:nothing: IF.
    in flames?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/frie...cdj?dnPos=-121

da daaaa!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    oh when did it change? I thought it was still the case:beard:
    I could be wrong but I think the guy who said that was wrong. Mcdonald's fries were actually made freshly in the store daily and friend in real "animal" oil around the 60s. Then it became a big company and they chose to make it from vegetable oil however it contained flaviouring agents that weren't suitable for vegetarians which had changed in the recent few years, sometime just after 2000 I think..

I could be wrong though it was a while ago I read it and I can't be bothered to check it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    I bet everyone does. McDonald's fries are kinda crap. Wtf is the deal with the salt?:lolwut:
    Good question.

BK is better by miles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    2 cheeseburgers> Plain Double Cheeseburger> Double Cheeseburger> Fries :grin:
    hmm...

2 Plain double cheese burgers>2 cheeseburgers> Plain Double Cheeseburger> Double Cheeseburger> Fries :woo:

But that's just cause i don't like the other stuff. :P.

ReputationRep:
    the only thing i eat from McDees is the fries =| there too good :lol:
    KFC <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    I could be wrong but I think the guy who said that was wrong. Mcdonald's fries were actually made freshly in the store daily and friend in real "animal" oil around the 60s. Then it became a big company and they chose to make it from vegetable oil however it contained flaviouring agents that weren't suitable for vegetarians which had changed in the recent few years, sometime just after 2000 I think..

I could be wrong though it was a while ago I read it and I can't be bothered to check it..
    You're partially right. They did all used to be made from fresh, but then they found it wasn't feasible with the amount the needed, so they bought them in. Now they buy all their fries from massive companies who are destroying the smaller companies who make far better quality fries.
    They were cooked in oil with beef fat in to give them a distinctive flavour that everyone liked, but then they realised that they were really pissing off the vegetarians, so they had to change to vegetable oil, but it took them ages to get the flavour right, which is probably why they use loads of salt.

Thank you, Eric Schlosser, for teaching me the way of the fries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Burger King fries > McD's
    I definitely second that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madmandanxd)
    hmm...

2 Plain double cheese burgers>2 cheeseburgers> Plain Double Cheeseburger> Double Cheeseburger> Fries :woo:

But that's just cause i don't like the other stuff. :P.
    I was like you once..now i just dont like the pickles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    I was like you once..now i just dont like the pickles.
    URGH :vroam: plain is nice, they're not just made and kept warm. They have to specifically be made for ya . much nicer .

ReputationRep:
    Because of vegetarians
    Animals no longer die
    We can live as one inside the slaughterhouse

The main issue is:
    Now everybody down at McDonnellzzz
    They down with Ronnell McDonnell
    And now they hitting the bottle
    And everybody cool!

ReputationRep:
    I'll clarify the issue.

In the UK, fries at McDonalds have been suitable for vegetarians since the early 90's

If you eat McDonalds in the US, although they did switch to vegetable oil, the fries are flavoured with animal-based flavourings.

Now, if we're talking about McDonalds, I have curiously noticed that the Spicy Veggie Deli is described as being not suitable for vegetarians on the reverse of the sheets which they put on the trays. Now, does anyone have any gossip on this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackpoolCraig)

Now, if we're talking about McDonalds, I have curiously noticed that the Spicy Veggie Deli is described as being not suitable for vegetarians on the reverse of the sheets which they put on the trays. Now, does anyone have any gossip on this one?
    possibly because they're sometimes cooked in the same oil as chicken products?

Or at least that happened when I worked there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.