuitton bag has lasted her 12 years or something ridiculous like that
    :rolleyes:

... What about Sistina PM or MM, which is supposed to be "spacious and practical" according to the site.

ReputationRep:
    neverfull is best for carrying notebooks as well as a day bag going shopping.

best handheld one is speedy, i use that one much more than my neverfull, but i use a pauls boutique one for school, cos its zips!

ReputationRep:
    Thanksss... hmmm, do you guys like the Speedy 30??? The handles look soooo... small though, but when i look at the pictures with celebraties like Hilary Duff, they look bigger:/

there not that small, depends what one you get, most celebs have the 35 or 40.

ive had 25 and 30, and can fit it in the crook of me elbow (30s handles are a bit bigger but not by much)

ReputationRep:

almost all of the bags are really expensive, execpt the more common ones, ie the speedy etc.

whats your price range ?

ReputationRep:
    Okayy, well, i really like the look of speedy, it zips up, and practical, but, i'm not sure what size i'd need to get for college and for general use,the price goes up by £15 each model. Hmm, i'd probably hold big college text books so, the only thing in my bag would be like, my organiser, phone, a book or two, i'd hold the rest of my things, or they'd be in my locker. What size though??

ReputationRep:
    Okayy, well, i really like the look of speedy, it zips up, and practical, but, i'm not sure what size i'd need to get for college and for general use,the price goes up by £15 each model. Hmm, i'd probably hold big college text books so, the only thing in my bag would be like, my organiser, phone, a book or two, i'd hold the rest of my things, or they'd be in my locker. What size though??
    the holdalls are a bugger to carry though.... and the handles arent really ment to carry that kind of weight
    if youre really going to use it for folders and textbooks youll kind of have to opt for the neverfull or totally monogram range.

ohh, juicy couture bags around £200, are really good college bags.

but remember, the lv handles will change will wear, and discolour in the rain, so are you sure you want to waste a good bday present on everyday, or get it for more special occassions?

ReputationRep:
    I have a better idea. Get the money your parents would spend on the bag, buy a bag from River Island. Go on holiday with the remainder of the money or save it up.

Why does a 16 year old need or want such an expensive handbag?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.