Turn on thread page Beta

Best Louis Vuitton bag? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    almost all of the bags are really expensive, execpt the more common ones, ie the speedy etc.

whats your price range ?
    Well, if i put some of my birthday money towards it too, i guess i couldn't go higher that £500...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyButtercups)
    Well, if i put some of my birthday money towards it too, i guess i couldn't go higher that £500...

id get a small speedy (25 or 30) and buy a college bag from river island or pauls boutique, topshop etcccc.

i wouldnt waste it on an everyday bag.

+ the reason your aunts bag lasted sooo long, is she probably didnt use it everyday....

ReputationRep:
    the holdalls are a bugger to carry though.... and the handles arent really ment to carry that kind of weight
    if youre really going to use it for folders and textbooks youll kind of have to opt for the neverfull or totally monogram range.

ohh, juicy couture bags around £200, are really good college bags.

but remember, the lv handles will change will wear, and discolour in the rain, so are you sure you want to waste a good bday present on everyday, or get it for more special occassions?

Hmmmm, well, i'm not gonna have an awful lot in there thats heavy, but i wouldn't want it to wear, but i some people i know have had theirs for 12 years and it's only just started wearing. But juicy bags are nicee too.. hmm, i'm all confused now

ReputationRep:
    id get a small speedy (25 or 30) and buy a college bag from river island or pauls boutique, topshop etcccc.

i wouldnt waste it on an everyday bag.

+ the reason your aunts bag lasted sooo long, is she probably didnt use it everyday....
    Yeahhh that sounds good, people say you can get really good replicas, like, that last the same amout of time, made all nicely and stuff, i could get one of those for college, and save for real one??

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, well, i'm not gonna have an awful lot in there thats heavy, but i wouldn't want it to wear, but i some people i know have had theirs for 12 years and it's only just started wearing. But juicy bags are nicee too.. hmm, i'm all confused now
    but remember, there fashion bags mostly, nicely made, but still.
    days that youll need your textbook youll just get bored of carrying it and get another bag (speaking from experience :p: )

and louis vuitton show their wear, thats just the way they are, and the more you handle it ( a speedy for example, the darker and the quicker the handles become)

have you looked at any other designers? juicy are probs the best for your needs, but dkny and even gucci do some nice bags (a chanel cambon would be ideal for you, but that will cost double what your expecting to spend :p: )

whatever choice you make, make sure you think thoroughly about it, its alot of money, and you want to get as much use of it as possible for as long as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh that sounds good, people say you can get really good replicas, like, that last the same amout of time, made all nicely and stuff, i could get one of those for college, and save for real one??

the really good replicas will still cost you hundreds.
    the decent ones, made from leather etc, will be the one that wll last you, and will set you back....
    (remember, most try their best to sell them as real, so want as much profit as possible)

but the good ones are hard to find, i got soooo many fakes, and then realised none can compare with the real ones.... most are easily detected by the shade of the handles etc..

ReputationRep:
    I like never full PM

if only I had a spare £400 lying around..

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, i'ma look at juicy, expect the juicy stuff can't be shipped here, where can i get juicy bags??? and i'll save for a louis vuitton, and i'll get lots of new clothes for college instead Thanks LouisVuitton43(L)

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, i'ma look at juicy, expect the juicy stuff can't be shipped here, where can i get juicy bags??? and i'll save for a louis vuitton, and i'll get lots of new clothes for college instead Thanks LouisVuitton43(L)
    i thought it could be shipped here.
    hmm.
    well, asos do them, but dont have a great amount...
    big department stores also do them, harvey nicholos selfridges and harrods would be a good bet.

http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/...00000001998436

http://shop.harveynichols.com/fcp/pr...ur-tote/310786

remember they will get different ones for different seasons

stear clear of ebay though, 99.9% fake.

ReputationRep:
    okayy, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have Speedy30 monogram canvas, to be honest though I've gone off it recently, had it a couple of years now has quite a nice patina really. Nice size too but the handles aren't always too practical, I'd like it with an over the shoulder strap. It's just seems that LV is so regularly faked it almost now pointless to carry an authentic bag when most people wouldn't even know the difference between the two. I've changed my buying habits, tend to go for brands or bags which are less instantly recognisable.

Have you thought about getting something from See By Chloe or Marc by Marc Jacobs perhaps? They have items which are within your price range and it'd be a bit different to having the usual LV or Juicy. Tabitha is also quite popular at the moment in particular the Stardust bag. I'm big on Chloe lately in particular, I want a nice wallet to go with my Paraty.

If you have your mind made up on a Juicy though may I recommend Nordstrom online. They only recently started shipping to the UK but I used them at Christmas to order some Juicy charms for my sister and their service was excellent. Plus they have a much wider selection than what you will find in any Selfridges store or Harrods for that matter. You will most likely pay less ordering from Nordstrom despite the shipping as all customs charges are included in the final price and because the markup on Juicy bought in the UK is astronomical!

ReputationRep:
    I have an original Louis Vuitton rolling luggage bag that I got from GOODWILL for $15... It had a broken zipper.. I had it repaired and the repairman said that bag was over $1000 !

ReputationRep:
    Discuss this on www.purseforum.com

Designer lovers are there!

ReputationRep:
    how about this one

ReputationRep:
    I personally love the Tivoli GM D:

ReputationRep:
    One that's being burnt.
    Ugly ugly things.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.