Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advise needed...Laptop or Desktop? Watch

ReputationRep:
    okay basically
    my sisters computer does not work at the moment,
    and i know this sounds greedy but i used both a computer and a laptop
    the computer is connected to the printer, and i do all my ict work on their because i dont have the internet so im more dedicated, also its faster because theres not much on their
    and i use my laptop for blog, facebook basically the interwebs
    all my creative and personal shizz is on my laptop
    and i dont mind if i get a bug on my laptop, cause its MY laptop, whereas if i get a virus on my dad's computer...he will be pretty pissed

and now i have to give up one
    they both have windows vista, so this isnt a problem, watch dvd's on both
    if i give up the computer,
    i will also have to give up the printer(that will go into her room, so i would have to go to her room to print) and the really fast computer where i can get my ict work quickly (i can add the internet with a dongle, so this isnt much of a worry)
    or lose the laptop, where i can travel the internet freely, not worrying much about viruses, and just basically being free
    also, i dont really move my laptop much, once its in a place, it stays there for a long time. so its almost like a computer
    in addition, i connect a external mouse and keyboard because i dont like laptop keys.

im spoilt, and i dont want to give any of them away, but i've got to make a decision
    what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't u just get an ethernet/wireless printer?
    I prefer my laptops myself, but it depends on what u do with them software wise, say if u need mouse functionality i.e. 3D software, advantage of desktop is that u can more easily upgrade. And if u say you're using it with mouse & keyboard, seems like a waste of time to me.
    Yeah, this is what u do - keep the desktop, and buy a netbook.

ReputationRep:
    Could you give me the gist of your post?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.