Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive decided that when ive bought my treadmill im going to give to an animal charity monthly but theres so many so which one do i choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    ive decided that when ive bought my treadmill im going to give to an animal charity monthly but theres so many so which one do i choose?
    Why has buying a treadmill inspired you to donate to an animal charity?

I think RSPCA is the main one really, I'm sure there are others, but I'm not aware of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    Why has buying a treadmill inspired you to donate to an animal charity?

I think RSPCA is the main one really, I'm sure there are others, but I'm not aware of them.
    is hasnt insipred me

ReputationRep:
    What concerns you more - protecting wild animals or caring for abandoned animals?

If you prefer the notion of the latter - I'd suggest the RSPCA
    If you prefer the former - I'd suggest the RSPB [it's more than birds these days, though]

There are literally thousands for either focus, but those are the two largest contributors in those respective areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    is hasnt insipred me
    Ignore me, I've just been running for 3 hours and I'm a bit delerious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    Ignore me, I've just been running for 3 hours and I'm a bit delerious.

i'll forgive you :p:

and 3 hours, good god man your fitness must be top notch :eek:

as for what concerns me more all kinds of animal suffering concerns me equally which is why this choice is so hard lol

ReputationRep:
    If you are not sure about what animal charity to donate it to, why don't you donate it to Haiti?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    If you are not sure about what animal charity to donate it to, why don't you donate it to Haiti?

cause i dont wanna donate to haiti

ReputationRep:
    why not donate to helping cure cancer or aids?

ReputationRep:
    Research your local wildlife shelter, like we've got one that focuses on hedgehogs, and perhaps donate to that?

ReputationRep:
    The greyhound trust.

ReputationRep:
    The donkey sanctuary in Devon - I'm not kiddin bout this one.

They help Donkeys in U.K, but also in mederteranian countries and Africa.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone insists on donating to the RSPCA, please donate to your local branch - money given to the RSPCA as an organisation goes straight to their £9.5m headquaters. Individual centres (who do the hard graft with the animals) receive no funding from them.

ReputationRep:
    pick one you think is worth while
    have any pets?
    i love cats, so id give it to CPU
    but PDSA is a good cause, similar to RSPCA but slightly less well known
    they provide free veterinary care to homeless animals and people who cant afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Donate to http://refuge.org.uk, they actually do something worthwhile and with a lot let less money than other charities based on the protection of more photogenic animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    why not donate to helping cure cancer or aids?
    because helping animals is more important to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luuucyx)
    pick one you think is worth while
    have any pets?
    i love cats, so id give it to CPU
    but PDSA is a good cause, similar to RSPCA but slightly less well known
    they provide free veterinary care to homeless animals and people who cant afford it.

yeah ive got 4 hamsters

PDSA would be a good one, we took one of my hamsters there for treatment, she sadly died

ReputationRep:
    Don't give it to one of the big charities, it'll be swallowed up by admin and advertising. Find a local shelter and donate to them

ReputationRep:
    Why not to humans? There are so many humanitarian causes that need funding, and people are always far more willing to donate to animals than humans (which baffles me).

Anyway - what sort of animal causes do you believe in? Is it just that you think animals are cute, or are you trying to help animals that've been abused, or trying to stop cruelty to animals (through cruel methods of farming, for example), or mistreatment to animals overall?
    And is there any oen particular animal that you're more interested in?

Of all the animal charities, I think my 'favourites' are Compassion in World Farming, WSPA and the RSPCA, or you could find a local animal shelter.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ifaw.org

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.