Turn on thread page Beta

Too cheesy? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 months now, and Valentine's Day is coming up. But we can't spend it together because her parents hate me and don't even know we're together. They think I've manipulated their daughter - I'm a girl too, but I can tell you I haven't. But that's irrelevant right now.

I was thinking of writing her a letter to give to her next time I see her, basically telling her what we would have done together if we'd have been able to go out somewhere on Valentine's Day - like kind of a story...

I mean, is that cute or just stupid?

ReputationRep:
    She'll probably appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    cheese rating: mild cheddar.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite cute, if she likes creative things I'm sure she'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    5/10 for cheesyness
    10/10 for sweetness
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think that's really sweet and I normal hate cheesy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    the right kind of cheese =)

ReputationRep:
    no that's sweet and a good idea

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit like cheddar rather than cheese. Go for it.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Thats reallly really really really really cute

ReputationRep:
    tell her you were planning to film a video of you both having lesbian sex and were planning on posting it on the net to show the world how much you love each other

ReputationRep:
    Cheesy as the chips and cheese I had last night.

ReputationRep:
    People do not do this kind of thing enough. It's adorable. Anyway, what exactly is cheesy? If you mean it, from your heart, let that speak for itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    tell her you were planning to film a video of you both having lesbian sex and were planning on posting it on the net to show the world how much you love each other
    Original.

Thanks for the replies though, I'll probably get to work on that then. It was a fleeting idea I had when we were chatting in school today about how we're disappointed we'll have to spend the day without each other. And yeah, she does like cheesy things I guess ha.

ReputationRep:
    Cute

ReputationRep:
    letters are awesome. its a great idea

ReputationRep:
    The world doesn't have enough people who are willing to write letters. Gah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)
    The world doesn't have enough people who are willing to write letters. Gah.
    Me + my girlfriend have written each other quite a few during the time we've been together It's just something we both like to do I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Although I disagree with your relationship, it's still a good idea and it would mean a lot to her, especially given your situation. It's not at all cheesy but more sweet and lovely :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Right I've written the letter, feedback would be appreciated?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m pretty disappointed that we couldn’t be together on Valentine’s Day this year *Girlfriend* – not that it should really be treated that differently as it is just like another day… Even though it does make me feel different to any other. And I’m also disappointed that I couldn’t get you the stuff that I wanted to get you, due to it being impossible without my parents catching on. Anyway I decided to do something sort of weird, because I’m kinda cheesy and a bit sad that way darling. Since we couldn’t be together on the 14th, I’ma tell you what we would have done if the circumstances were different just for that one day.

I’d arrive at your door with a single rose, yes, because I’m cheesy and silly like that. It wouldn’t be one of those roses that you could buy at school either, but one freshly bought before I arrived. We’d walk together, hand in hand to *Park* – it’s not the most scenic but it’s really the best *Place* has to offer, and have a picnic on the grass. Yes, a picnic! And not even a picnic in the rain; it would be a nice day in my mind – the sun shining y’know. We’d have apple champagne and I would definitely bring candyfloss for us.

After that we would make our way to my house – not for THAT reason *Girlfriend*, naughty… I just wish we could spend more time together, alone as well, so really that’s what I’d preferably want to do I guess. Miraculously I would have convinced my parents and my brother to go out for the whole day, so we’d have the house to ourselves. Most of our time would be spent in the new living room – it’s small and cosy, perfect for cuddling on the sofa, as we would certainly do plenty of. I’d even bring my guitar downstairs and show you the song I’ve been working on recently, about you.

Now, this is where I’m really hoping you like macaroni cheese, because that’s the only thing I’m amazingly confident at cooking (I’m only 15, give me a break!). Yes, I am the master of macaroni, and stirring of course. As for pudding, we’d have strawberries with the chocolate fountain, yay!

Then we’d watch a DVD – a romance would be the obvious choice here, or of course, Jennifer’s Body or Lesbian Vampire Killers for a comedic effect… Whichever movie we would watch, we’d make our usual cute comments and remarks, as we do.

Now this will surprise you: You’d stay over *gasp*. And you’d sleep beside me, yes, y’know in the same bed. We’d stay up for hours just talking, and cuddling for that matter before we fell asleep. You should know, I want to sleep with you equally as much as you want to with me (once again, not like that). Of course, I do hope you don’t snore haha.

And that’s how we would have spent the day if we could this year. Though I’m not telling you what I would have bought you – I may be able to do that a different year so I’ll keep that to myself me thinks.

I love you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.