Turn on thread page Beta

iamamiwhoami watch

ReputationRep:
    It's blatantly done by this guy.

1. Hes putting out a new album soon
    2. It is supposed to sound darker and simpler, and electronic, according to his interview. check, check and check, at least compared to Person Pitch.
    3. the sound on video 2 for the owl is EXACTLY the same as the one on the song "Bros" on Person Pitch.
    4. the singing on video 4 reminds me of his singing on some songs.
    5. he has the resources and creativity to put out something like this.

And on top of these, his name is Panda Bear and he started The Animal Collective and what is a recurring theme in these videos?? Animals!

ReputationRep:
    There was some talk on the youtube channel page that Salem could possibly be responsible though, I'm really not sure at all. That said, the band do appear to be very elusive and I guess anything's possible. If you haven't heard of them, they're worth a look. However, rest assured, their material is very hard to come by. As far as I can work out, they've released two album-type works called 'Fuku' and 'Fukt' (with an additional 'c' before the 'k') and some other EPs.

A few examples of their work:

ReputationRep:
    I think my money is on either Fever Ray or Bjork, but im not really convinced its either of them. These could be remixes of new songs by whoever it is and its possible that the actual songs sound nothing like this at all. Part of me wants to believe that its someone like Panda Bear, The Avalanches or even Boards of Canada (this marketing seems like something BOC would do), but they really are long shots, I guess they could be collaborating with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    This is all so interesting.

ReputationRep:

and

are the first two tracks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    There was some talk on the youtube channel page that Salem could possibly be responsible though, I'm really not sure at all. That said, the band do appear to be very elusive and I guess anything's possible. If you haven't heard of them, they're worth a look. However, rest assured, their material is very hard to come by. As far as I can work out, they've released two album-type works called 'Fuku' and 'Fukt' (with an additional 'c' before the 'k') and some other EPs.

A few examples of their work:

Personally, I prefer the Israeli death metal band. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.